PM Yingluck seeks House dissolution

webfact

PTP wins because of demographics controlling the largest regional block. Vote buying exists on both sides but it did not swing the election. It is just an excuse to demean a whole cross section of voters and that is why they cannot get their votes... their not that stupid to know what is being said about them.

Average IQ in Isan is 87. And yes there is massive vote buying that goes on. Just ask your Thai girlfriend about what happens

during elections back in her village.

Average IQ @ 87? Hmmm. Quite comparable to the voting public in most western countries.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PTP wins because of demographics controlling the largest regional block. Vote buying exists on both sides but it did not swing the election. It is just an excuse to demean a whole cross section of voters and that is why they cannot get their votes... their not that stupid to know what is being said about them.

Average IQ in Isan is 87. And yes there is massive vote buying that goes on. Just ask your Thai girlfriend about what happens

Average IQ @ 87? Hmmm. Quite comparable to the voting public in most western countries.

Only in Mexico where it's 85.

If that fails then I predict an unelected unity government for a short term while political reform is codified and sent to the people via referendum.

A referendum like the last one under the Junta/Dems? The one that gave half the senate to non-elected members, was put through while the opposition was disolved, politicians banned from expressing an opinion all while running a huge campaign that hijacked His Beloved Majesty name? sorry not the solution.

"under the Junta/Dems"

Sorry, but what did the Democrat Party have to do with it, that was the military-appointed junta-government, pure & simple ?

No way...do some research. Developed western countries equal in knowledge only to developing/3rd world farmers?! Wonder what yours; but then again, maybe I don't want to know.

Edited by gemini81

My advice to the protesters is to keep marching...

Marching right in desaster and anarchy which will end with right-wing / yellowshirt dictatorship. Suthep refuses elections, so he is not a democrat. While other countries in SE Asia march forward, Thailand goes backwards.

"Thaksin Shinawatra has no qualms about stating the obvious, but one part of his latest interview may have taken the cake. "I can't spell 'lose'," he told a Thai-language newspaper."

I wonder if he can spell it now?

Terrible decision bowing down to the despicable protesters, her government still has 2 years of their term in power. As to the reply made reference working for her brother rather than the people of Thailand, what absolute nonsense, how do you know ?

Average IQs, farangs all have Isaan village born girlfriends....rolleyes.gif

A perfect illustration how a fringe of the yellow shirts play in the hands of Thaksin. All I am getting in my facebook feed from my many yellow leaning friends are memes of taxi drivers, dark skinned red shirts vs angelique yellow supporters. Condescendence and antagonizing a large part of the electorate ensures Thaksin will win in those demographic groups time and time again.

What does this mean?

End of protests?

No, there is no way in hell that the yellow shirts can win an election, they Are far outnumbered by the north and northeast. they had to wait fot taksin to go on vacation before they overthrew him! as soon as the red shirts win the next election this crap will start all over again.

you may not like the government in power but they were freely elected and you have to live with it. somthing like theU.S.

What does this mean?

End of protests?

No, there is no way in hell that the yellow shirts can win an election, they Are far outnumbered by the north and northeast. they had to wait fot taksin to go on vacation before they overthrew him! as soon as the red shirts win the next election this crap will start all over again.

you may not like the government in power but they were freely elected and you have to live with it. somthing like theU.S.

I guess you know this as a fact because you have personally polled everyone in Thailand

Terrible decision bowing down to the despicable protesters, her government still has 2 years of their term in power. As to the reply made reference working for her brother rather than the people of Thailand, what absolute nonsense, how do you know ?

Jeez, it so obvious she works on the BACK of farmers and the poor. Its soooooo obvious, c'mon! In addition buying votes and using people, keeping them poor, giving them loans to bankrupt them. Seriously, you must have just arrived here.

Hope she doesn't bow down, but is dragged out by her hair. Time to get on with the french style revolution, and enjoy a world that would be better off without this cesspool of Shinawatra scum polluting, damaging and draining the country. That is justified karma for the way they've destroyed everything; war on drugs, corruption, war in the south...on it goes.

