Shinawatra clan is still the protest target

webfact

I am sick of the pro-TS here keep only pointing at Suthep. What if today the person is not Suthep who want to overthrow the TS regime? What if he is only a Thai common citizen? What have you got to say?? After questions about the corruptions, problems and responsibilties,trying to above the law. Doesn't YL as the elected PM has any role to play?? SHe need not give any answer??? Dodging here and there. She HERSELF should have feel bloody shamed and volunteer to quit her PM position.

Some people may say whoever in-charge ,corruption is still around.

No change, means thing is done. Forever in TS regime, corrupted, citizens having hard life.

Try to change, may have chances to have a new corrupted free nation. It is very hard but slowly start better than no start.

I personally believe after this time protest, Suthep himself will aware that power is still belong to the Thai people and they will unite and come out together to kick your ass out if you are doing harm to their country and their beloved Supreme leader (i do not mean Suthep). Suthep is not a dumbass either. He will not want to become same like TS, hated by so many own Thai fellow people. After this Suthep will take the corruption seriously (I personally believe).

NO change, everything same same

Try change, may have something no same.

Why not give a change?

Cheers~

I am sick of Farangs backing either side & giving their worthless opinion on a wholly Thai matter. In the end, all the crap being spouted by farangs on this subject is irrelevant, so why bother making arguments for either group of fanatics..?

Is it a "wholly Thai matter"? Isn't there a lot of foreign investment in Thailand? Shouldn't foreigners be able to have an opinion about something they're involved in?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Shinawatra clan continues to play a major role in Thailand all the protest will be for not and shortly after the Feb. 2nd elections the protest will start anew. It would be nice to see the Shinawatra's and their crew move to a foreign land but we all know they are out for money power and more money.

Yes there are other factions within the ruling party and the opposition that Thailand can do without.

How ludicrous is this protest.

Because Thaksin was supposedly corrupt (the only corrupt politician in Thailand) the protesters are demanding the whole family leave politics.

This needs to be seen for what it is.

The protesters (paid protesters) are being used to get another even more corrupt group into power.

But first they need to get rid of this powerful and popular political force.

It's a bit like when the corrupt anti-drug forces go all out to eliminate a cartel so an even more powerful cartel can take over the whole territory.

If they succeed, we will witness the most corrupt ever political power in Thai politics with years to run without any opposition.

heaven help us.

Totally off beam. Any intelligent reading of the Thai political situation would come to a totally different conclusion.

If the Shinawatra clan continues to play a major role in Thailand all the protest will be for not and shortly after the Feb. 2nd elections the protest will start anew. It would be nice to see the Shinawatra's and their crew move to a foreign land but we all know they are out for money power and more money.

Yes there are other factions within the ruling party and the opposition that Thailand can do without.

Because Thaksin was supposedly corrupt (the only corrupt politician in Thailand) the protesters are demanding the whole family leave politics.

The protesters (paid protesters) are being used to get another even more corrupt group into power.

It's a bit like when the corrupt anti-drug forces go all out to eliminate a cartel so an even more powerful cartel can take over the whole territory.

If they succeed, we will witness the most corrupt ever political power in Thai politics with years to run without any opposition.

heaven help us.

You don't know what you're talking/writing about and have to add an unsupported (lie?) comment about paid protestors.

No one has claimed that Thaksin was the only corrupt politician but he has staked an unopposed claim to be the worst. Not only are there numerous charges outstanding against him but he is the first - in my 32 years of visiting & living in Thailand - to actually change laws to benefit himself and his companies. Nepotism has never been worse too with his clan involved in politics, the police & military - the latter 2 involving rocket-propelled promotions.

You certainly haven't understood Suthep's position (deliberately?). He is not promoting himself or his party to lead the country out of the mess. This is a temporary solution to eliminate the Shinawatra & Damapong clans from robbing & mismanaging the country.

Most of the protestors would go home and anticipate the general election if the Shins actually stop their interference (instead of lies & pretence) and a sharp-fanged body setup to target vote buying.

