Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Franklin will come good...no doubt. 600k for mummy would have been hard to justify surely?

Anyway...come back from a lovely dinner and wonderful ka moo grob and I see the final quarter and full time score in the swans game.

Really, fa_rk me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Franklin will come good...no doubt. 600k for mummy would have been hard to justify surely?

Anyway...come back from a lovely dinner and wonderful ka moo grob and I see the final quarter and full time score in the swans game.

Really, fa_rk me.

Yeah but pssst the saints beat the gws, which you couldn't do.biggrin.png

Calm down rip and have faith.. We've traditionally been the worst starters in the AFL..

Buddy will come good, he showed signs today..

As has been said, once Tippett is back the dynamic will change and will change further when Goodesy comes Goodes (ok I'll get my coat)..

There was lots to be pleased about today, Reid had a good look. Jetta was starting to find his feet...

Ruck's always been a soft spot for us, I think they over estimated Pykey being able to stand up as #1 ruck but there's a lot to like about Derickx. Mummy was a big loss, no doubt about it, but I don't think the Swans brains trust were counting on Tippett being out for so long..

We're 0-2 and so are Adelaide and probably 2 others...

If we're 0-5 at the end of round 5, we can kiss the top 4 goodbye.

Adelaide, North and Freo should see us 2-3 possibly 3-2 not catastrophic but difficult...

Tanking for the CoLA re-instatement? :P

Calm down rip and have faith.. We've traditionally been the worst starters in the AFL..

Buddy will come good, he showed signs today..

As has been said, once Tippett is back the dynamic will change and will change further when Goodesy comes Goodes (ok I'll get my coat)..

There was lots to be pleased about today, Reid had a good look. Jetta was starting to find his feet...

Ruck's always been a soft spot for us, I think they over estimated Pykey being able to stand up as #1 ruck but there's a lot to like about Derickx. Mummy was a big loss, no doubt about it, but I don't think the Swans brains trust were counting on Tippett being out for so long..

We're 0-2 and so are Adelaide and probably 2 others...

If we're 0-5 at the end of round 5, we can kiss the top 4 goodbye.

Adelaide, North and Freo should see us 2-3 possibly 3-2 not catastrophic but difficult...

Tanking for the CoLA re-instatement? :P

I didn't see the game but that's good news about butterfingers and jetta.

how well did Collingwood play though? They were crap round one.

I reckon Pyke will gave a great second half of the season...

There are some rumours as mentioned in linked articles about some player tensions.

If the Swans played this way last week, they'd have taken the Giants by a long way...

Yup, butters was strong on the mark but needs to look at his accuracy...

Just little annoying little things that the boys need to work on..

Derickx is a good prospect, he's quite physical like Mummy but not the bulk or presence that Mummy has..

Gary Rohan looked promising also but needs to find his confidence. He finds that, he'll be awesome.

McVeigh needs to push forward and not hang on the half back... Malco and Shawy can handle that area with precision and run... McVeigh slows them down IMHO. If Parker can HTFU he'll also be a gun. Hanners needs to stop sniffing Buddy's arse (despite crashing his car) as that's slowing him down.

I missed the last quarter as I was in a meeting, but there appeared to be something in the last 10 mins that had the boys baulking...

• Like 1

Really, fa_rk me.

It might be the Saints year chooka.

Really, fa_rk me.

It might be the Saints year chooka.

cheesy.gif nah I don't think so, I just living the moment before I crash back to reality next week.

• Like 1

Eagles slaughtered Melbourne by 93 points.

Had a feeling they were going to be a force this year with a new coach, some good pickups and hopefully a better year with injuries.

Thought of putting $1000 on them at 15/1 last week, no chance of getting that price now.

• Like 2

Eagles slaughtered Melbourne by 93 points.

Had a feeling they were going to be a force this year with a new coach, some good pickups and hopefully a better year with injuries.

Thought of putting $1000 on them at 15/1 last week, no chance of getting that price now.

I missed that boat as well.

anyone know where you can put money on the two GF teams?

