Anti-Thaksin guards shot and wounded at Democracy Monument and Finance Min

webfact

Anti-Thaksin guards shot and wounded

BANGKOK: -- Shots were fired and ping pong bombs were thrown at two protest sites of the anti-Thai regime demonstrators last night at the Democracy Monument and the Finance Ministry, wounding two security guards and a youth.

The first violence broke out at the gate of the Finance Ministry where demonstrators were still occupying. Several shots were fired and ping pong bombs were thrown at the security guards protecting the demonstrators at the Klong Papa canal.

One guard was injured.

But Bang Sue station police said they still did not establish the wound was caused by gunshot or by the ping pong bomb explosion as they still could not yet enter the scene for inspection for safety reason. They said they would inspect the scent this morning.

Meanwhile at the Democracy Monument, security guards of the demonstrators also clashed with a motorcycle gang of youths who tried to enter the area from Yaek Kokwua intersection but was stopped by the guards. The angry youths then hurled several ping pong bombs at the guards, wounding one guard identified as Sornchai Tuksuwan, 36, and a youth.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/anti-thaksin-guards-shot-wounded/

-- Thai PBS 2013-12-06

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three wounded in two separate attacks against anti-govt protesters
By English News

13863005015918.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 6 - Three people were wounded late Thursday in two separate attacks at two locations including a rally site of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), violence which a protest leader believed was politically-motivated.

Former Democrat MP Thaworn Senneam, one of the PDRC leaders, brought protest security guard Banjong Pengsakul to Rajavithi Hospital after his left wrist was hit by a bullet while he was on security duty near
the Finance Ministry, one of the three protest sites.

Mr Thaworn said at around 10pm, a homemade 'ping-pong' bomb was hurled into a group of guards which put them on higher alert.

At 11pm, two gunmen on a motorcycle fired six shots into the group of guards, one of which struck Mr Banjong.

Mr Thaworn said he believed the political conflict was the reason for the attack.

At Khok Wua intersection, near the Democracy Monument on Rajdamnoen Avenue, one of three protest sites, a volunteer PDRC guard was wounded in at attack using homemade ping-pong bombs.

A guard witnessing the incident said the guards clashed with a group of teenagers on motorcycles and sounds of explosions were heard.

A guard identified as Sornchai Tuksuwan was seriously injured on his left arm and was sent to Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) General Hospital while a teenager was also wounded and sent to Vajira
Hospital.

Chana Songkram police inspected the crime scene bringing along a teenage suspect who was detained by the anti-government guards for questioning. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-06

Three injured in anti-government clashes
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's Erawan emergency medical service centre has reported that three people have been injured in two clashes near the anti-government demonstration site near the Finance Ministry and Khok Wua Intersection.

They were sent for medical treatment to Rajavithi, Vachira and Klang hospitals

According to the Erawan Emergency Medical Service, a 46-year-old man suffered a gun shot wound to his arm. He was sent from the anti-government demonstration site at the Finance Ministry to Rajavithi hospital.

Another two people injured during a clash between a gang of motorcyclists and anti-government-protesters at Khok Wua intersection were also sent to hospital.

One of them, a 35-year-old man, was sent to Klang hospital with a ragged wound on his right hand and finger.

The other, an 18-year-old, suffered a stab wound in his left side and was sent to Vachira hospital.

The rescue team from Rajapipat hospital, which transported the two to hospital, reported a sound like a loud explosion near Khok Wua intersection.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-06

I don't know about anywhere else, but all around my neighborhood "ping pong bombs" were raining down like 'fireworks'.In fact, at 19:29 hours, it sounded like WWIII !

I hope no one was 'wounded'.

Are they putting "shrapnel" in the ping pong bombs or is it only an explosive? i.e. a noise maker like a big fire-cracker?

I don't know about anywhere else, but all around my neighborhood "ping pong bombs" were raining down like 'fireworks'.In fact, at 19:29 hours, it sounded like WWIII !

I hope no one was 'wounded'.

