Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

I worry about GC now with Ablett, McKenzie and Dixon all going

down on the weekend.

Look at these fitty fitty games this weekend: Ade/Hawks, WB/GC,

Brissie/WCE. Rich/Port and Ess/Collw00t.gif

BTW, I could've taken the easy way out and stuck with the Swans,

but no, I wanted to give you guys behind me a glimmer of hope.

It's just what I do. I'm a man of the peoplebiggrin.png

Here we are for the first game of the week... Adelaide v Hawthorn. Bit of a tipsters pickle this one. Hawthorn coming off a loss to North and Adelaide coming off a HUGE win against easy beats GWS.

Hawks have a decimated back line through injury, but if they show the form they did against Gold Coast two weeks back they should be unbeatable.

This game should split the tipsters.

Saturday is no easier; Western Bulldogs V Gold Coast is a tight game. Gold Coast has Ablett out, a HUGE loss and the Bulldogs have been inconsistent throughout the season, their lack of talls in defence a problem for them.

North Melbourne V St Kilda. North cannot be trusted to win these games, as it has shown. St Kilda could certainly land a knock out here. Be interesting if the Saints fans show faith in their team here.

Brissie V West Coast. Home game for the Lions and would have to be considered a good chance to win this one. Should be close. West Coast's midfield is running around using zimmer frames and should pose little challenge for the lions

Sydney v Carlton. Could we see an upset here? Sydney is looking cocky, pressure of going for a twelfth straight club record equalizing win on their minds. Tippet out injured again, Buddy can expect to be wrestled out of the contest. Could be an upset in the making

Adelaide

Gold Coast - They will put in a little extra for gary. Swallow is the main man in the centre now.

North

West

Sydney

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

I don't know why most tipsters seem to red hot on Collingwood for this one.

Last week Essendon beat Port and Collingwood lost to the GC.

I know Goddard is a big out and the Pies have a few back, but I find this one

real hard to pick.

I tipped Essendon here.

I was surprised Collingwood was such favourites

• Like 2

Well boys, I have let Chimpy loose on the AFL site once more and the selections this week could propel me to the top of the table, or it could well me see me drop below chooka laugh.png

Same here BookMan (not Chimpy though).

I know it's only one game, but it's a crappy feeling losing

the Friday night tip (Like I did last week).

Should be only a bee's dick in it tonight.

The Hawks should come out snarling after last week

and with nearly everybody writing them off.

And if Ade want to play finals, they need to put this one to bed.

As Bruce says "game on".

Khun Will27 and BM, what happened boys?

Thought I was sure you 2 would've gone the Hawks!

I don't feel so bad now tongue.png

Damn I went the crows also

Yeah, I thought the Hawks would have problems in defence... Adelaide just was not able to exploit the weakness..

I blame Chimpy

• Like 1

Khun Will27 and BM, what happened boys?

Thought I was sure you 2 would've gone the Hawks!

I don't feel so bad now tongue.png

Damn I went the crows also

Yeah, I thought the Hawks would have problems in defence... Adelaide just was not able to exploit the weakness..

I blame Chimpy

Dito

lake being rubbed out, hawks injury list. being played in S.A and the crows reputation of making a late charge and making finals I thought I was on a safe bet.

P.S Tell Chimpy to stop eating my cheezels down the back of the couch as I will be back this week

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Yeah I thought the Crows would get up for Bett's 200th, must be a bit different though as he played 150 plus of those with Carlton.

Crows had their chances, just unable to get through. Walker and Pods were up and about in the first half.

Ah well... That's footy..

• Like 2

Yeah I thought the Crows would get up for Bett's 200th, must be a bit different though as he played 150 plus of those with Carlton.

Crows had their chances, just unable to get through. Walker and Pods were up and about in the first half.

I agree, I thought the Hawks were there for the taking.

Can never write them off though.

Has Bruce got a new love child?

He almost came in his daks when calling Gunston.

I mean "you wouldn't swap him for Buddy but he does some Buddy things"rolleyes.gif

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

I agree, I thought the Hawks were there for the taking.

Can never write them off though.

Has Bruce got a new love child?

He almost came in his daks when calling Gunston.

I mean "you wouldn't swap him for Buddy but he does some Buddy things"rolleyes.gif

Adelaide must be spewing that he left them.

I agree with Leigh Matthews the other week. If a young player wants to leave after 2 years due to 'home sickness' he should be put back into the pre season draft and takes his chances

• Like 1

For all of you guys with decent internet, I've heard that on this site

you can download all of the games, including old games and most

of the footy shows.

http://aussierul.es/index.php

Mate, I should add, this one is closed membership of some type, and they aren't taking any more members at the moment sad.png

I can't believe I let the GF organise a get together with friends on a Swans playing night! facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

of the footy shows.

Mate, I should add, this one is closed membership of some type, and they aren't taking any more members at the moment sad.png

I can't believe I let the GF organise a get together with friends on a Swans playing night! facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Yes I feel your pain, have a wedding to attend tonight as well, should be able to catch the first half.. Hopefully... The rest I'll tune into the TripleM boys...

• Like 1

of the footy shows.

Yes I feel your pain, have a wedding to attend tonight as well, should be able to catch the first half.. Hopefully... The rest I'll tune into the TripleM boys...

Yeah i might try the radio thing...but a bit hard at the dinner table laugh.png

• Like 1

Towers most likely will most likely be the sub.

Looks that way, but given Sydney's interchange bench featuring a host of kids, it's anyone's guess who's going to wear the Green Vest wink.png

B. Jack, Lloyd and Rohan making up the bench along with Towers.

Wouldn't think there was any chance of Lloyd wearing the vest.

