Anyone have gold rings [setting] designed and made for them in Thailand ? - referrals appreciated

siamjimi

I would like to have a local Thai gold shop work with me to design a couple of ring settings. Anyone have this done before ? Referrals to reputable gold ring designers would be great.

I am buying the diamonds separtely as loose diamond purchases outside Thailand and need someone local to make the settings in Thai gold.

Thanks for your help.

I had some rings and other items custom made at Siam Utopia in Paradise Park in Bangkok. Very satisfied with the quality and level of customization. They are very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Thank you Stuff - I will drop in next time I am in that area and check them out. I am not good with shopping mall names and areas of town - do you have a street crossing or familiar intrersection for me ?

Can you tell me what you had made.? I already have photos of a few ring settings I am willing to be flexible with the design.

I want the shop to build the setting around whatever diamonds I happen to buy such as baggettes etc... I am trying to buy some nice stones not too large and have the Thai gold settings. Thats what this is really about is having the Thai gold instead of the mixed gold from other countries.

Its fairly straight forward for any goldsmith - I added a couple photos of the ring guards for anyones example. I need 1 womans solitare and mans diamond band made also.

Thanks for the info.

I had some rings and other items custom made at Siam Utopia in Paradise Park in Bangkok. Very satisfied with the quality and level of customization. They are very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Thank you Stuff - I will drop in next time I am in that area and check them out.  I am not good with shopping mall names and areas of town - do you have a street crossing or familiar intrersection for me ?

Can you tell me what you had made.?  I already have photos of a few ring settings I am willing to be flexible with the design.

I want the shop to build the setting around whatever diamonds I happen to buy such as baggettes etc...  I am trying to buy some nice stones not too large and have the Thai gold settings.  Thats what this is really about is having the Thai gold instead of the mixed gold from other countries.

Its fairly straight forward for any goldsmith - I added a couple photos of the ring guards for anyones example.  I need 1 womans solitare and mans diamond band made also.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been out of pocket.

Paradise Park is on Srinakarin Road (Between OnNut Road and Udonsuk Road) on the same side as Seacon Square but closer to Udomsuk Road.

I had two rings made ( man and woman's) and also a custom pendant style necklace to house a "lucky" heart-shaped stone my daughter gave me when she was five. They did a great job with all and are very flexible and easy to work with. Their shop is on the ground floor not far from Villa Market.

• 2 months later...

Thank you Stuff - I will drop in next time I am in that area and check them out. I am not good with shopping mall names and areas of town - do you have a street crossing or familiar intrersection for me ?

Can you tell me what you had made.? I already have photos of a few ring settings I am willing to be flexible with the design.

I want the shop to build the setting around whatever diamonds I happen to buy such as baggettes etc... I am trying to buy some nice stones not too large and have the Thai gold settings. Thats what this is really about is having the Thai gold instead of the mixed gold from other countries.

Its fairly straight forward for any goldsmith - I added a couple photos of the ring guards for anyones example. I need 1 womans solitare and mans diamond band made also.

Thanks for the info.

Paradise Park is on Srinakarin Road (Between OnNut Road and Udonsuk Road) on the same side as Seacon Square but closer to Udomsuk Road.

I had two rings made ( man and woman's) and also a custom pendant style necklace to house a "lucky" heart-shaped stone my daughter gave me when she was five. They did a great job with all and are very flexible and easy to work with. Their shop is on the ground floor not far from Villa Market.

Stuff - great info - thank you - I have been out of pocket overseas for a short time and only able to respond now - my apology.

Thank you for the info - I am in need of this work being done ASAP and appreciate your help with this info.

Thanks for the info.

Stuff - great info - thank you - I have been out of pocket overseas for a short time and only able to respond now - my apology.

Thank you for the info - I am in need of this work being done ASAP and appreciate your help with this info.

watch them very carefully after you give them the diamonds ,not all shops are honest and if they think your a tourist

they might try and switch a real diamond with a sparkly fake made from cubic zirconia or another low value immitation

all that glistens aint gold :)

Your diamonds will have an Id mark. Check it after the work is done. If they are "hot", the jeweller may have a record of that Id nr. eg. someone reported their diamond ring stolen in USA, brings the stones here to be reset. Aveagoodday.

Edited by aveabeeror2