dating a shy university girl

celso

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are not trying hit and run and if you really like her why hurry? Can't you have some patience for someone you like?

Sure I can.

But I've been seeing her twice a week for six weeks, isn't that a bit long? That's a genuine question, not rhetorical... I dont know Thai dating culture.

But I know in the UK, go more than a few dates and you still haven't even kissed.. you're going to get friendzoned very fast.

Your one true friend and saviour is alcohol. Few Baccardi's or Spy's and doors to eden will openbiggrin.png

-Lemoncake- You old dog saver, you are "nasty" yes.gifwink.png

• Like 1

To answer questions people asked:

-My Thai is basic. I understand some of it, but my pronunciation is horrible.

-Yes I have her facebook, we chat there most nights.

-I work as an English teacher at an international school. Yeah I'm young.. I started ELT at 21, straight out of university. I've worked in a lot of crap places, but my school here is fairly nice :)

OxfordWill your advice is excellent, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. She is much more comfortable expressing herself on chat, so next time we talk on there, I'll just ask her how she feels about PDA, relationships, etc, using the language you suggested. Then I'll know whether to wait, keep pushing, or if its not going to work.

I also agree with bangarang that at this point, and with all the ideas in this thread, I am likely overthinking. So - I'm going to take a break from the thread. I will talk to her over the weekend, and if anyone is curious I'll come back on Monday :) I wasn't expecting so many replies to my topic... I do find it funny I have been called both a shy wimp, and a disrespectful jerk.

Edited by celso
  • Like 1

If you are not trying hit and run and if you really like her why hurry? Can't you have some patience for someone you like?

Sure I can.

But I've been seeing her twice a week for six weeks, isn't that a bit long? That's a genuine question, not rhetorical... I dont know Thai dating culture.

But I know in the UK, go more than a few dates and you still haven't even kissed.. you're going to get friendzoned very fast.

Your one true friend and saviour is alcohol. Few Baccardi's or Spy's and doors to eden will openbiggrin.png

-Lemoncake- You old dog saver, you are "nasty" yes.gifwink.png

Nah, still young, just pervertedtongue.png

• Like 2

Tell her you've got a surprise present for her. Then tell her to shut her eyes. After that, kiss her (on the lips, cheek, or where ever you think is best).

See how she reacts. If she is offended, grossed out, screams etc. then tell her to eff off and find someone else.

Actually this is a good idea ... without the eff off part. Always be the gentleman.

I suggest when she closes her eyes you give her a gentle, short Thai sniff kiss on the cheek ... and leave it at that. If, indeed, she does freak out then be politely and respectfully honest and say you really want to be with her but she has to show some affection or you're moving on.

I gotta feeling she really wants to get closer but is too shy, inexperienced, and/or family-pressured to do so. You are the man so it's really up to you.

I've been here a year and this is the first I've heard of a "sniff kiss". The name sounds creepy.. how do you do it, what does it mean?

I should mention, I'm half italian and lived there for several years. I find it normal for to walk hand in hand, arm around each other, kiss goodbye, and thats just with friends! One of the things I find hardest in Thailand is how people say goodbye just by giving a little wave and walking off.

I have actually kissed this girl on the head a few times when saying goodbye at the bus stop (she's shorter than me so it is easy to do). Again she was smiling but didnt seem sure how to react.

But apart from our differences with PDA we get along really well, that's why I made this topic. I've met a lot of girls in bangkok and this is the first i think could be a potential girlfriend.

Thai sniff kiss, Joop, Joop = Placing your nose on her cheek or neck and inhale. How deep a person inhales can be a measure of their affection.

http://elearnthai.com/post/39531175854/thailand-kiss-in-thai

To answer questions people asked:

-My Thai is basic. I understand some of it, but my pronunciation is horrible.

-Yes I have her facebook, we chat there most nights.

-I work as an English teacher at an international school. Yeah I'm young.. I started ELT at 21, straight out of university. I've worked in a lot of crap places, but my school here is fairly nice smile.png

OxfordWill your advice is excellent, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. She is much more comfortable expressing herself on chat, so next time we talk on there, I'll just ask her how she feels about PDA, relationships, etc, using the language you suggested. Then I'll know whether to wait, keep pushing, or if its not going to work.

I also agree with bangarang that at this point, and with all the ideas in this thread, I am likely overthinking. So - I'm going to take a break from the thread. I will talk to her over the weekend, and if anyone is curious I'll come back on Monday smile.png I wasn't expecting so many replies to my topic... I do find it funny I have been called both a shy wimp, and a disrespectful jerk.

Mate, just put on some after shave and when you see her, ask her if she likes the smell.

Make sure she comes close to smell your neck, as she comes to smell, turn your head and lips will touch ie kiss.