Are they putting "shrapnel" in the ping pong bombs or is it only an explosive? i.e. a noise maker like a big fire-cracker?

My point is that, last night, 'blasts" were taking place all across the country - 'ping pong bomb', roman candle, pyrotechnic mortar shell, or whatever. Without forensic evidence, why should anyone assume what these were? I could venture a guess ….

As a kid, a friend of mine had a simple firecracker go off in his hand. It blew a substantial part of a finger clean off. The wound left a pool of blood, and a blood trail, from where the incident occurred, to his home. He could have told his parents that he was the victim of a drive-by. But, back in those days, drive-bys weren't in vogue!

Around my neighborhood, there were hundreds of blasts, many of which had me truly concerned for my windows. My house, brick and mortar, shook. In Thailand, fireworks are not the mundane sparklers and smoke balls we find in the west.

• Like 1

Ping-pong balls, powerfull firecrackers and injured at rally gatherings... All that are some of the many elements of Thainess.

Thainess. It seems is a contagion. Read the posts in this forum. Lilliput is not only a work of fiction.

• Like 1

From the first post:

Shots were fired and ping pong bombs were thrown at two protest sites of the anti-Thai regime demonstrators last night at the Democracy Monument and the Finance Ministry, wounding two security guards and a youth.

I know about the anti-Thaksin and Pro-Thaksin factions, but haven't heard of any faction that is against Thais in general.. xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.v2JGDFj1C6.webp

• Like 2

From the first post:

Shots were fired and ping pong bombs were thrown at two protest sites of the anti-Thai regime demonstrators last night at the Democracy Monument and the Finance Ministry, wounding two security guards and a youth.

I know about the anti-Thaksin and Pro-Thaksin factions, but haven't heard of any faction that is against Thais in general.. xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.v2JGDFj1C6.webp

Lol, I missed the refuse... thumbsup.gif

The mind boggles at how those ping pong bombs were launched. rolleyes.gif

never saw a ping pong show? There the female instructors show how to lunch it.

How to lunch it?

The mind boggles. clap2.gifcheesy.gifw00t.gif

It can be eaten if that's what you fancy.licklips.gif

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

Let us face the facts in life... those in power do not want to lose it..... Sweet words, and great promises...

Bak wahn, doot beoh, just my opinion..... Promises of fixin', while nobody listens.... Too many interests to

involve the people ... I give them credit for doing what they are doing......

Time to impeach, the Pretty Girl, and refuse her brother from ever returning......

Just a thought....

kilosierra

• Like 1

Protest leader denounces violent incidents against protesters
By English News

13863121845778-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 6 - Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban on Friday condemned violent incidents late Thursday in which two guards were wounded in separate minor clashes near the anti-government rally site at the Democracy Monument on Ratchdamnoen Avenue and at the Finance Ministry.

Mr Suthep posted a message on his personal social media page, denouncing the violence against protesters. However, he has not yet announced any further move.

Police said a group of teenagers approached the demonstration site on motorcycles and clashed with security guards protecting it.

A security guard was injured on his left arm and a teenager was stabbed. They were sent to different hospitals. Security measures in the area have been stepped up.

Police said they would review images on the closed-circuit cameras at Khok Wua intersection but initially ruled out any political motivation behind the attack.

Ekanat Prompan, spokesman of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee, said firecrackers were thrown into a group of protesters at the Finance Ministry, a rally site on Soi Aree, and about 40 motorcyclists drove near the rally site to create disturbances.

A volunteer at the Finance Ministry was injured, he said.

Mr Ekanat said demonstrators, including doctors and nurses tending protesters, have been alarmed since Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul was appointed chairman of the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO).

He said protesters will continue their non-violent, unarmed demonstrations until they reach their goal of eliminating the Thaksin regime.

Protest leader Suthep will make a crucial announcement this evening on the next anti-government move, he said.

