That special "Thai kiss.'

infinity11

And definitely kissing my wife on the mouth in public here is a no-no, although every once in a while we just say "to hell with it" and go ahead, but I am really talking about a peck (already scandalous!!!!).

Would be interesting to read a history of it.

My wife won't let me kiss her in public at all (most improper), even though we live in Europe. She's quite happy to kiss me on the lips at home, though. But the 'sniff kiss' is rather lovely. Although it is sometimes followed by "you need a shower", like a previous poster said!

Is the 'sniff-kiss' similar to the pressing of noses,( hongi) that the New Zealand Maoris do ?.

I think it signifies that they are breathing the same air and so they are equals......................

or something like that .

Ahhh, enigmatic Thailand, love it so much! All sorts of things bubbling away just beneath the surface, in the food, the women, the economy, the traffic, the politics, you name it! Thais seem to know, but we can only guess, and hope they're not lying to us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I like this "sniff kiss" too and I do believe it comes from many parts of Asia. I once had a Japanese g/f who while we kissed mouth to mouth she used to breath the air that I breathed out through my nose, in through her nose.

• Like 1