If she slaps you in the face, you know the deal, if she is nervous or shy, that would break the waters and if she is just frigid, then you will most likely get a slap on the shoulder .

Easythumbsup.gif , Do not forget Thai girls love cartoons and silly "comedy" shows, so be funny and daring.Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

You saw her 12 whole times and you expect to be in her pants already. Despite the ideas many people have about this country, a lot of Thai girls are still quite old fashioned and not that 'easy'. If she is that type then she will not want to do the horizontal mambo with you until she is sure she wants to marry you and you have made very clear that you want to and plan to marry her. Be warned, some Thai girls are for life, not just for Christmas...

Fully agree.

Sure I can.

Alcohol is the word's best lubricant. Just a couple of drinks and her pants will slide off.

Somehow I think that this shy 20 y.o. university student would not be amused to find that her "boyfriend" has posted all the information about their relationship on the web to have a bunch of dirty old/young men offer suggestions as to how to get into her pants. In fact she might show the OP the Thai version of "feed the ducks".

the OP, could think like a lot of thai blokes, put the effort into the good girl, play the long game and you might have found a conservative, loyal and a girl to be with forever.

whilst the OP, fears getting blue-balls, ramp a few more sexually active girls, but do it like a thai, be discreet, ramp them but never be seen in public with them, learn where your gf has friends or family working and avoid those places.

dating and then marrying a traditional thai woman is not easy, but from my experience it is the best decision i probably ever made.

...but after six weeks it feels a bit lame that we still havent even kissed.

Mate, my now wife screamed when I attempted to give her a peck on the cheek after she dropped me off on her motorbike back to my hotel and we had been seeing each other for months.

There was no hanky panky or kissy kissy until we were married.

Your idea of courting and your girlfriend's idea are worlds apart.

Let me get this straight, you did nothing until you were married? In Thailand? I can't believe what I am reading. Waltering.

What's not to believe. He sounds fine with it and obviously his wife to be was as well.

Here's something else you may find hard to believe: Some people actually respect others moral values.

No this is just plain stupid, seriously get married before having sex what a load of nonsense I'm howling with laughter here

• Like 1

You saw her 12 whole times and you expect to be in her pants already. Despite the ideas many people have about this country, a lot of Thai girls are still quite old fashioned and not that 'easy'. If she is that type then she will not want to do the horizontal mambo with you until she is sure she wants to marry you and you have made very clear that you want to and plan to marry her. Be warned, some Thai girls are for life, not just for Christmas...

Who would meet a women 12 times without having sex with her? Sex is a normal thing for 2 people who like each other to do.

The only guys who do that sort of nonsense are those who have no other options or are little white knights and those ones end up never getting laid anyway.

I wonder if this was the same shy university 20 year old virgin who I had sex with last week? ;)

Let's be honest you don't want to marry this girl so <deleted> her or dump her. No point in messing around any longer. If you want sex make it clear. If she's not interested then move on.

• Like 2

Who would meet a women 12 times without having sex with her? Sex is a normal thing for 2 people who like each other to do.

The only guys who do that sort of nonsense are those who have no other options or are little white knights and those ones end up never getting laid anyway.

I wonder if this was the same shy university 20 year old virgin who I had sex with last week? ;)

Let's be honest you don't want to marry this girl so <deleted> her or dump her. No point in messing around any longer. If you want sex make it clear. If she's not interested then move on.

Did you give her 1000 baht jack Daniel bottle? 555

If there is a "no touch policy" in effect while you are dating, wait until you are married. Then, there will be a "No Kiss Policy": a "No Hug Policy", a "No Cuddle Policy", and a "No Canoodling Policy". It will be fun. Thai women who have a "No Touch Policy" in effect are always the ones who complain that the men are not faithful.

Find another woman. I personally need a little touching in my life.

Sure I can.

might be the only way you could get layed, but really a low life suggestion bah.gif

Sure I can.

might be the only way you could get layed, but really a low life suggestion bah.gif

I only wish i was as desirous, honorable, likeable, loveable, respectable, virtuous, worthy as you rolleyes.gif

I guess you prefer to pay by the hourw00t.gif

Edited by lemoncake

Dude, you must grow a pair of balls and take some risks- when in the right situation back at your flat. Learn from the master….

Point at your cheek and say Kiss goodbye?

OR

3 sec rule. Let the conversation trail off. Look at her in the eye whilst the conversation has stopped. If she looks back on a count of 3 sec then she wants to kiss.

• Like 1

Dude, you must grow a pair of balls and take some risks- when in the right situation back at your flat. Learn from the master….

Point at your cheek and say Kiss goodbye?

OR

3 sec rule. Let the conversation trail off. Look at her in the eye whilst the conversation has stopped. If she looks back on a count of 3 sec then she wants to kiss.

Or if there's a day of the week with a "Y" in it she's obviously gagging for it!