Tension grows at Government House

webfact

Tension grows at Government House

BANGKOK: -- Tension at Government House was growing this afternoon when hundreds of protesters of the Network for the Students and the People for the Reform of Thailand encircled the compound and prohibited them to leave.

Protest leaders using megaphones to verbally attack hundreds of anti-riot police inside Government House as they led protesters to demolish barriers and cut barbed wires placed around the compound by the police before noon today.

The protesters began to surround the compound accusing the police of defying the order of the People’s Democratic Reform Council (PDRC) to abandon the premise by 12 hours or at 10.30 a.m. today.

As the police did not respond to the order, they then surrounded all exits and prohibited the police to leave.

Protesters at press time are confronting the anti-riot police and they again delivered what they said was a last ultimatum for the police to take off their uniforms and walk out in one hour.

They said if the police remained stubborn, they would lock the police inside which now has all water supply and electricity cut.

Situation remained tense at 1.30 p.m. with the protesters playing patriotic songs to encourage the protesters to block all exits and entrances and to wait for next action if the one hour deadline passing with no response from the police.

They vowed to seize the compound with peace but would retaliate if they were harmed by the police. They accused the police inside Government House of using slingshots against protesters.

Now they have recruited 200 volunteers to take action after the one-hour deadline expire and ready to retaliate the police immediately.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tension-grows-government-house/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-12

Protesters cut power to Government House

BANGKOK: -- Protesters led by the Students and People Network for Thailand's Reform cut power supply to the Government House buildings at 12:15 pm Thursday.

The STR leaders gave police one hour to leave the Government House compound. After police refused to leave, protesters removed power cables that linked to the power meter of the Government House.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-12

I know, why I never wanted to become a policeman,- you always end up on the wrong side of the divide!

And now maybe without hot coffee, no water to rinse or shower and waste water sprayed at you.

And for what? For that guy out there in Dubai???

Now don't anybody tell me this is to uphold law and order, because law in Thailand is and has been always the law of the mighty and "order" has never been here, so there is nothing to uphold...

"They accused the police inside Government House of using slingshots against protesters."

Reaaaaaally? They are riot police with their full gear on hand and they would choose to use.. slingshots? Very credible.

Congrats to the police forces for keeping their cool (so far), when facing morons who want to spray shit on them.

Where does it say faeces is being sprayed?

Certainly in the worlds eyes they have are dragging down Thailand and boasting international respect for the caretaker PM. Probably the PTP will get re-elected with at least 60% majority next time. Keep it up elites, Kh ( don't call be stupid ) Suthep and the others, you are working so well for the PTP.

That's one of the fundamental truths about democracy that the democrats have always failed to realize. An inept politician in power is his own worst enemy. Give him enough time and rope and he will never fail to hang himself, and the PTP has no shortage of inepts (and neither do the other parties). Then you can reap the reward at the ballot box next election.

But no, they just can't wait until the next election, even though the amnesty bill and charter reform bill have been torpedoed by the courts, they just have to keep up their antics and steal the spotlight, so the whole world can see them hanging themselves.

I know, why I never wanted to become a policeman,- you always end up on the wrong side of the divide! And now maybe without hot coffee, no water to rinse or shower and waste water sprayed at you. And for what? For that guy out there in Dubai??? Now don't anybody tell me this is to uphold law and order, because law in Thailand is and has been always the law of the mighty and "order" has never been here, so there is nothing to uphold...

For that guy out there call Suthep???

• Like 1

So Suthep has unleashed his storm-troopers to bring bloodshed to what had been a remarkably peaceful few days of demonstrations.

Just what gave him (or his student thugs) the right to give an ultimatum to the police, or anyone else for that matter. I just hope that this revolting episode - threatening to spray sewage on people - will open a few peoples' eyes to what life will be like once the Dear Leader has siezed absolute power.

All Suthep needs is 1 death from the protesters side, so he can blame Yingluck the same as the Red-shirt blame him.

So far no luck. The Ram Uni incident don't count, because the only death (from the protesters) were not killed by the authorities.

• Like 2

"They accused the police inside Government House of using slingshots against protesters."

Reaaaaaally? They are riot police with their full gear on hand and they would choose to use.. slingshots? Very credible.

Congrats to the police forces for keeping their cool (so far), when facing morons who want to spray shit on them.

the police know what its like to be shit on now...not nice is it plod....zolt are you there to disprove the slingshot accusation i think not dont you...

not sure how the thais view this behaviour, as a westerner i view this behaviour coming from people with a less than adequate IQ

I wonder why the anti-govt protesters need to cover up the CCTV before invading the Govt house. I thought only Red shirts does that.

This is a photo taken this afternoon.

post-186336-0-53626100-1386840294_thumb.

the police know what its like to be shit on now...not nice is it plod....zolt are you there to disprove the slingshot accusation i think not dont you...

Nope wink.png I'm sitting here comfortably sipping my tea, secure in the knowledge that burden of proof is on the accuser. Considering the number of people with cameras around the protest area it shouldn't even be that difficult. Show me one picture of a cop with a slingshot at the site, and I will bow gracefully and admit my mistake.

Edited by Zolt

not sure how the thais view this behaviour, as a westerner i view this behaviour coming from people with a less than adequate IQ

What IQ would you put the red shirts in then, the leaders, and the sheep that took BKK by storm burn and pillage, deserved all they got and got off lightly, compared to even decently run countries. Never cry when you get hurt if you were the ones who led the siege. Any army would have done the same it was not on and to cap it all, was cheered along from Dubai.

• Like 2