Receptionist drugged and lockers broken-into at Central Pattaya Hotel

Rimmer

Receptionist drugged and lockers broken-into at Central Pattaya Hotel

hotel-5.jpg
PATTAYA:--Police were called to a Central Pattaya Hotel early on Tuesday morning to investigate reports that the receptionist had been drugged and lockers had been broken-into.

Police met with the receptionist, Khun Art aged 35, who was found by the owner of the Joshuar Hotel in Soi Buakao, lying unconscious on the floor of the ground floor lobby. Out of a total of 28 lockers situated in the lobby, 3 had been broken-into and items had been stolen.

The perpetrator, who is thought to be a Turkish National, also stole the CCTV tapes before he left.

Khun Vilailuk, the Hotel owner, first knew that something was wrong when she awoke to find the corridor lights were switched off.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/111577/receptionist-drugged-and-lockers-broken-into-at-central-pattaya-hotel/#sthash.1QLm9OwX.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-11

• Like 2

Well tourists are not flocking to Thailand anymore, due to its natives playing like spoilt children, so of course there will be incidents like this happening. I suspect things may get worse for tourists as more "operators" will go extra lengths to fleece them, making the situation worse.... It wont be long before Thailand has 1 tourist per year... -sic-

• Like 2

Well tourists are not flocking to Thailand anymore, due to its natives playing like spoilt children, so of course there will be incidents like this happening. I suspect things may get worse for tourists as more "operators" will go extra lengths to fleece them, making the situation worse.... It wont be long before Thailand has 1 tourist per year... -sic-

LOL...this crap has been going on forever here...tourists won't stop coming...we love it...good, bad, ugly...that's what attracts!

Never leave anything in a hotel room safe or a deposit box behind the receptionist's desk in this country ever.

That is never.

Best, don't bring it with you.

Second, change or withdraw cash every 2 or 3 days, just what you need. Keep it with you or hide it in the room, not in the room safe.

Gold? Why are you bringing it to a hotel.

Expensive camera? Insure it. Keep it in sight if you can. Take note of identifying numbers.

But whatever you do, don't use the room safe or receptionist's deposit box.

• Like 1

" the receptionist had been drugged and lockers had been broken-into"

How did he get drugged? Drinking together with the perpetrator in the lobby?

Why just break 3 lockers? Only 3 of them was in use by customers?

How did the perpetrator know where the CCTV tapes where hidden? The receptionist told him just before hr passed out?

Something fishy about this story, time for Thai Visa detectives to solve the case clap2.gif

A friend who owns a very upmarket guesthouse in Cambodia told me from experience the safest place to hide money/passports/cards is under the TV, Even they couldn't get their otherwise excellent staff to move any TV and clean under without being specifically instructed to, and what illiterate thief would think of looking there?

• Like 2

Tom and Jerry scenario cheesy.gif

It's probably an encouraging sign that you have the lightness of heart to find theft and assault hilarious.

I agree. Those that find humor in the pain and misfortune of others, are sad creatures indeed,

Not familiar with this hotel, but in almost 30yrs I've never experienced anything like this. Lambast me for having an opinion, but I just don't think incidents like this are random, and that visitors are to any measurable degree subject to this kind of threat if they take reasonable precautions and don't do stupid things. There's always a story...

All that said, are those wooden safety deposit boxes?! Really? Hotel safety deposit boxes made of WOOD? ('Doesn't quite meet my 'reasonable precaution criteria...) Unless there were only 3 guests at the hotel, it's amazing that only 3 such boxes were rifled. Or maybe not so amazing if you know the rest of the story...

I wonder what fool would trust their valuables to a hotel reception "security box" with wooden doors and locks that cost 15 Baht each and could be opened with a screwdriver?

We need a follow up to clarify the owners of the three boxes were the same three dudes from a certain Asian sub-continent that got ripped off by the "under the bed" massage girls last week, and they've lost another 20k Baht each, plus their spare Rolex's. whistling.gif