• Like 2

I am sick of the pro-TS here keep only pointing at Suthep. What if today the person is not Suthep who want to overthrow the TS regime? What if he is only a Thai common citizen? What have you got to say?? After questions about the corruptions, problems and responsibilties,trying to above the law. Doesn't YL as the elected PM has any role to play?? SHe need not give any answer??? Dodging here and there. She HERSELF should have feel bloody shamed and volunteer to quit her PM position.

No change, means thing is done. Forever in TS regime, corrupted, citizens having hard life.

Try to change, may have chances to have a new corrupted free nation. It is very hard but slowly start better than no start.

I personally believe after this time protest, Suthep himself will aware that power is still belong to the Thai people and they will unite and come out together to kick your ass out if you are doing harm to their country and their beloved Supreme leader (i do not mean Suthep). Suthep is not a dumbass either. He will not want to become same like TS, hated by so many own Thai fellow people. After this Suthep will take the corruption seriously (I personally believe).

Why not give a change?

Cheers~

I am sick of Farangs backing either side & giving their worthless opinion on a wholly Thai matter. In the end, all the crap being spouted by farangs on this subject is irrelevant, so why bother making arguments for either group of fanatics..?

Are you staying in Thailand right now?

Yes? Working? Married? Retired? Holiday?

You mentioned "FARANGS GIVING WORTHLESS OPINION ON A WHOLLY THAI MATTER,IN THE END ALL THE CRAP BEING SPOUTED BY FARANGS ON THIS SUBJECT IS IRRELEVANT."

I think you are shallow. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Oops..

They could really do the country a favour by dropping out of politics. No one is indispensable and they already have enough money for their children's children to live comfortably to the Nth generations. What more can they want?

Things still wouldn't be perfect without them but a great source of divisiveness could be removed. Without them around I believe the red shirts would have no objection to some of the reforms demanded by Suthep including election of provincial governors, decentralisation of police control and with certain reforms in place, the opposition would more readily accept a government that emerged from the current PT and red shirts. The South would have Democrat governors in every province and rampant corruption and organised crime perpertrated by police might have a chance to diminish. Red shirt provinces would also have their own governors. Governors could also be corrupt but at least they could be removed at the ballot box and would be local people working for local people, not bureaucrats transferred for 2 year stints to provinces they have never been to by the interior Minster who expects them to do his political bidding. The reason for centralisation in the 19th century was that local feudal lords were embezzling 80% of the provincial tax revenues and the central government was receiving the revenue it needed to modernise the state under King Rama V. Things have hardly changed since then, although the reason for centralisation is no longer valid.

Red shirts would probably not be happy if things got so strict that they were no longer able to receive money for their votes but being able to elect their own provincial governors should help compensate for this. More rational policies of assisting poor farmers and improving their productively than the rice pledging scheme should also put more cash in farmers' hands at a much lower cost to the taxpayer.

But none of this is going to be possible if the Shinawatras dig into their bunker and stay on.

• Like 1

So why are you in this forum then?

Why not give a change?

Cheers~

Don't be involved in the forum at all, we enjoy our worthless opinions, You seem to know a lot about crap, wonder why ??

Maybe we take interest is because our homes are here and could affect many folks. On the other hand posters get sick of other people telling them that they are worthless.

• Like 1

Because it's a discussion forum. People are expressing their opinions. It's part of the newest fad, freedom of speech. Don't like it ? Too bad.

Are the Shinawatras so arrogant and stupid that they can't understand that the protests would subside or even end if they forever abandoned all of their positions in government and political parties? There will never again be calm as long as they continue to hold those positions. The protest will continue beyond the election if they win and if they make a Shinawatra or a relative the next PM.

This current high season for tourism is lost and the effects will continue for a long time. That might just be a good thing considering who the current tourists are and where they are from. The plus side for travelers is that Suvarnabhumi will be operating at less than full capacity for a while.

Thailand is heading into bankruptcy with the unsustainable rice scam, high speed rail scam and flood project scam. They will become Taksin's ultimate revenge on Thailand.

