Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

What you missed on last night's footy shows.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/catch-up-on-all-the-major-issues-from-mondays-footy-review-with-carlton-under-the-pump/story-e6frg1xu-1226884406126

WCE escaped a lot of heat due to Carlton, Richmond and Syd losing.

I didn't realise Syd have only won 3 out of it's last 11.

They also had an extra 18 inside 50's against North.

• Like 1

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/catch-up-on-all-the-major-issues-from-mondays-footy-review-with-carlton-under-the-pump/story-e6frg1xu-1226884406126

Perhaps they need to buy a good, big forward to convert those chances.

• Like 2

When I saw the incident involving Buddy, I couldn't believe the report was withdrawn.

What a waste of time for everyone involved.

Yeah totally agree there Khun Will27, I think the guys from the AFL website who do the online stuff made mention that it was probably done to calm the situation down on the field. Which makes sense. It would've looked a lot worse in real time than it was.

• Like 1

Perhaps they need to buy a good, big forward to convert those chances.

Butterfingers Reid will come good in 6 or 7 years.

Clearly there are some issues. Last year they had a lot of injuries but most of those players are back now.

I'm back next week in OZ. I'll take Buddy out for a few drinks and get to the bottom of what the problems are

• Like 2

Jonathan Brown's 250th game this week.

He's missed 88 all up due to injury or suspension.

Lions will wear a special guernsey for the game, with the leftwards facing lion.

This is the last year of the paddlepop, thank goodness.

• Like 1

Well done to Brown,one of the greats.

Think i'll have to revise my margin now i know that.

Yeah well, he wasn't a bad player but had a bit of a bad name for picking on the smaller nice guy type players. whistling.gif

[media]

[media]

[

/quote]

Think Macaffer might end up with one of those before long.

Leave taggers alone, says former Saint

The idea that umpires could effectively crack down on taggers was futile and given all teams had a tagger, critics should stop whingeing, according to one of the more provocative and effective taggers in the game, Steven Baker.

The former St Kilda tagger, who polarised opinion for his ruthless style, said the tagger was only doing to midfielders what defenders were applauded for doing to forwards.

"The umpires can be told to be harsh on players facing away from the ball and they will try to stamp that out, but it is really hard to do, they can't possibly see everything. There is no rule to say you can't be looking at your opponent, not the ball,'' said Baker who was suspended for nine matches in 2010 for his treatment of Geelong's Steve Johnson.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/leave-taggers-alone-says-former-saint-20140415-zqv5w.html#ixzz2z0OMT2n6

Brown in this morning's Courier-Mail apologised for his lack of discipline in the 2004 season. Said his suspensions may have led to the team having to play a "home" preliminary final in Melbourne, resulting in back to back travel and a shorter turnaround.

Leigh Matthews didn't think it was a factor though, saying the loss of ruckman Jamie Charman was a bigger concern.

Brown in this morning's Courier-Mail apologised for his lack of discipline in the 2004 season. Said his suspensions may have led to the team having to play a "home" preliminary final in Melbourne, resulting in back to back travel and a shorter turnaround.

Leigh Matthews didn't think it was a factor though, saying the loss of ruckman Jamie Charman was a bigger concern.

Brisbane having to travel to Melbourne after finishing 2nd to play Geelong

who finished 4th was a disgrace that didn't help at all.

We hopefully won't see those days again.

Yeah well, he wasn't a bad player but had a bit of a bad name for picking on the smaller nice guy type players. whistling.gif

You won the premiership, Brownie got 8 weeks, and you're still whinging!whistling.gif

This just happened to come up on my FaceBook page today by sheer coincidence. thumbsup.gif

Will the Brisbane Lions ever stop whinging about losing the 2004 grand final? All we hear about is how it was so unfair that they were scheduled to play in Melbourne for the preliminary final instead of in Brisbane. Leigh Matthews says the Lions were "sabotaged" by the AFL. What you don't hear Brisbane complaining about is the relatively little known fact that that they had an extra $600,000 in their salary cap during their era of success. Exactly how many premierships this money bought them no one will ever know, but there's no doubt it helped them develop and maintain a strong list.

In an article published today, Brown complains about his injuries and Jamie Charman's possibly costing the Lions important wins throughout the season and finishing in top spot. Two can play that game Browny. Just how many games did Josh Francou and captain Matthew Primus play in 2004 again? Brown also says that he wasn't fully fit going into the grand final. Yep, Brendan Lade says hi.

• Like 1

The extra $600,000 in their salary cap? Most likely came from their CoLA...

Really can't say I've ever heard too many of them carry on about the '04 season - and I had the "pleasure" of hanging around them a fair amount during a stint in Brisneyland, pure coincidence, not by choice :P

Browney, like Hally's little brother ;)

Finishing 2nd and having to travel to Melbourne the first week, IS a disgrace!

• Like 1

I predict chookas reign is over this week

Bring it on Bookmanthumbsup.gif

Brissy

pies

Eagles

Freo

Port

Ess

Crows

Gold C

Dog

Hawks

Looks like you can't lose in the WCE/Port game chookabiggrin.png
little wonder he is leadng the comp this year.

I might tip GWS over Adelaide...

Bring it on Bookman:thumbsup:

Brissy

pies

Eagles

Freo

Port

Ess

Crows

Gold C

Dog

Hawks

You going for a draw Chooka,eagles and port.

a bet each way as bookman sent a challenge outbiggrin.png Actually strike out the eagles.

• Like 1

Bring it on Bookmanthumbsup.gif

Brissy

pies

Eagles

Freo

Port

Ess

Crows

Gold C

Dog

Hawks

Looks like you can't lose in the WCE/Port game chookabiggrin.png
little wonder he is leadng the comp this year.

I might tip GWS over Adelaide...

I'd think twice before I tipped the crows to lose at home against any side.

Bring it on Bookman:thumbsup:

Brissy

pies

Eagles

Freo

Port

Ess

Crows

Gold C

Dog

Hawks

You going for a draw Chooka,eagles and port.

a bet each way as bookman sent a challenge outbiggrin.png Actually strike out the eagles.
no no..go the Eagles

Richmond won by 43 points after Brisbane got to a 5 point lead in the 3rd quarter.

Well that is zero for me so far.

Dream team doing very well 376 from 4 players not bad. Still time to make changes to dreamteam before the next lockout.