PM Yingluck seeks House dissolution

webfact

Therefore, a national election will be held accordingly, she said. Speaking at special broadcast at 9.42am, Yingluck said her government has tried its best to settle the conflicts her government had created in it's single minded crusade to white wash her brother. and to talk to anti-government protesters who demanded what she described as not allowed by the laws and the constitution.

She then went on to explain that the PTPredshirts were the only ones allowed to ignore the constitution when it didn't suit their purpose.

• Like 1

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Therefore, a national election will be held accordingly, she said. Speaking at special broadcast at 9.42am, Yingluck said her government has tried its best to settle the conflicts her government had created in it's single minded crusade to white wash her brother. and to talk to anti-government protesters who demanded what she described as not allowed by the laws and the constitution.

She then went on to explain that the PTPredshirts were the only ones allowed to ignore the constitution when it didn't suit their purpose.

What is the source of this article? Or did you make that up?

Good decision but I see the Hitlerian still persists in wanting "an unelected "People's Council"" with him at the top - ie a dictator..... silliest thing that could happen.

Didn't k .Suthep already say that he wouldn't be the next PM, leader, top man, 'primus inter pares' ?

2 things:

1 an unelected people's council sounds pretty scary too.

2 the reds will win new elections again and so the drama continues

For your information, the 'reds' don't have a political party. As such the 'reds' do not and cannot win an election.

Furthermore with the UDD (aka the 'reds') really focussed on getting justice done and guilty punished for the total of 92 deaths March - May 2010 (all included) they may be somewhat ambivalent regarding the 'blanket amnesty bill' 'their' government was trying to push through very rapidly.

And the band played on...

Very apt indeed:

"For no more I'll go waltzing Matilda

All around the green bush far and near

For to hump tent and pegs, a man needs two legs

No more waltzing Matilda for me"

Brass tax, you have the PTP filled with nimcompoops who does not know how establish a feasible educational system, throws out money into the air. Don´t worry, cheap tablets from China gonna remedy that situation

Then you have the Democracts, who loves to talk the talk but not walk the walk,a bunch of uncultured yahoos, spending their time and money on framing the root of all evil in Thailand, Thaksin, instead of building platforms for the future. Fact is, they have no plan and no idea how to build a country either.

This is more and more looking like an ugly custody case between a drug addicted teen mother and abusive and alcoholic father. Thailand doesn´t need elections or reforms... it needs therapy.

Edited by maxme

Yingluck seeks House dissolution

This won't be her decision, as we all know,... whistling.gif whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Unlike yourself..... for those of us who do not 'have the Prime Ministers ear' or form part of some 'Illuminati inner Sanctum', this announcement makes obvious sense.

To have continued with things as they were would invite further unrest and possible loss of life....something neither the government or the opposition really wanted.

To have given way to a ' people's committee', would have been undemocratic, not least of all since it would have no electoral mandate.

Given these facts, Yingluk made the only decision possible and without requiring the help or advice of her brother

You are entitled to that view, but I am willing to offer odds of 10:1 that she got his advice whether she wanted it or not.

...well, isn't that typical in any family. I remember people telling me not to come to Thailand, but I did anyway ! I don't see the value of the point you're trying to make.

This won't be her decision, as we all know,... whistling.gif whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Unlike yourself..... for those of us who do not 'have the Prime Ministers ear' or form part of some 'Illuminati inner Sanctum', this announcement makes obvious sense.

To have continued with things as they were would invite further unrest and possible loss of life....something neither the government or the opposition really wanted.

To have given way to a ' people's committee', would have been undemocratic, not least of all since it would have no electoral mandate.

Given these facts, Yingluk made the only decision possible and without requiring the help or advice of her brother

You are entitled to that view, but I am willing to offer odds of 10:1 that she got his advice whether she wanted it or not.

...well, isn't that typical in any family. I remember people telling me not to come to Thailand, but I did anyway ! You're at liberty to hypothesise though, if it makes you feel any better.

Hope she doesn't bow down, but is dragged out by her hair. Time to get on with the french style revolution, and enjoy a world that would be better off without this cesspool of Shinawatra scum polluting, damaging and draining the country. That is justified karma for the way they've destroyed everything; war on drugs, corruption, war in the south...on it goes.

The French revolution was led by poor farmers and women coming from the provinces, tired of Parisian "elites" rule. Sorry to break to you, but if you yellow shirts want a french style revolution you are winning the wrong hearts.

I was referring to the method; as in the guillotine. Thanks for the synopsis of common knowledge; but I was stressing karma, not trying to impress people online in a forum.

Today's mob consisted of all levels of society...dirt poor familes of 4 on a motorbike all the way to business owners, and those who turned jaded as former red shirt supporters.Take a look at it with your own eyes in person, if in Bangkok. The anti gov't group of today as those who have awoken, not some french partisan group nor rich elite. Even the poorest, by far and large, have internet, maybe even some common sense to see a pattern of getting shafted. And those in destitute poverty are tired of it and wanna fight back. It knows no bounds, unlike yesteryear when only taxpayers supported former yellow shirts.