Essentially YES to all points.

Well maybe not the who the tourists are part.

I have no basic problem with Chinese or Russians, at least not the ones I meet.

Though the Chinese tourists are TERRIBLE on motorcycles around here.

heaven help us.

Have to agree with you.

I have been doing a lot of reading and research lately about Thai politics and Thai political history including the Thai military back room control over the Thai politics and the immense influence of theThai Monarchy in Thai politics

The alternatives to the present political party in power and what to be expected if the present party is ousted by the yellow shirts is not good, not good at all in too many respects.

If the nation falls back into control of the elites and monarchists and really, in effect the military powers once again, it may be good for many ( of course it would ) but basically the country takes 2 steps backwards, once again.

Many people may hate Thaksin and the Thaksin clan but I am learning if the readers educate themselves about all the various political players involved in Thai politics and the Thai military political control and influence that is deeply rooted in all of the Thai politics including their close association with the Monarchy, I am certain most people would have serious second thoughts about wanting the yellow shirt party to rule over the country once again.

Their track record of the past during their tenure while ruling over the country is far more disturbing and creepy than any of the other political parties that have ever run the country

The relevant political information about how the elites have ruled the country in the past, when they did rule with more or less unrestricted power, is disturbing to say the least so it is somewhat disturbing to know they will rule over the nation the same way they have in the past...if they get into power again.

If you think the yellow shirt elites should run the country once again, the way they have before, then by all means support them, it is your choice but that old saying: "Be carefull what you wish for" is well applied here.

Meantime I am not a fan of the Thaksin clan either but I am thinking the present political party is the lesser of 2 evils.

• Like 1

heaven help us.

Have to agree with you.

I have been doing a lot of reading and research lately about Thai politics and Thai political history including the Thai military back room control over the Thai politics and the immense influence of theThai Monarchy in Thai politics

The alternatives to the present political party in power and what to be expected if the present party is ousted by the yellow shirts is not good, not good at all in too many respects.

If the nation falls back into control of the elites and monarchists and really, in effect the military powers once again, it may be good for many ( of course it would ) but basically the country takes 2 steps backwards, once again.

Many people may hate Thaksin and the Thaksin clan but I am learning if the readers educate themselves about all the various political players involved in Thai politics and the Thai military political control and influence that is deeply rooted in all of the Thai politics including their close association with the Monarchy, I am certain most people would have serious second thoughts about wanting the yellow shirt party to rule over the country once again.

Their track record of the past during their tenure while ruling over the country is far more disturbing and creepy than any of the other political parties that have ever run the country

The relevant political information about how the elites have ruled the country in the past, when they did rule with more or less unrestricted power, is disturbing to say the least so it is somewhat disturbing to know they will rule over the nation the same way they have in the past...if they get into power again.

If you think the yellow shirt elites should run the country once again, the way they have before, then by all means support them, it is your choice but that old saying: "Be carefull what you wish for" is well applied here.

Meantime I am not a fan of the Thaksin clan either but I am thinking the present political party is the lesser of 2 evils.

You're comparing the "elite" control of decades ago to Thaksin in the last 10 years. You don't think the "elite" have changed in 20 or 30 years?

Sent from my phone ...

heaven help us.

"The protesters (paid protesters) are being used to get another even more corrupt group into power"

And may we see your evidence of (paid protesters) ???? as in bribed! i.e not supplied with food and shelter,which is purely a practicality.

Edited by MAJIC

You're comparing the "elite" control of decades ago to Thaksin in the last 10 years. You don't think the "elite" have changed in 20 or 30 years?

Sure they have got richer and greedier ... thats about it, still believe they are superior, still believe they are the only ones that should have a say and still look down on everyone else....

Sure they have got richer and greedier ... thats about it, still believe they are superior, still believe they are the only ones that should have a say and still look down on everyone else.... 

So did Thaksin.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 2

heaven help us.

Have to agree with you.

