Thailand PM eclipsed by controversial brother - Profile

Lite Beer

She has my deep respect and has handled herself and her government adroitly and with dignity while under attack from a mob of political opportunists and one deranged, power drunk voice that leads them.

She remains to my view the best option in leadership Thailand has available to it.

The opposition offering nothing but shuck and a future quagmire for Thailand.

Well, what the article cannot really say is that she comes across as below-average intelligence, it's not just her inexperience or Thaksin's shadow, every time she opens her mouth she strikes me as hopelessly out of her depth, parroting some press statement and prone to gaffes.The overriding impression most educated Thais have is that she is 'stupid', of course, for 'the majority' of Thais this evidently isn't a problem.

You should work on your English first before insulting her intelligence,

'Yeah, yeah, well you are ugly' - that is about the intellectual level of what you said here. Go back to the playground and play with your friends and leave the intelligent conversation to the grown ups...Just because you can't understand what was said, it in no way means the English was bad, it was perfectly succinct. There was nothing wrong with the English used in the post you criticized and I agree fully with the sentiment of what was said, I saw some interviews with her where she tries to speak English and she doesn't come across very well....She has never tried to think for herself, she just does as big brother fugitive criminal tells her to. Often she just walks away from reporters as she has no idea how to answer their questions ( and we are talking from Thai reporters so it certainly isn't a language problem except for using those technical 'politics' words that she doesn't understand ). She's about as useful as an inflatable dart board. Pack your bags PM and let someone with at least half a brain take over please.....PT = Puppets Of Thaksin party.

• Like 2

She has my deep respect and has handled herself and her government adroitly and with dignity while under attack from a mob of political opportunists and one deranged, power drunk voice that leads them.

She remains to my view the best option in leadership Thailand has available to it.

Well, what the article cannot really say is that she comes across as below-average intelligence, it's not just her inexperience or Thaksin's shadow, every time she opens her mouth she strikes me as hopelessly out of her depth, parroting some press statement and prone to gaffes.The overriding impression most educated Thais have is that she is 'stupid', of course, for 'the majority' of Thais this evidently isn't a problem.

You are welcome to your opinion, which does not make what you're saying true or a commonly held opinion except among people trying to destroy her.

Reg: If you want to join the People's Front of Judea, you have to really hate the Romans.

Brian: I do!

Reg: Oh yeah, how much?

Brian: A lot!

Reg: Right, you're in.

And apparently a handful of Thais and foreigners ready to follow them like lemming over the cliff into rudderless chaos.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is very different to yours. I don't believe she has led anything, made any decisions over the last 2 years. or even been part of the decision making process. Same as in her career with her brothers companies.

This is just so evident every time she opens her mouth, her non attendance at parliament and her pitiful excuses. I don't know about that. it's not me, I've tasked so and so. etc.

Whilst the opposition also lack inspirational leaders, they aren't controlled by a criminal fugitive, hell bent on creating a dictatorship for the benefit of one family.

Not a brilliant choice either way, but YL as the leader......... when will she ever do anything?

Clearly your prejudices cloud or more appropriately blind your view.

Most recently she's handled the ugly mob and threats by a a group whose only hope of gaining power, again, is through an overthrow of a democratically elected government or creation of power vacuum where they can otherwise wrench away control, with dignity and aplomb given the circumstances. And outmaneuvered them as well.

The degree to which Thaksin controls any decisions in Thailand is a convenient whipping boy, period. And Thaksin's benefits to the people of Thailand during his twice elected prime ministership, contrary to hell bent on creating a dictatorship, is well documented as are his mistakes.

And correct, the opposition not only lacks inspirational leaders, but apparently really is controlled by a criminal fugitive, drunk on power, talking utter and contradictory crap, hell bent on running Thailand into the ground in efforts to unseat a majority rule and install themselves because they cannot surmount it in a legitimate way.

So your inclination is to disrespect her as a pretext for replacing her with...less than nothing and ushering in destabilizing the country, it's economy and standing in the world.

You should work on your English first before insulting her intelligence,

I've tried to insult her intelligence in the last few days, or weeks, or months, or even years.

But it is very difficult to insult something that doesn't exist.

In defence of Yingluk, she's not the only idiot around.

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.."
--Al Gore, Vice President
"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix ."
-- Dan Quayle
"Traditionally, most of Australia 's imports come from overseas."
--Keppel Enderbery
  • Like 1

You are of course entitled to your opinion of the Lady, however, if she were not the Sister of Thaksin, she would not feature at all on the political landscape, let along be PM. I do respect her for ensuring there has been no violence during the demonstrations, despite the provocation.

How many people enter politics as Prime Minister unless they have had a lot of help from a elder brother maybe.

there have been many examples of Prime Ministers and Presidents that were political novices at the time they were elected.

How many people enter politics as Prime Minister unless they have had a lot of help from a elder brother maybe.

there have been many examples of Prime Ministers and Presidents that were political novices at the time they were elected.

Can you name any of them?

Nonsense totally.

Nonsense totally.

Definitely one of the most amusing posts of the month so far.