Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Malthouse doing what Malhouse does.

Carlton coach Mick Malthouse involved in heated exchange with Channel 7 commentator Cameron Ling

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-coach-mick-malthouse-involved-in-heated-exchange-with-channel-7-commentator-cameron-ling/story-fniv64qq-1226988640806

Hahaha nice work Lingy! As Brian Taylor constantly reminded us last week, getting more and more like a senior coach each week.

Carlton coach Mick Malthouse involved in heated exchange with Channel 7 commentator Cameron Ling

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-coach-mick-malthouse-involved-in-heated-exchange-with-channel-7-commentator-cameron-ling/story-fniv64qq-1226988640806

Hahaha nice work Lingy! As Brian Taylor constantly reminded us last week, getting more and more like a senior coach each week.

It is difficult to like Malthouse on so many levels.

However, I would not like to be a coach with the constant camera on you in the box

Current Coleman medal Standings

Player Games Club Goals

Jay Schulz 16 Port Adelaide 50

Lance Franklin 15 Sydney 47

Tom Hawkins 16 Geelong 46

Jack Riewoldt 16 Richmond 44

Luke Breust 16 Hawthorn 42

Jarryd Roughead 15 Hawthorn 40

Jack Gunston 15 Hawthorn 40

Hayden Ballantyne 15 Fremantle 38

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

You heard it first here on ThaiVisa a few days ago. My inside man at St Kilda was right again.

St Kilda champion Hayes announces his retirement.

ST KILDA champion Lenny Hayes will retire at season's end.

Hayes told his teammates on Tuesday morning about his intentions to call it quits, and admitted he cried when doing so.

The Saints star midfielder announced he would finish up at the end of this year at a press conference at the Linen House Centre, the club's training base, on Tuesday morning.
"I just feel that I'm on the edge of the cliff, in terms of my body and things like that and I just feel that the time's right," Hayes said.
"As a player it's always hard to say those words. But I feel really comfortable with it (the decision)."
Having signed a one-year contract extension at the end of last year, Hayes said he had been weighing up his playing future for some time.

• Like 2

You heard it first here on ThaiVisa a few days ago. My inside man at St Kilda was right again.

Hayes told his teammates on Tuesday morning about his intentions to call it quits, and admitted he cried when doing so.

The Saints star midfielder announced he would finish up at the end of this year at a press conference at the Linen House Centre, the club's training base, on Tuesday morning.
"I just feel that I'm on the edge of the cliff, in terms of my body and things like that and I just feel that the time's right," Hayes said.
"As a player it's always hard to say those words. But I feel really comfortable with it (the decision)."
Having signed a one-year contract extension at the end of last year, Hayes said he had been weighing up his playing future for some time.

Think theres a fair few saints on the edge of the cliff old chooka my man...

Whats the latest gossip on the coach merry go round down there from your ever reliable source?

However, I would not like to be a coach with the constant camera on you in the box

Ahhhhh i had the displeasure of standing next to Malthouse at a Brighton pub bistro about 6 years back, i came to buy a drink and he had come to pay for his dinner, i recognized him right away of course but im the type who ignore celebrities due to the big head syndrome many have, well i dont know what was going through his mind but he looked me up and down and took his time about it....hmmmm id hate to be a player under him....

• Like 1

Whats the latest gossip on the coach merry go round down there from your ever reliable source?

The coach is safe at the moment but there is a rumour that the Gold Coast has approached Nick Reiwolts management offering him a 2 yr deal.

Patrick Dangerfield @dangerfield32

Congratulations to @Len_hayes on a brilliant career with the saints. absolute champion on and off the field. #topbloke #legend

• Like 2

Ahhhhh i had the displeasure of standing next to Malthouse at a Brighton pub bistro about 6 years back, i came to buy a drink and he had come to pay for his dinner, i recognized him right away of course but im the type who ignore celebrities due to the big head syndrome many have, well i dont know what was going through his mind but he looked me up and down and took his time about it....hmmmm id hate to be a player under him....

He was probably thinking is that a Melbourne supporter I smellbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Was Collingwood in the market for players back then? He might have been sizing up your worth as an extra defensive player tongue.png

I can imagine the type of look Malthouse would give. His players don't look very happy this year, confidence probably eroded by malthouse bullying

Edited by BookMan

You're working beautifully chookathumbsup.gif

• Like 1

He's just a walking contradiction, when his daughter first came on the scene - with Fox Footy or Channel 10 - wasn't he overly protective of her? Could be wrong but I'm fairly sure there was something about it at the time...

Here's Mick's version...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-14/no-issue-with-ling-mick

The trouble with Mick's version is, why would a guy like Cameron Ling have a go

if it wasn't directed at him?

It's like when he first came out and said he didn't call Milne a rapist.

Back-tracked pretty quickly when the St's players said they heard him say it.

I wonder if Carlton regret signing him now. Maybe he's gone on too long like Pagan

and Blighty.

He left hardly any friends at West Coast. Let's just say he won't be invited to

Woosha's birthday partywhistling.gif

Also left Collingwood on acrimonious terms. When Eddie offered an olive branch to Mick,

Mick said "Eddie and I won't be breaking any bread soon". In my estimation, he probably

earn't around 7 million dollars at Collingwood. And was still asked to stay on as Director of

coaching on huge money.

I'd love to see a biography on the man. One not written by his daughter thoughrolleyes.gif

So you just have to wonder about the man.

• Like 2

Lenny Hayes was a player the Swans let get away. In the very same draft was Mark McVeigh. Both were Sydney players, both playing for Pennant Hills in the local Sydney Aussie Rules comp and for NSW/ACT in the TAC Cup. Pennant Hills would be the same local club Mark McVeighs brother Jarrad and also Kieran Jack would both play for.