I have been doing a lot of reading and research lately about Thai politics and Thai political history including the Thai military back room control over the Thai politics and the immense influence of theThai Monarchy in Thai politics

If the nation falls back into control of the elites and monarchists and really, in effect the military powers once again, it may be good for many ( of course it would ) but basically the country takes 2 steps backwards, once again.

Many people may hate Thaksin and the Thaksin clan but I am learning if the readers educate themselves about all the various political players involved in Thai politics and the Thai military political control and influence that is deeply rooted in all of the Thai politics including their close association with the Monarchy, I am certain most people would have serious second thoughts about wanting the yellow shirt party to rule over the country once again.

Their track record of the past during their tenure while ruling over the country is far more disturbing and creepy than any of the other political parties that have ever run the country

If you think the yellow shirt elites should run the country once again, the way they have before, then by all means support them, it is your choice but that old saying: "Be carefull what you wish for" is well applied here.

Let us look at modern politics. Now what exactly did Abhisit do that so alarms you??

His rice scheme was far better and at a cost a fraction of that of Pheu Thai's scam - the rice farmers even admitted that it benefitted them, before the last election.

The rich are the drivers of the economy and without them Thailand would be bankrupt as producing and exporting rice is a BIG money loser and drain on the countries coffers (especially at the moment)!! Why devise an implement a stupid rice scheme that enriches Thaksin's mates and the millers/exporters with little money trickling down to those who need it? Abhisit's scheme gave far more money to the poor farmers and he didn't buy votes with populist policies that further drain valuable money with little benefit!!

Don't look at what happened in the past - that is history and irrelevant to today's time. Concentrate on the last 10 - 15 years with Thaksin's ilegal activities and murderous spree's where thousands of innocent citizens and muslims lost their lives.

As soon as Thaksin and his parasites are gone, then you will see Thailand prosper as it has so much to offer!!!!

Ah there you are Sichonsteve.... I was missing your grandfatherly homilies. well, the bad news is that Mrs Thatcher is dead and won't becoming back.

I know this is a bitter pill to swallow, but despite your unflagging support for Suthep and the conservative elite behind him (read my earlier posts to understand who I'm talking about) it won't bring about Mrs Thatcher's reappearance. She's gone old mate. RIP.

Now you had the benefit of a western democracy upbringing so you should be able to understand this, hopefully anyway.

Mrs Thatcher got elected with a huge popular vote first time in.

next election ... not so popular

next election gone... by her own party.

See, that's what happens, the people elect who they want, good or bad. It's called democracy.

If Mrs Thatcher decided to listen to Ronald Regan telling her what to do every day, then that's the way it had to be because she was elected to run the country for 4 years and if that was her style, like it or not, so be it.

No labor politicians in the street telling the masses to invade the government offices, smashing things up and demanding the government resign.

No, because the people have to be patient and wait until the next election.

Now whether you agree with this or not, that's the way Western democracies have managed to succeed where the jungle people (insert any country that fits the bill) haven't .

If you advocate law of the jungle, you don't accept that a leader was elected, no matter if she was being told what to do by her brother , if it gets on your goat, so you go out and smash the place up and demand her resignation.

i won't go into your naive statements about how nice the Democrats are and what a nice young man Abhsit is, you can't or won't see the strings on the puppet show, so let's leave it there.

But there is an important principal at stake here Steve, and just because you side with the Dem's and the royals and dear old Maggie matters not one bit.

Either you respect a democratic system or you don't. Warts and all.

And for all you other old poms, rotting over here, whining about Thaksin,the conservatives are back in power now in the UK, why don't you all bugger off back home?

Steve,

ah a hot blooded socialist eh?

Well apologies for accusing you of being a "born to rule" Tory.

However, that's not what we're talking about are we? I mean you had to suffer under Thatcher many years, but you and your fellow travellers didn't go out and invade government offices demanding she resign did you? You would have been locked up quick smart eh?

So why is it ok to do that here Steve?

