Land in Moo Ban Chiang Mai

Shobbs

Hello,

I am looking to buy a plot of land between 100-400 sq wah in a decent and secure Moo Ban around 10-20km from Chiang Mai.

Checked through internet links, and DD property seems quite good, but not really offering exactly what I want. As I already work in Thailand (not Chiang Mai), I am fully aware that someone could open a karaoke bar or shopping mall next to my house. Hoping to find somewhere in very quiet residential area with respectful neighbors.

Price wise - 500,000 - 900,000 baht?

Does anyone know of somewhere they could recommend? Or perhaps seen somewhere?

SankamPhaeng area was my initial target area although I am open to suggestions.

I speak reasonably good Thai if it helps and will be up in CM next week. I was planning on driving around, but any thoughts very welcome.

Thanks

Agree with Hardened Spanker.....unless you want to try the "company" route ....Do you have a Thai company already? if not the Thai's are clamping down on the shell companies just so foreigners can buy land ....be very careful..

But if you have a Thai wife and wish to buy her the land and put it in her name ....driving around and finding the property is the best way I've found....if you like an area stop at the local "Mom and Pop" shop and ask them if the know of land for sale...Thai's are ALWAYS willing to help with finding land for a buyer (they get a 3% commission)

Good Luck

• Like 1

^ Re-read the OP. "A decent, secure Moo Ban", most likely meaning a commercial development. Not anywhere is that 7K / sq. wa. Outside a development: yeah, sure.

400 sq wa is a rai.. you rarely get that inside a commercial development unless you buy four plots. And then you're looking at a lot more than 900K.

As for a place, I would look at Ban Wang Tan off the Hang Dong road. It's large and spacious; if anywhere has larger sized plots it's there. Mostly up to 10K / sq. wa though.

I am looking to buy a plot of land between 100-400 sq wah in a decent and secure Moo Ban around 10-20km from Chiang Mai.

As I already work in Thailand (not Chiang Mai), I am fully aware that someone could open a karaoke bar or shopping mall next to my house.

How could someone open a Karaoke bar or Shopping Mall in a Moo Bahn ?

Hoping to find somewhere in very quiet residential area with respectful neighbors.

How can a Moo Bahn not be in a residential area ?

• Like 1

I have to agree with eyecatcher on this one - besides, eric, no need to be impolite in this matter. I doubt anything is available on a mooban for under THB10,000 per tw, and even that would be hard to find. I recently bought land in a Thai village near Hang Dong - definitely cheaper than on a development mooban - for THB9,500 per tw and I think I was lucky to get it. Just where is 7,000 per tw on a mooban to be "easily found" within a 10-15km radius? and ease up on the name calling!

• Like 1

You will be very hard pressed to find 400sqw for what you are wanting to spend . You might find a rice field that needs to be filled . But in a moo baan even that far from the city your looking at a lot more than 900,000 baht ..... 10,000 per sqw is the bottom end of property prices from what we found when we looked ......

You need to check land prices actually eric.

In the last 8 months I have driven around every sq km of chiang mai looking at land and houses.

From doi saket sansai to san kamp and saraphi.

Sansai was the cheapest area for land at between 3 and 8 thousand t.w, but generally for big plots over 300wah

But to pick something up for anything less than 10 for a respectable plot in a place you are happy with then you are lucky

Sansai whilst still reasonable prices, for me at 25km from the centre was too far, but sadly you are talking that distance now to get in under 10k

Not sure where I am consistently wrong though?

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

WOW ....amazing how expensive Chiang Mai is!...AND I thought it was supposed to be cheap! I am presently looking for land near Rayong .....beach properties I've found go for between 20,000 to 30,000/TW ON the beach....1 kilometer inland 1 Rai goes for 900,000 Baht....Maybe you should change your search parameters.....I hear there is a few months during the beginning of the year where you can hardly breathe the air anyway in Chiang Mai!

WOW ....amazing how expensive Chiang Mai is!...AND I thought it was supposed to be cheap! I am presently looking for land near Rayong .....beach properties I've found go for between 20,000 to 30,000/TW ON the beach....1 kilometer inland 1 Rai goes for 900,000 Baht....Maybe you should change your search parameters.....I hear there is a few months during the beginning of the year where you can hardly breathe the air anyway in Chiang Mai!

CM is closer to Chinacoffee1.gifohmy.png1zgarz5.gif

Edited by Chippen Dong

We have one rai for sale in a development east of hwy 11 down 1006.....turn off not far after crossing the RR tracks.

When we checked what we could sell it for two years or so ago the price was 2,000,000 baht.

I think prices have gone up a bit since then. In any event it's still for sale. Concrete road, electric and phone connections close by. Land is square flat piece.

Beachbunny

Edited by Beachbunny

WOW ....amazing how expensive Chiang Mai is!...AND I thought it was supposed to be cheap! I am presently looking for land near Rayong .....beach properties I've found go for between 20,000 to 30,000/TW ON the beach....1 kilometer inland 1 Rai goes for 900,000 Baht....

For the purpose of comparing apples to other things in the fruit realm, check what the price per square wa is in a commercial development in Phuket.

You can find a rai out of town in Chiang Mai for half of that 900K just fine, without trying too hard. If you do try hard (like we did a couple years ago) you might find a rai in a very scenic area for 250K.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

^ Re-read the OP. "A decent, secure Moo Ban", most likely meaning a commercial development. Not anywhere is that 7K / sq. wa. Outside a development: yeah, sure.

400 sq wa is a rai.. you rarely get that inside a commercial development unless you buy four plots. And then you're looking at a lot more than 900K.

As for a place, I would look at Ban Wang Tan off the Hang Dong road. It's large and spacious; if anywhere has larger sized plots it's there. Mostly up to 10K / sq. wa though.

BWT is now 12K and up.

You need to check land prices actually eric.

In the last 8 months I have driven around every sq km of chiang mai looking at land and houses.

From doi saket sansai to san kamp and saraphi.

Sansai was the cheapest area for land at between 3 and 8 thousand t.w, but generally for big plots over 300wah

But to pick something up for anything less than 10 for a respectable plot in a place you are happy with then you are lucky

Sansai whilst still reasonable prices, for me at 25km from the centre was too far, but sadly you are talking that distance now to get in under 10k

Not sure where I am consistently wrong though?

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

The furthest bit of SanSai is 12Km from the moat, the nearest 8Km.

Price of land furthest out (MaeJo) about 12k/tw, nearest (RuamChok) 20k/tw.

At WTK

Current MooBaan plots are normally sized at 55tw.

Edited by FiftyTwo

BWT is now 12K and up.

can we have 15K for tomorrow, 15 K anyone.... yes 15K from the man in blue at the second back row...20, 20 K for next week anyone....