Now there is no yellow shirt group; only anit-gov't-so I'll bring an expert historian up to date if you can offer some Thaksinomics graft to me under the table maybe. You're welcome. Tips accepted: in tribute to money; the god of the souless red shirt serf.

Edited by gemini81

"Thaksin thinks, Phuea Thai acts". You have forgotten their campaign slogan?

Thanks in has made it abundantly clear that he's the Big Man in charge. You must be living in fairyland to believe otherwise.

Nice try but 'The Captain is only in control of the ship...when he's standing on the bridge'.

Why your expectations of this government should be so much higher than those of any previous government of Thailand, are beyond me.

Until there is a fundamental change in the virtue and honesty of the electorate and politicians, it really makes very little difference to the outcome of governance by any incumbent political party.

• Like 2

Thanks in has made it abundantly clear that he's the Big Man in charge. You must be living in fairyland to believe otherwise.

Nice try but 'The Captain is only in control of the ship...when he's standing on the bridge'.

Why your expectations of this government should be so much higher than those of any previous government of Thailand, are beyond me.

Until there is a fundamental change in the virtue and honesty of the electorate and politicians, it really makes very little difference to the outcome of governance by any incumbent political party.

Hopefully drawing up a new constitution if it materializes and is approved by royalty. Nothing couldbe worse than the current admin, ruining everything they touch, and truly the most incompetent puppet PM in history.

This won't be her decision, as we all know,... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Exactly! The entire system and society is sick to the core. A culture of sickness.

Sigh..........New elections are held, Thaksin clone number 4 wins due to vote buying, and the whole vicious cycle starts

all over again. If Yingluck is offering to step down, I am sure that Thaksin has decided he can win the next election.

Otherwise he would not have instructed Yingluck to do this move. Thailand is not ready for democracy, so am

not really sure what the alternatives are.

Well there is always big sister she has been keeping a pretty low profile.

Much as it disgusts me the idea of a Shinawatra in the PM job she would not be pushed around by big brother.

A step up for Thailand but not as big as they could have without her.

Brass tax, you have the PTP filled with nimcompoops who does not know how establish a feasible educational system, throws out money into the air. Don´t worry, cheap tablets from China gonna remedy that situation

Then you have the Democracts, who loves to talk the talk but not walk the walk,a bunch of uncultured yahoos, spending their time and money on framing the root of all evil in Thailand, Thaksin, instead of building platforms for the future. Fact is, they have no plan and no idea how to build a country either.

This is more and more looking like an ugly custody case between a drug addicted teen mother and abusive and alcoholic father. Thailand doesn´t need elections or reforms... it needs therapy.

I might be wrong but I believe the Democrats had a full time job stopping Thailand from becoming a dictatorship. Or do you just think it happened all by itself. Hard as they fought the PTP still managed to increase the corruption in Thailand.

Here is my references. You will noticed that they dropped 2 points on the scale used to measure the corruption and 14 places down on the list of most corrupt countries.

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2013/results/

I might be wrong but I believe the Democrats had a full time job stopping Thailand from becoming a dictatorship. Or do you just think it happened all by itself. Hard as they fought the PTP still managed to increase the corruption in Thailand.

Here is my references. You will noticed that they dropped 2 points on the scale used to measure the corruption and 14 places down on the list of most corrupt countries.

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2013/results/

Hmm yes and Thaksin had a similar tactic when he was in charge. PT is an amusing party where they come up with ideas all the time, ideas which when they implement, won´t work. Democrats work the other way around, they don´t come up with no ideas therefore they can´t be guilty of failing on their promises.

The Democrat party is well known for being equally if not one of most corrupted parties in Thailand. Though much of the corruption is in the open, alot of it is hidden so to me the statistics are useless as the common Thai turns a blind eye to it on a daily basis.

The two problems with Thailand is its culture and its educational system. There is a reason that Thais are not allowed so easily into other countries even in SEA. The fact is that you can´t change the educational system until you have reformed the culture here.

• Like 1

Pheu Thai were running the country as an absolute autocracy. Thaksin people are simply not able to run a democratic Government.

The corruption is absolute and thorough. Rice, Floods, Infrasructure, bribery on a National scale and changing laws and constitution for the benefit of one person, its Thaksin.

The problem will go away slowly when we are rid of Thaksin, and only then, and not before then

Edited by peterquixote

Its pretty simple really , Its a Democracy . You cant just continue to have constant elections because its 50/50 ..

Thats REALLY simple and Basic .

This Alternative Interim Idea , is just about as Stupid as an idea that has ever been put forward , It would put Thailand back 30 Years in

International terms , It would create Massive Conflict ( yet again ) and more Individuals would be Killed , maybe even the Odd bystander .

Now its become a " Save Face " issue yet again . Now let the Government Run in Caretaker Mode till February , have Another Election ..

Yingluk will likely win then ..Guess What ? ACCEPT THE DECISION OF THE PEOPLE .

Not a perfect System Democracy , But far better than the other alternatives that I have seen around the World . This situation cannot simply

go on and on and on and on and on ..It doesn't help Thailand , or its people .

The above is easily said , harder in reality , but when the people have spoken that must be it .