That's what we are talking about, repect for the democratic system, and the majority of Thai people voted for Yingluck, mistaken as they might be, that was the result.

The alternative, which you are advocating is ANARCHY.

You just don't make sense, your argument has been revealed for what it is.

heaven help us.

Have to agree with you.

Sent from my phone ...

Yes the elite have changed "a little" because they have, more or less, been forced to change.

I do not like the red shirt party either but one thing for certain, they are the first political party to seriously challenge the old gaurd mentality.

It does not matter if it is Thaksin himself or his sister or any of their political cronies in power, the elite will still try to operate the way that suits them best ....and that will always include trying to bring down any duly elected government that stands in their way.

If they rid the country of Thaksin and his populist party while another serious opposition party to the yellows is formed and rises to challenge the yellows without Thaksin or his sister or any of their clan, are you seriously implying that the elites would simply step away and let the new populist political party run the country.

Not a chance...too much money to be lost and too much power to be conceeded and they will not let that happen without a fight and we see the way they fight.

They claim they are representing the people and need to rid the country of corrupt politicians while they are the saviours that can do so.

Do you believe that?

They can do so ...but you see the way they do it and they will apply the same measures and tactics to any other duly elected political parties...what ever opposition party that may be.

You as a foriegner in this country more than likely, from time to time, also complain about all the numerous restrictions and rules and laws concerning foriegners....yes?

Be aware It was the elites that made up those rules and restrictions and laws while it is the yellow party that will continue to enforce those kinds of rules and regulations and laws while other political parties are leaning more towards making changes to that kind of old gaurd mentality..as in more progessive.

If you want Thai politics to remain the same ( The Status Quo ) while a relatively small percent of people get huge amounts of power and money while the masses are ignored or sometimes given lip service while being told to be content with whatever they can scrape up then that would suit the mentality and agenda of the old guard elites reperesented by the yellow shirt party.

"That" aspect of their mentality has not changed in the last 20 to 30 years.

Most of the real political power brokers are in their 70's and 80's and some in their 90's and they are not going to change...at least not as much as others envision the country under far more lberal and democratic political leadership.

Steve,

However, that's not what we're talking about are we? I mean you had to suffer under Thatcher many years, but you and your fellow travellers didn't go out and invade government offices demanding she resign did you? You would have been locked up quick smart eh?

That's what we are talking about, repect for the democratic system, and the majority of Thai people voted for Yingluck, mistaken as they might be, that was the result.

Nobody voted for YS. Her place in parliament was guaranteed.

• Like 1

Steve,

We did have to suffer under Thatcher but Britain is a TRUE democracy whereby they adhere to the rules of democracy. Apart from a bit of gerrymandering by Dame Shirley Porter and a few brown envelopes and other dodgy dealings (by tories primarily) our democracy is probably the best in the world. That said, we have had a number of general strikes and riots (Tory governments again) with Arthur Scargil's miners strike the most notable as well as 'the Tottenham riots' amongst a number of others whereby several buildings were burnt to the ground with widespread looting taking place.

Respect for the democratic system, right!! was this governments changing of the amnesty bill to include Thaksin (under Yingluck and Thaksin's order) at the last minute, moral and democratic?? Scamming schemes such as the rice scheme robbery and 'bribes for votes' populist schemes aren't exactly democratic either.

Would you agree that a government should serve all the people? Then why is needed investment in the South deprived because the people are Democrat voters? Remember when Thaksin uttered those words that effectively meant "you didn't vote for us so you are getting naught from us" and when one of his cabinet members repeated the same a little while back - how very democratic.

Is not inciting people to burn down the capital anarchic?? Just how does burning down large shopping mails compare against walking into a few government offices (to be greeted by supportive whistle blowers)? Hardly anarchy in the latter case don't you think?

This government lost it's democratic credentials when it started carrying out undemocratic practices and ignoring parliamentary rules and laws. Dismissing the courts rulings when it didn't suit their agenda is very democratic, isn't it.