Was at the Gabba today. Lions not bad in a 25-point defeat. Plenty of endeavour, but lots of silly mistakes and turnovers. Geelong are just a classier side.

Lions won't play finals in 2014, but if they keep going as they are they'll be nobody's easybeats. Perhaps 10 wins again.

They've got a couple of young stars in Sam Mayes (second year) and James Aish (draftee from Norwood).

Below are the results for Round 2 . There were 3 tied on 8 They were Chooka, Gazman and Kooweerup. Very good tipping. The actual winner for the week is Chooka who was closet to the margin of the first game. Well done

Thanks for the tip Bookman.

post-126018-0-68302400-1396176884_thumb.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 2

Below are the results for Round 2 . There were 3 tied on 8 They were Chooka, Gazman and Kooweerup. Very good tipping. The actual winner for the week is Chooka who was closet to the margin of the first game. Well done

Thanks for the tip Bookman.

Official AFL Footy Tipping Competition Thailand Mob.jpeg

Well done chooka, and gaz and koo for picking 8!

season is looking interesting thus far and could be a very diff top 8 this year

Champs are in abundance in the competition, particularly in the midfield.

Gold Coast’s Ablett remains the standout and four trail him: Joel Selwood, Jobe Watson, Pendlebury and Patrick Dangerfield.

Did Dangerfield play this weekend?

Can't recall hearing much about him. cool.png

Gold Coast’s Ablett remains the standout and four trail him: Joel Selwood, Jobe Watson, Pendlebury and Patrick Dangerfield.

Did you see the game Scea? If not, time to get CTH so you can watch on the Australia Network Channel.

I think your boys will finish top 4 this year.

Yes, and "Danger" had a real quiet game.

Did you see the game Scea? If not, time to get CTH so you can watch on the Australia Network Channel.

Is PerthNow a free online paper or is it like AdelaideNow and you only get two free articles a day?

I already pay for The Age online, not keen on getting another one.

Gold Coasts Ablett remains the standout and four trail him: Joel Selwood, Jobe Watson, Pendlebury and Patrick Dangerfield.

Is PerthNow a free online paper or is it like AdelaideNow and you only get two free articles a day?

It's free.

For any of those restricted news sites, wen you reach your daily limit, clear your browsing history, then u start again

• Like 2

Gold Coasts Ablett remains the standout and four trail him: Joel Selwood, Jobe Watson, Pendlebury and Patrick Dangerfield.

Same, same. The Sunday Times and The Adelaide Advertiser.

Both Newscorp.

I stopped using PerthNow when every article I wanted to read demanded I subscribe first.

I now use WAToday, still free.

edit: just saw Bookmans post, I'll give that a go.

Edited by Old Croc

It's restricted to so many per month scea.

Just like Old Croc says, think I'll give BookMan's tip a crack.

Was watching Damian Barrett and Garry Lyon on the AFL website last night (now I've never liked him personally always thought the other bald fella whatever his name was - Hutchy that's him - always a more likeable fellow. Barrett always seems swarmy, like the type typical P.I gumshoe type tabloid reporter.) giving Horse a pasting about how the Swans played and how there's a culture fracture in the team with Buddy's arrival. After 2 games, he's written them off. I'm fairly sure he does this every year that the Swans start bad.

On the Dees, Garry Lyon noted that Roosy's salary being 7 figure, half was for his coaching prowess and the other half is for "taking the heat" off the players. He also mentioned it was that "taking the heat" part that burned up Bailey and Neale. He thinks that Roosy has what it takes - being a premiership coach - to be able to absorb that "heat"

Is Buddy really bringing down the Swans?

Never has one man, in such a short time, been so responsible for the demise of one club.

That’s what we are led to believe if you listen to some of the disgruntled coat-tuggers on why the Sydney Swans have begun the season with a pair of disappointing losses.

Single-handedly Lance Franklin has turned a top-four team into a side incapable of playing September football; a side out the window with bookmakers when framing premiership markets.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/04/01/is-buddy-really-bringing-down-the-swans/

• Like 1