In my view, If Rohan was the sub, I don't know why he would be picked. He has struggled since his return and he needs a solid game

B. Jack gets the green vest duties this week, Towers will start on the bench.

• Like 1

Good win for the Swans. Leading by 7 points at halftime the ended up winning by 71. 10 goals in the 3rd quarter. Buddy came alive with 5 goals in this quarter. Sam Reid had a very good game. His hands were very good.

Note

MMBB is now referred to as Buddy. My opinion of him has been totally changed,

Total clinical annihilation by the Swans in the 2nd half, thought at half time the Blues were a chance.

Record equalling 12 on the trot and also maintained Plugger's record in the same week...

My local Somchai is saying there's a very good chance...

• Like 1

Now let's be fair khun BM, we all let a tip through the gate every now and then.. I've slipped this week (as expected) but still very much in the race... Only 3 points seperating 1 through 7, Khun Will27 is definitely feeling the heat now that farmerjo (well played sir) has joined him atop of the table, hopefully Khun Will27 doesn't do a Port Adelaide ;)

Either way, I'll be more than happy to sacrifice a tip for the good of the boys winning the flag, I'll also sacrifice a further tip for the boys to win the flag and the minor premiership.

Onwards to victory and all that boys!

• Like 1

Here's the highlight reel boys.. enjoy...

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-07-12/swans-scintillating-third-term

I've gotta add that the boys have played some bloody good games of footy over the years, but this was <deleted> clinical! Sttrong hands dukes out, strong marks. Butterfingers has clearly had the Superglue added at half time, that goal from the corner pocket on the 50m arc!

Poetry in montion!

BT was surely had to change his pants at 3/4 time over Butterfingers...

Pretty to watch!

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

I've gotta add that the boys have played some bloody good games of footy over the years, but this was <deleted> clinical! Sttrong hands dukes out, strong marks. Butterfingers has clearly had the Superglue added at half time, that goal from the corner pocket on the 50m arc!

Poetry in montion!

Pretty to watch!

Some lovely play that I saw in the highlights package. If Butterfingers can give us another half dozen games like that I'll have to start calling him StickyMitts!

• Like 1

Now let's be fair khun BM, we all let a tip through the gate every now and then.. I've slipped this week (as expected) but still very much in the race... Only 3 points seperating 1 through 7, Khun Will27 is definitely feeling the heat now that farmerjo (well played sir) has joined him atop of the table, hopefully Khun Will27 doesn't do a Port Adelaide wink.png

Either way, I'll be more than happy to sacrifice a tip for the good of the boys winning the flag, I'll also sacrifice a further tip for the boys to win the flag and the minor premiership.

For myself I was spewing.

But what about farmerjo? He is out of control the last 3 weeks. 8, 8 and maybe 9 this week w00t.gif

I expect a comeback from KhunWill next week

• Like 1

AFL commentator apologises for anti-gay slur

Channel Seven AFL commentator Brian Taylor is likely to keep his job despite calling Geelong player Harry Taylor a "big poofter" live on air.

Taylor made the remarks last night during coverage of the Sydney v Carlton game after file footage was shown of the Geelong defender celebrating his 150th game last week.

"I don’t know whether you guys down there can hear me or not. I am up here getting ready for the game and I’ve just seen that crap from Harry — he’s a big poofter," Taylor said.

Channel Seven AFL commentator Brian Taylor is likely to keep his job despite calling Geelong player Harry Taylor a "big poofter" live on air.
Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/07/13/08/22/afl-commentator-apologises-for-anti-gay-slur#eubqRLOOgbSd6JFD.99
Edited by chooka

AFL commentator apologises for anti-gay slur

Taylor made the remarks last night during coverage of the Sydney v Carlton game after file footage was shown of the Geelong defender celebrating his 150th game last week.

"I don’t know whether you guys down there can hear me or not. I am up here getting ready for the game and I’ve just seen that crap from Harry — he’s a big poofter," Taylor said.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/07/13/08/22/afl-commentator-apologises-for-anti-gay-slur#eubqRLOOgbSd6JFD.99

Off to the PC Gulag Training Centre with you Brian!

• Like 2

Now let's be fair khun BM, we all let a tip through the gate every now and then.. I've slipped this week (as expected) but still very much in the race... Only 3 points seperating 1 through 7, Khun Will27 is definitely feeling the heat now that farmerjo (well played sir) has joined him atop of the table, hopefully Khun Will27 doesn't do a Port Adelaide wink.png

But what about farmerjo? He is out of control the last 3 weeks. 8, 8 and maybe 9 this week w00t.gif

I'm having a shocking couple of weeks and sliding fast.

• Like 1

You or St Kildatongue.png

Yep, having a shocker.

Unhappy over the WB/GC game as well.

Read Griffen was a late withdrawal and changed my tip!

Farmerjo is coming home with a wet sail....well done.

The bragging rights were nice while they lastedbiggrin.png

Edited by Will27

Poetry in montion!

Pretty to watch!

Some lovely play that I saw in the highlights package. If Butterfingers can give us another half dozen games like that I'll have to start calling him StickyMitts!

Crikey fella's. A mate from WA phoned me to give me an update on the WC game.

As we were talking, he asked me how buddy was going. I said " a bit quiet but then

he's just kicked 2 quick goals".

By the time I had gotten of the phone, he was lining up for his sixth at the start of the

last quarterw00t.gif

• Like 1

You or St Kildatongue.png

Me. The saints can't slide.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2