Sydney would later pick Mark’s brother Jarrad McVeigh at pick #5 in the 2002 draft

In the 1998 draft Sydney had 3 of the top 8 draft picks. Sydney chose Ryan Fitzgerald #4, Nic Fosdike #3 and Jude Bolton #8.

Mark McVeigh would go at #8 and Lenny #11.

Jude Bolton would go on to play 325 games for Sydney

Nic Fosdike would go on to play 164 games for Sydney

Ryan Fitzgerald played 10 games for Sydney and would be traded to Adelaide after 2 years

Mark Mcveigh would go on to pay 232 Games for Essendon

Lenny Would go on to play 277 games for St Kilda

From purely a marketing perspective McVeigh and Lenny were 2 local Sydney players the Swans could have built on.

• Like 1

So gang

Only 4 games this week.

Most seem to be relatively easy although after

last week I'm not taking anything for granted.

WCE versus Richmond seems to be the only one

that could go either way.

BookMan, surely North couldn't do it again to us could theyfacepalm.gif

• Like 1

So gang

Only 4 games this week.

Most seem to be relatively easy although after

last week I'm not taking anything for granted.

WCE versus Richmond seems to be the only one

that could go either way.

BookMan, surely North couldn't do it again to us could theyfacepalm.gif

Jeez mate. you have skipped a week! 5 games this week, and WCE v Richmond the week after.

North V Cartlon is a nasty game to pick. Carlton were trounced by Sydney but they did play hard, just outplayed in too many areas.

North ....well, what can you say?

That game is almost 50/50 for me

Woah!

Sorry gents.

Five games. All pretty easy........I thinkrolleyes.gif

Edited by Will27

Lenny Hayes was a player the Swans let get away. In the very same draft was Mark McVeigh. Both were Sydney players, both playing for Pennant Hills in the local Sydney Aussie Rules comp and for NSW/ACT in the TAC Cup. Pennant Hills would be the same local club Mark McVeighs brother Jarrad and also Kieran Jack would both play for.

Sydney would later pick Mark’s brother Jarrad McVeigh at pick #5 in the 2002 draft

In the 1998 draft Sydney had 3 of the top 8 draft picks. Sydney chose Ryan Fitzgerald #4, Nic Fosdike #3 and Jude Bolton #8.

Mark McVeigh would go at #8 and Lenny #11.

Jude Bolton would go on to play 325 games for Sydney

Nic Fosdike would go on to play 164 games for Sydney

Ryan Fitzgerald played 10 games for Sydney and would be traded to Adelaide after 2 years

Mark Mcveigh would go on to pay 232 Games for Essendon

Lenny Would go on to play 277 games for St Kilda

From purely a marketing perspective McVeigh and Lenny were 2 local Sydney players the Swans could have built on.

Looks like the AFL is following this thread again...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-15/hayes-almost-a-swan

• Like 1

The coach is safe at the moment but there is a rumour that the Gold Coast has approached Nick Reiwolts management offering him a 2 yr deal.

Patrick Dangerfield @dangerfield32

Congratulations to @Len_hayes on a brilliant career with the saints. absolute champion on and off the field. #topbloke #legend

YOUR GOT TO BE KIDDING...the guy has seen better days even if hes still one of the Saints better players...

Is Frawley going to Saintland?

Ask your reliable source tongue.png

Was Collingwood in the market for players back then? He might have been sizing up your worth as an extra defensive player tongue.png

I can imagine the type of look Malthouse would give. His players don't look very happy this year, confidence probably eroded by malthouse bullying

Think im to small for a defensive back...so no that wasnt it....and i dont know why everyone thinks Malthouse is a great coach, he came to the Dogs at the right time, just forget now who he took over from but they were a fair side looking up after decades on the bottom, and the same goes for The Eagles, they had a bunch of class young guns ready to fire, as for Collingwood they were in decline but not out of it by a long shot yet it took him a very long time to get that Cup, yeah sure he is an experienced and has obvious talent but i dout Carlton can wait 10 years to build a new team to win a premiership.

To outsiders of this forum, it may appear that I'm guilty of Malthouse bashing.

Well, I am biggrin.png

Watched Talking Footy last night and the panel, especially Luke Darcy really gave it to him.

Not that I'm a fan of Darcy, but I've warmed to him a little bit nowtongue.png

Blues must curb Mick’s cranky ways

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/mick-malthouse-needs-to-change-his-attitude-following-heated-exchange-with-coaching-aspirant-cameron-ling/story-fnhq5wdm-1226990142547

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Collingwood set to make an important announcement in 5...4...3....2...

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-07-16/live-stream-important-club-announcement

McEverywhere being given the sack?

One can only live in hope tongue.png

Blah blah Maxwell retiring...

An Australian sports reporter has endured one of the most embarrassing moments of his life after failing to recognise NBA champions Patty Mills and Aron Bynes.

Julian de Stoop was in the middle of a live cross in Melbourne, reporting on AFL issues, when the San Antonio Spurs videobombed him with the coveted Larry O’Brien trophy.

"I thought they were a couple of Collingwood nuffies,” he said.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8875575

• Like 2

An Australian sports reporter has endured one of the most embarrassing moments of his life after failing to recognise NBA champions Patty Mills and Aron Bynes.

Julian de Stoop was in the middle of a live cross in Melbourne, reporting on AFL issues, when the San Antonio Spurs videobombed him with the coveted Larry O’Brien trophy.

"I thought they were a couple of Collingwood nuffies,” he said.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8875575

Funny stuff