Nobody has touched on the farcical so-called flood prevention consultations with the people whereby only supporters of the schemes are allowed in!! They didn't even want to hold these until the courts told them they had to.

Trying to change the make up of the house of representatives to turn the Thai government into a dictatorship by controlling both houses and watering down/eliminiating the checks and balance schemes isn't so democratic either.

Their legitimacy disappeared once they embarked on all of this and they ceased to become democratic which is why intelligent people who care about Thailand now want the Shinawatra scum out of Thai politics!!!

• Like 2

Steve, two wrongs don't make one right do they?

your examples of protests against the Thatcher government were just that- protests.

the people had to wait until an election.

What are you going to do when PTp get elected again?

besides moaning on this forum?

You need to recognise the fact that a MAJORITY voted in PTP and probably will again.

Maybe you need to be not so one-eyed and look at why they vote for PTP?

I understand quite clearly as I've live here almost 30 years and have seen the change in the sentiment towards the ruling class (Dems) and the people who have used them to control the people while raping the country and keeping it all for themselves.

The exact same people who are pulling Suthep's strings.

You just need to open your eyes old son.

your examples of protests against the Thatcher government were just that- protests.

You need to recognise the fact that a MAJORITY voted in PTP and probably will again.

I understand quite clearly as I've live here almost 30 years and have seen the change in the sentiment towards the ruling class (Dems) and the people who have used them to control the people while raping the country and keeping it all for themselves.

My eyes are wide open - all you can see is darkness and sand and I have better things to do than debate with someone who is so clearly misguided in his opinion!!!

• Like 1

My eyes are wide open - all you can see is darkness and sand and I have better things to do than debate with someone who is so clearly misguided in his opinion!!!

Just to add my bit against this Bobmac poster. if you don't mind Steve---The other point being---THATCHER--resigned. SHE WENT,, ok elections followed, but the point here is this is all that people want is the family bow out. my memory is fading so Yingluck is not allowed by law to resign ???? strange

Just to add my bit against this Bobmac poster. if you don't mind Steve---The other point being---THATCHER--resigned. SHE WENT,, ok elections followed, but the point here is this is all that people want is the family bow out. my memory is fading so Yingluck is not allowed by law to resign ???? strange

That did strike me as being rather unplausible too. Must she be FORCED to stay there against her will and if she tries to stand down she will be arrested for abandoning her duties maybe!!

Sounds like a load of codswallop to me in order to cling on to government and stop that 'nasty man' Suthep from taking over the reins to halt her dynasty in it's tracks.

He has risked imprisonment in his actions and has made it clear that he wants a people's council (and not a Democrat take over) as intermediate power brokers to reform those areas of the constitution that NEED reforming before FAIR and HONEST elections can take place.It is not a power grab but simply serves to correct a flawed voting system that keeps on voting in corrupt governments through deceit, trickery, lies and promises from self serving thieves and fraudsters.

The one good thing that has come of this is that we shall never see Thaksin set foot on Thai soil again!!!

That did strike me as being rather unplausible too. Must she be FORCED to stay there against her will and if she tries to stand down she will be arrested for abandoning her duties maybe!!

Sounds like a load of codswallop to me in order to cling on to government and stop that 'nasty man' Suthep from taking over the reins to halt her dynasty in it's tracks.

He has risked imprisonment in his actions and has made it clear that he wants a people's council (and not a Democrat take over) as intermediate power brokers to reform those areas of the constitution that NEED reforming before FAIR and HONEST elections can take place.It is not a power grab but simply serves to correct a flawed voting system that keeps on voting in corrupt governments through deceit, trickery, lies and promises from self serving thieves and fraudsters.

The one good thing that has come of this is that we shall never see Thaksin set foot on Thai soil again!!!

Yes mate -Hopefully. It's the whole fiasco since he went on the run-Olympics ??? 55555 it's the, I would say, illegal interference in the running of the country, and why has it been tolerated, so the "mad man" Suthep is mobilizing people to rid him and his family. Some of it a bit drastic-but these measures have to be to get rid of dead wood.