• Like 2

Just to point out that they had only 19 months, not 2 years, still to go.

And there's plenty of evidence to show that Thaksin has been running PTP, no need to repeat it here, yet again.

• Like 1

IQ in the countries, Thailand mostly at 91 in the stats.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html

http://www.nairaland.com/931193/average-iq-countries-africans-rank

That is an interesting one, lol, IQ, in comparison to Penis size, 17.9 - 9,66 Thailand 10,16 Ha, ha.

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=4923

Interesting, katze.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Actually Thaksin's political party is due for another 'Dr. Who moment' of regeneration so instead of a reworking of all those initials (TRT/PPP/PTT) why not just call it the 'T Party' this time?

smile.png

Quite catchy really!

TFT?

Well you know me so well. I have NO thai girlfriend right now. But this is exactly the type of demeaning attitude that prevents the Democrats from EVER getting a foothold up there.... why would people vote for those that look down on them. Talkabout low IQ!

Also, personally I hate ALL politicians generally speaking -- sort of equivalent to those tea party people in the US. Very Libertarian wing of the conservative movement.

I agree with your statement about politicians.

But.... the "Tea Party" are NOT libertarian. Not very, not a little. Libertarians are not part of any "conservative movement" either. I think you do not understand what Libertarians are.

Well done Khun Yingluck and by doing so it would also appear that she may have inadvertently saved what remains of the once powerful Democrat Party from complete extinction.... albeit without Abbi and Thuggis blackshirts hopefully......

(havnt they been "collered"... yet?)

Maybe even time to consider a new Thai federational form of government.....who knows...

Que serra ..serra....eh

heres your chance then ..the first protesters in bangkok were/and are the dharma army a buddhist group nothing to do with the dems who like suphap jumped onboard very late in the day,because they never had the &lt;deleted&gt; to go it alone by themselves....the very same people that (FACT) have been <snip>

Excuse my ignorance, but is this group a political party that will/has run for office in elections ?

They sound like the sort of political movement that would be a credible alternative to the 2 majors.

Can you give me one example where religion and politics have mixed to the benefit of the nation?

I fully support freedom of religion as long as it includes freedom from it.

What can one say? Well done Suthep and friends for keeping Taksin in his chosen place of exile. No doubt that it was Suthep and Co who reversed the phoney amnesty.

Now there will be elections and the Thaksin Party will win again, though this time by a lot less seats.

What they, and thus Taksin will know is that they dare not try to bring the convicted criminal back to prey once again on the Thai people - or Suthep will have another successful demo.

The winner of this demo is not the Democrat Party - it is Justice.

The big loser is Taksin Shinawatra.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

does that mean that all cards are off the table, no return of the amnesty bill etc?

Yes if they dissolve the parliament the amnesty bikk is dead.

Or they could slip it through and then dissolve immediately after...

Interestingly;

a supreme court justice was just put on the election commission.

All the 1st string TRT banned Pols were allowed into politics 2 years or so back,

and 2nd string PPP banned Pols have now been allowed back including former PM

lapdog Somchai. And the ever alluring Yowawapa his wife If memory serves.

So there is a full boatload of heavy hits for PTP to front up as PM,

and all the controllers of back woods voting booths are in play.

What is not clear is:

How PISSED OFF are the rice farmers at getting screwed for their rice pledging crop?

How pissed of an distrustful are average redshirts not close to leadership?

How much dissatisfaction with Amnesty and political crap has been filtered back

via family members in Bangkok, to family members in Issan?

What happens if the protests remove the Yingluck caretaker government

and prevent them taking control of the election?

Was that 2.2 trillian baht loan they did NOT [pull off going to be a critical factor in buy the next election,

or was the skim from the Mega Projects for Flood systems enough.

And how much memory of the big floods, FARC, and the general BS around that sticking in memory

now that they have a chance to see what has NOT been done for them by this crew,

when they were handed the keys to the liquor cabinet... but only got themselves drunk?

At the time of the coup Thaksin was in New york to address the UN as PM of Thailand; a position he no longer held having resigned as caretaker PM. If nothing else, the coup made that fact quite clear to the UN and the world.