New Diabetic Med/Natural remedies

Chris Lawrence

After reading the 'whats for breakfast thread', just thought I would post on a new med I am using.

Its called Byetta by Lilly. Its to be used in conjuction with other meds; I also take Novomix 30 for type 2 diabetes.

What this new med does is helps lower the amount of insulin you take and may also have an effect on weight loss. I started taking this and after a few injections my glucose levels droped significantly. I did have a problem with swelling in my feet and ankles; I stopped the Byetta and have just intoducing it again into my system to see if the swelling reappears.

Some people do have a problem with glucose control, even doing the right things. This Byetta may help if this is the case. Its a newish drug which I get here in OZ. Not sure if available in LOS.

Other more natural remedies to help lower glucose levels are cinnamon (http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/26/12/3215.long), ginger (study just done at Sydney Uni) and bitter melon (wife stuffs pork mince in melons and cooks as soup).

I have been insulin dependant since 2006, and find that diabetes is a real curse.

Just thought I would add to the discussion.smile.png