android spell check?

Mike45

SWIFTKEY & GO KEYBOARD are two popular keyboard aps with good spell checkers and predictive text. Both are available on Google Play. Both offer a "free" version but they are trial versions and eventually expire. The aps are quite inexpensive if you decide to buy the full featured version.

Associated with the keyboard.

Settings, Language & input, tick "Spell checker", then click on "Settings" (3-slider bar icon to the right) to configure.

The spell checker is already checked. But so was the Huawei keyboard. I unchecked it and I'm now using the default android keyboard and it's working beautifully.

Thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Associated with the keyboard.

Settings, Language & input, tick "Spell checker", then click on "Settings" (3-slider bar icon to the right) to configure.

I have Android 4.1.2. and followed the above instructions but no "Spell checker" I have predictive text but prefer a windows type spell checker and thought that I would find it following your advice but no such luck.

I have Android 4.1.2. and followed the above instructions but no "Spell checker" I have predictive text but prefer a windows type spell checker and thought that I would find it following your advice but no such luck.

Yeah, I'm on Android 4.4.

Can't remember what 4.1.2 is like, pretty sure there was a spell checker but that was ages ago. Do you have a Google Keyboard? Maybe drill down into that? Or just look on the interwebs to see what you can do with 4.1.2

FWIW, I mostly use speech to text for input; much faster than typing that's for sure.

post-9615-0-12528800-1386586326_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-43502200-1386586333_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-37180800-1386586342_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-94494500-1386586349_thumb.jp