Getting To Hua Inn

eyes

Just need some information on the cheapest and easiest way to to get to Hua Inn from Bangkok airport ,i am arriving March 6 from Melbourne for a couple of weeks holiday and then down to Koh Samui ,any information will be of help also any recommendations for good hotels close to the night life. Thanks Eyes

Rather depends on what time you arrive in BKK

From Victory Monument near the hospital you can take a minivan to HH for about 160 baht

From Sai Tai Mai (Southern Bus Terminal) you can do AC bus for 128

from the main train station you can get to HH for less than 200 but I do 2nd class air for 212

have no idea of hotel rates in town sorry :o

You can get a bus fom outside the domestic Air terminal (about 200 meters from the international terminal) to the Southern bus terminal ( Go inside the terminal and you can get on the bus first rather than wait at the bus stop.) You can get a blue and white bus from there for 99 baht (seats recline a bit) it stops a lot, takes about 2 hours 30 minutes but is ok and you certainly get to see a bit of thailand on the way. the last time I caught it (January) Street vendors even came on board selling snacks. :o

Sorry fogot to add Hotels ---- there are loads in the town if you want something near the beach & and the nightlife there are loads of guest Houses on the sea front just turn up dont bother booking, the town is not busy (at the moment) some of them are on the old squid piers Koran hut is where I have stayed 500 baht for aircon + double bed + ensuite. Also if you are going for the nightlife (there is no restrictions on guests!)

Im sure I dont need to tell you some of the guesthouses are not so good so check the facilities before getting the room.

http://www.thipurai-development.com/tch.htm

Take a look at the link above, the hotel is run by a very good friend of mine, Madame Ning, the hotel is brand new and in a fantastic location.

The hotel can also arrange a taxi to pick you up from the airport and deliver you to their doorstep at the cost of 2500 Barht. Although not the cheapest it is by far the easiest.

Ask to speak to Beau and mention the recomendation was from English Patrick and she may give you special rate. :o

Have a great time in HuaHin

:o When you are out and about enjoying the night life (the soi) with the girls bars, if you want a late night drink drop into Yings its about the second bar up from the bottom (opposite the hotel) she will never throw you out as long as you keep buying. I left at 07.30 some mornings in january tell her Phil sends regards to his thai mother!

I suggest driving down in a Sharaton Tank or similar as the standard of driving down is appalling - crazy bar stewerds inches from bumper if u not fast enough for them weaving in and out at fast speeds - pray to your chosen diety before leaving that u get a quiet day and the maniacs stay at home, especially outskirts Bangkok. Some bstad in a tanker nearly crushed us turning off bridge exit before the road either didnt look or didnt care. If wife driving that would have been curtains.

• 2 weeks later...