Army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha has reportedly assigned Royal Guard military personnel to enter the rally sites at Nang Lerng and Wang Daeng, controlled by the Students and People Network for Thailand’s Reform - another anti-government group, to assist residents in areas affected by the political unrest.

A military mobile medical unit has also been set up at nearby Wat Sommanat to service local residents. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-06

Political Violence Resumes Minutes After HM's Birthday
By Khaosod Online

sh.jpg
Mr. Banchong Pengsakul moments after he was shot by unidentified individual at Ministry of Finance

BANGKOK: -- The brief lull in the political confrontation in Bangkok came to an end minutes after His Majesty the King′s Birthday when an anti-government protester was shot by unknown individuals at Ministry of Finance.

According to witnesses, Mr. Banchong Pengsakul, a 46 year old resident of Surat Thani province, was serving as a volunteer security guard for the protesters and patrolling the Ministry, where the anti-government protesters have been occupying for a week, when two individuals on motorcycle approached him and shot at Mr. Banchong.

The assailants quickly fled the scene, and the protesters who witnessed the scene could not identify the type of the motorcycle used by the attackers. Mr. Banchong was later sent to Rajthewee Hospital; his condition is described as stable.

The attack was said to occur at 00.05 - several minutes after the symbolic date of 5 December, when anti-government protesters led by former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban agreed to suspend their political campaign for a day to observe the auspicious occasion of His Majesty the King′s Birthday.

The truce came after the protests in Bangkok turned violent over the weekend of 30 November and 1 December, when anti-government protesters clashed with pro-government Redshirts in eastern Bangkok, leaving at least four people dead, and anti-government protesters engaging in fierce street battle with the police around Government House.

However, many Thais did not expect the truce to last following HM′s Birthday, and Mr. Suthep has previously vowed he would resume his campaign to oust PM Yingluck Shinawatra once the celebration is over.

Mr. Thavorn Senniam, former Democrat MP who is now one of the protest leaders, said two hours prior to Mr. Banchong′s shooting an unknown assailant also lopped small explosive device toward the protesters at the Ministry of Finance, but no injury was reported.

The former Democrat MP also criticised the police′s handling of the incidents, claiming that officers took more than an hour before arriving at the scene.

Mr. Thavorn added that he had instructed the guards to patrol the protest site more frequently, and he had requested his fellow protesters to park their cars along the compound′s fences to serve as a barrier from potential attacks.

Naewna newspaper and anti-government social network sites have identified the assailants who shot Mr. Banchong as "Redshirts agents", but the claim cannot be independently verified.

In an separate incident, anti-government protesters at Ratchadamnoen Avenue also came under attacks from a large group of teenage motorcycle gang who reportedly attempted to drive their vehicles into the protest site.

Mr. Pongthep Klangcharoen, 34, who serves as a volunteer guard for the protesters, said he was manning his checkpoint near Kok Wua Intersection around 04.00 today when over 100 Dek Vans approached the protest camp and tried to drive past the checkpoint.

When the guards refused to let them through, Mr. Pongthep said, the Dek Vans were visibly agitated, and they responded by throwing three small explosive devices at the protest guards. The motorcycle gang reportedly left the scene after the attack, but they later came back and threw more explosives at the protesters.

One protest guard and one Dek Vans were injured by the incidents, police officers said. Th

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE5qTXhOVEV5TWc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-12-06

Since it was Thai and Khmer hoodlums, should we say Thaksin's third AND fourth hands...?

Seems Thaksin's third hand is becoming more active........

"Shots were fired and ping pong bombs were thrown at two protest sites of the anti-Thai regime demonstrators last night at the Democracy Monument and the Finance Ministry, wounding two security guards and a youth."

"Five Cambodians have been arrested by protest guards at Ratchadamnoen Avenue for allegedly attempting to torch the protest stage on December 5 on the occasion of His Majesty the Kings birthday."

"Motorcycle-mounted assailants shoot anti-government protester guards at Finance Ministry, 1 wounded; bomb hurled at Khok Wua Intersection, 2 wounded /MCOT"

• Like 1