How do I find cheap thai skilled labour in thailand?

tomta20012

Cheap labor? Realizing of course, in general, you get what you pay for.

It should be obvious to any westerner that the more you pay the worse you get. Prime example is the public health care system in the west. AND no its not free, you are paying through the teeth for it. In fact the bill is so large your children will be still paying off the those bills. Through either inflation, direct taxation, pension account confiscation or even negitive interest rates. Who knows how they will do it.

Recent examples include greece, poland and russia and america among many many others.

Currently all countries are subsidising their govt monopoly run enterprises with inflation. So don't for a second think that it wont happen in your perfect country.

If you think public health care is the best in the world, well im sure you love waiting months for an operation, eating their dead, acidic food filled with sugar while laying in your hospital bed trying to recover. Plus the service there is unbelieveably bad. You are not a customer to them, you are just another slab of meat ready to be pricessed.

Instead of "You get what you pay for?" how about, he will get what he is worth! He earns me money ill make him rich. He dosn't perform ill fire him. A business person has to take risks.

I agree with Sealbash... cheap isn't skilled and skilled isn't cheap. whoever you get give them a trial period and see how they go. if you promise more benefit after the trial then make sure you deliver.

if you're only offering temp work then you're going to struggle finding anyone skilled. maybe try "outsourcing" the work you need...

• Like 1

OP, I am afraid you in over your head.

It is hard to find any staff , let alone cheap and temp.

The ones who read websites are not going to be cheap and the ones who know where look also will not be cheap .

Word of mouth is about as lucky as you going to get and even then it would not be cheap.

Just look at all the factories, they pay 12k + and always short staffed

• Like 1

I always hire people working for us here on a 50/50 base, they use our land, work on it and bring the crops to the market and we share the profit, sometimes I give them more, and that make them work very good.

Give them responsabilty for it and make friends same time.

• Like 1

Been looking for a cook in Isaan for 18 months.They do not grow on trees unfortunately.

Local Technical Training centre never heard of Training Cooks.

• Secondary schools have no Home Economics Courses in curriculum, who needs cooks???
  • Rather basic but not in Thailand Phwe!

Been looking for a cook in Isaan for 18 months.They do not grow on trees unfortunately.

Local Technical Training centre never heard of Training Cooks.

• Secondary schools have no Home Economics Courses in curriculum, who needs cooks???
  • Rather basic but not in Thailand Phwe!

It should be obvious to any westerner that the more you pay the worse you get. Prime example is the public health care system in the west. AND no its not free, you are paying through the teeth for it. In fact the bill is so large your children will be still paying off the those bills. Through either inflation, direct taxation, pension account confiscation or even negitive interest rates. Who knows how they will do it.

Recent examples include greece, poland and russia and america among many many others.

Currently all countries are subsidising their govt monopoly run enterprises with inflation. So don't for a second think that it wont happen in your perfect country.

If you think public health care is the best in the world, well im sure you love waiting months for an operation, eating their dead, acidic food filled with sugar while laying in your hospital bed trying to recover. Plus the service there is unbelieveably bad. You are not a customer to them, you are just another slab of meat ready to be pricessed.

Instead of "You get what you pay for?" how about, he will get what he is worth! He earns me money ill make him rich. He dosn't perform ill fire him. A business person has to take risks.

Please let us know how you get on with your cheap labour.

Your views may remain the same, but Ill wager they will change in 36 months max. T.I.T

What is flagrantly obvious, is that the medical industry is absurdly unregulated leading to - "And no, it's not free. You are paying through.......". I agree, who knows what the lunatics who pretty much run the world will do. They pretty much set up the * let's pass laws to solidify the outsourcing of labor to 1. Increase the profit margin for the few at the very top and 2. Eliminate employment opportunities that used to be occupied by their fellow countrymen.*

So, what is he worth? What are you worth? Did you receive a figure from some deity stating your value? Keep on looking for that "cheap labor"! It's all about the profit margin! Here's an idea - Just maybe, there is an individual who is a native English speaker, living close enough to you, is an absolute wiz with a needle and thread and you can actually communicate with this individual, because you speak the same language and there will probably be a much greater chance of things being done as you specified.

Cheap labor isn't the answer. Skilled labor seems much more logical.

Good luck in your endeavor!

What is flagrantly obvious, is that the medical industry is absurdly unregulated leading to - "And no, it's not free. You are paying through.......". I agree, who knows what the lunatics who pretty much run the world will do. They pretty much set up the * let's pass laws to solidify the outsourcing of labor to 1. Increase the profit margin for the few at the very top and 2. Eliminate employment opportunities that used to be occupied by their fellow countrymen.*

So, what is he worth? What are you worth? Did you receive a figure from some deity stating your value? Keep on looking for that "cheap labor"! It's all about the profit margin! Here's an idea - Just maybe, there is an individual who is a native English speaker, living close enough to you, is an absolute wiz with a needle and thread and you can actually communicate with this individual, because you speak the same language and there will probably be a much greater chance of things being done as you specified.

I totally agree, but I dont have that person at my finger tips, for me cheap labour is some one who really needs the job, they will probably have mouths to feed and will endure the long hours, they will end up sharing my vision is the endeavour is a sound idea, ive got to start somewhere, cheap will at least give me an insight into what the speed humps will be...

I honestly think the best worker is a hobbyist who will work for free and call it fun... I dont care if I fail, I just need to get this idea of the flippen ground and out of my head

Off topic rant of the week. Hope you feel better nowsmile.png

I totally agree, but I dont have that person at my finger tips, for me cheap labour is some one who really needs the job, they will probably have mouths to feed and will endure the long hours, they will end up sharing my vision is the endeavour is a sound idea, ive got to start somewhere, cheap will at least give me an insight into what the speed humps will be...

I honestly think the best worker is a hobbyist who will work for free and call it fun... I dont care if I fail, I just need to get this idea of the flippen ground and out of my head

OP, I have been in business here for a while.

Since day one, the biggest problem is staff.

One problem is getting staff, 2 is keeping them and 3 putting up/dealing with some of the things they do.

Now, you want cheap, cheap ( i know it sounds bad) means bottom of the barrel.

Those will not use a brain cell for a minute and will do things that you can not even imagine , even if you really tried.

Just some examples for you, i had staff rent out bikes without any customer detail,nothing.

I had staff tell people to go to 7-11 to buy drinks because its cheaper than in the hotel.

These days staff is very hard to find, i advertise monthly for past 3-4 years and i am always short staffed,they would rather not work at all, then work for small money.

May be if you based in deep Isaan, you might have a chance to find some people, but again, they will not be cheap because you are a foreigner so they will expect higher salary.

I am afraid ambition is simply not enough in Thailand,

I can tell you, last week i worked for 3.5 days straight with no sleep at all, because 2 staff decided not to show up to work at all.

Now i am doing 19 hour days because again short staffed

Not trying to scare you or sound negative, but this is the reality of things.

I agree with Sealbash... cheap isn't skilled and skilled isn't cheap. whoever you get give them a trial period and see how they go. if you promise more benefit after the trial then make sure you deliver.

if you're only offering temp work then you're going to struggle finding anyone skilled. maybe try "outsourcing" the work you need...

'Skilled' and 'Thai' is an oxymoron and should not be used in the same sentence.