Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Just found this forum. Yank living in Jomtien, have some Oz friends, but most into NRL. (one loaned me his Oz slang dictionary. Didn't have "ruck" in it however.. Footy is by far my fave sport (try explaining to Yanks who like NFL stand around sessions...). Makes it difficult to watch other sports because they are so s l o w.....Watching for a few years now. Interesting trying to love a sport without attaching to favorite side. Happy all who got into finals did, especially way Richmond just kept at it and got there. I don't really like Swans, remind me of NY Yankees, and red and white aren't good colors for Buddy's skin tone (haha). Liked better when at Hawthorne. Thinking about little trip to Oz next season (was there in 97). If I figure it right maybe could see 6 games in 2 1/2 weeks? Good on ya all

Eric Banna explaining AFL to yanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V63k9Pfyn1s&feature=player_detailpage

Thanks for the offer Bookman. I must blame laziness for not getting in at the beginning of the season and get on the tipping game. The seasons flown by!!

Just to clarify the situation at hand....

Are we talking about tipping for just the finals now?

Any previous scores for the other guys are not relevant anymore?

Watch Port make a screaming comebackthumbsup.gifdrunk.gif

Thanks for the offer Bookman. I must blame laziness for not getting in at the beginning of the season and get on the tipping game. The seasons flown by!!

Correct.

The main tipping Season is over and Bookman Will27 Chooka Farmerjo won that

Now it is just the Finals tipping

• Like 1

Correct.

The main tipping Season is over and Bookman Will27 Chooka Farmerjo won that

Now it is just the Finals tipping

and tipping the margin adds a little flavour to it.

Congratulations to farmerjoe for his win and also to Will27 2nd and Gazman 3rd.

Would I be right in saying the 3 of them are from Perth. clap2.gif

Thanks also to chooka for being the driving force and the work he put in organizing the re-vamp of the thread. Everyone would have to agree that it has been an outstanding success with 32,096 views and 3211 replies to date. thumbsup.gif

Also thanks are due for ripstanley for organizing the tipping and I am sure most would agree that it was much easier on him as well as ourselves than last year. thumbsup.gif

There were a couple of hiccups with it at times with tips not being recorded but overall it ran quite well.

On a personal note,I left my run to late. Ah well, there is always next year and I will look forward to seeing all participate again next season with hopefully greater numbers getting involved.

and take a bow yourself Ron, a major contributor to the thread. The discussion hasn't finished, there is still finals, the Brownlow and the trade/draft to come.

• Like 1

Ok...I've joined Bookmans link.

Now I'm just confused.

Where do I go, and what do I do?smile.png

Ok you have the homepage for tipping open?

You see tipping on the left hand side of the menu bar? Wave your cursor over the top of that and you will see a 2nd menu that says,

finals

Home and Away

Pick 5 etc.

click on finals and submit your tips and the margin.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Now I'm just confused.

You see tipping on the hand side of the menu bar? Wave your cursor over the top of that and you will see a 2nd menu that says,

Tipping

Home and Away

Pick 5 etc.

These are the instructions from Ripstaney earlier this year:

Our comp is Thailand Mob

Chimpy just ran through the instructions and it is a little convoluted but you should get there

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Now I'm just confused.

You see tipping on the left hand side of the menu bar? Wave your cursor over the top of that and you will see a 2nd menu that says,

finals

Home and Away

Pick 5 etc.

I'm in also
  • Like 1

Thanks also to chooka for being the driving force and the work he put in organizing the re-vamp of the thread. Everyone would have to agree that it has been an outstanding success with 32,096 views and 3211 replies to date. thumbsup.gif

Also thanks are due for ripstanley for organizing the tipping and I am sure most would agree that it was much easier on him as well as ourselves than last year. thumbsup.gif

There were a couple of hiccups with it at times with tips not being recorded but overall it ran quite well.

On a personal note,I left my run to late. Ah well, there is always next year and I will look forward to seeing all participate again next season with hopefully greater numbers getting involved.

thaivisa will love this thread, good for attracting advertisement
  • Like 1

This weeks finals tipping could prove fun... Khun BookMan's 2nd favorite team the Kanga's are playing the other enigma team which will make the tipsters queeze. It's definitely one of those 50/50 boys, so does the old rule still apply - when in doubt tip against? wink.png

Hawks and Cats is the other tough nut to crack, will the Cats stand up to be counted or will the Hawks fly off into September? I'm certainly hoping for the old felines to get up and about.

Port should overrun the Tiges, especially at the Adelaide Oval, the crowd will be capacity with lines all the way back to King William Street. Atmosphere might just pip that of anything played in Melbourne.

Swans should dispense the Dockers back to Fremantle, that being said, ANZ is a shit stadium to play footy on and it's really anyone's game. Hopefully a big crowd will see a sea of Red & White. Shit, just realised a mate from Adelaide is up this weekend and I'll have to find a bar to watch the footy on both for Saturday and Sunday. Just when I had the itinerary planned out.

biggrin.png

No doubt in my mind Norths will win mate.

What the H#..?? Why is Sydney playing at ANZ stadium?? Who made that Turkey decision?

thaivisa will love this thread, good for attracting advertisement

I agree,we have a better demeanour here than many of those that post in some of the general threads.

• Like 1

Bookman, you are the first person I know that has a 2nd favourite teamw00t.gif

How is that possible??

Mate, Over the last 2 years North Melbourne have let me down so often in the Tipping i feel emotionally invested in them tongue.png

Yeah well I always went for Geelong long before Port entered AFL. Still have a soft spot for the Cats.

Was never a Crows fan I might add.

Won't even get me in Mark Ricciutos pub for a beer.

This weeks finals tipping could prove fun... Khun BookMan's 2nd favorite team the Kanga's are playing the other enigma team which will make the tipsters queeze. It's definitely one of those 50/50 boys, so does the old rule still apply - when in doubt tip against? wink.png

Hawks and Cats is the other tough nut to crack, will the Cats stand up to be counted or will the Hawks fly off into September? I'm certainly hoping for the old felines to get up and about.

Port should overrun the Tiges, especially at the Adelaide Oval, the crowd will be capacity with lines all the way back to King William Street. Atmosphere might just pip that of anything played in Melbourne.

Swans should dispense the Dockers back to Fremantle, that being said, ANZ is a shit stadium to play footy on and it's really anyone's game. Hopefully a big crowd will see a sea of Red & White. Shit, just realised a mate from Adelaide is up this weekend and I'll have to find a bar to watch the footy on both for Saturday and Sunday. Just when I had the itinerary planned out.

biggrin.png

No doubt in my mind Norths will win mate.

What the H#..?? Why is Sydney playing at ANZ stadium?? Who made that Turkey decision?

Money talks mate... Been that way for awhile, it only goes to the SCG in the event there's a clash with Rugby or League unfortunately the NRL and the ARU <deleted> it up again this year :P

Though IIRC, this is the last year of that agreement, which encompassed a number of the H&A games being played at ANZ as opposed to the SCG - some BS about blockbuster games or something.

I'll have a dig around the interwebs to see if I can find the agreement details...

Here's an Herald Sun article that explains the nuts and bolts of the agreement.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/anz-stadium-deal-for-sydney-swans-set-to-stay-despite-best-scg-crowds-in-years/story-fni5fan7-1226953617268

2016 is when the current arrangement finishes.

Reading the article looks like 3 home games and all finals at ANZ under the agreement.

I'd prefer to see them at the SCG with home ground advantage. I don't thin ANZ gives them any crowd advantage at all.

• Like 2