Suggestions for a dining venues w a seaview?

mike111

Yes, it's a beautiful sight from up there. Even the bar just off the lobby is great fun during the sunset.

I know it's not high up, but I like the beer garden on the right just before you enter Walking Street. Best right at sunset. It's quite nice at night, especially if you get one of the corner tables right on the water. Darkness covers up a lot of the ugliness!! 55555

Hilton

Oops...I thought he was talking about the Hilton restaurant. Posting before my first cup of coffee...sorry!

Yes, the Hilton has awesome views. The brunch is great. Sit out on the patio and enjoy the breeze and the view. The roof top bar is fantastic, but a bit pricey and enforces a bit of a dress code. Even the bar by the pool is pretty cool.

Good recommendation.

There is the roof top restaurant on top of Markland condo-hotel, soi 1, Beach Road. The place has a lot of potential but unfortunatley is NOT updated and the food is nothing special. The view is great and not as expensive as the Hilton. Too bad it doesn't have someone managing it with an updated vision-- seems to be locked in time, back in the 80's.

There is the roof top restaurant on top of Markland condo-hotel, soi 1, Beach Road. The place has a lot of potential but unfortunatley is NOT updated and the food is nothing special. The view is great and not as expensive as the Hilton. Too bad it doesn't have someone managing it with an updated vision-- seems to be locked in time, back in the 80's.

Sounds more like a warning rather than a recommendation.

• Like 1

We use to eat there a lot. The food has changed a lot, as noted above. Seems to be catering to the tour bus crowd now. Lovely location, but not what it use to be. And to be avoided at all costs on Friday or Saturday nights. It's mayhem then.

Go to Ban Amphur out of Pattaya south on sukhumvit past Ambassador Hotel.

Turn right at lights at Ban Amphur folliw road about 0 .75 k see second restaurant car park on right called Preecha in Thai

Very good fresh sea food

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by neilf

Preecha is a great place when it comes to the food and they do have a sea view, but the ambience is definitely lacking. Not that I wish they’d change the place, love to go there for their excellent cheap seafood.

At Rimpa lapim the view and ambiance is outstanding, but the food quality can vary quite a bit and they are a bit upscale on the pricing.

Pu Phen is one of my favorites in town, go there quite often and whether there’s construction or not don’t bother me too much, as Jomtien beach road divides the covered restaurant from the seaside tables anyway. Went there last week and had one of the best meals so far, kept talking on the way home if they have a new chef or not.
Not sure what UncleJ is about. As many Thai restaurants here, they might hand you a menu with pictures on it, however I’ve never noticed any dual pricing there.

As for Cabbage & Condoms, this is a place where I often take visitors for a meal. Everyone just love the settings and the stroll through the gardens. The food is a bit overpriced and the falang food is not something I’d recommend, however if you ask for the Thai dishes to served spicy it will usually be very good. Went last week and had Satay Gai, Yam Talay, Massaman Gai and Homok Talay, everything but the Homok, that was a bit watery, was just excellent.

Sounds more like a warning rather than a recommendation.

it is

my last visit resulted in hospital stay

Preecha is a great place when it comes to the food and they do have a sea view, but the ambience is definitely lacking. Not that I wish theyd change the place, love to go there for their excellent cheap seafood.

At Rimpa lapim the view and ambiance is outstanding, but the food quality can vary quite a bit and they are a bit upscale on the pricing.

Pu Phen is one of my favorites in town, go there quite often and whether theres construction or not dont bother me too much, as Jomtien beach road divides the covered restaurant from the seaside tables anyway. Went there last week and had one of the best meals so far, kept talking on the way home if they have a new chef or not.

Not sure what UncleJ is about. As many Thai restaurants here, they might hand you a menu with pictures on it, however Ive never noticed any dual pricing there.

As for Cabbage & Condoms, this is a place where I often take visitors for a meal. Everyone just love the settings and the stroll through the gardens. The food is a bit overpriced and the falang food is not something Id recommend, however if you ask for the Thai dishes to served spicy it will usually be very good. Went last week and had Satay Gai, Yam Talay, Massaman Gai and Homok Talay, everything but the Homok, that was a bit watery, was just excellent.

I didn't realize Pupen Seafood had the farang pricing until my Thai friend noticed the bill didn't match the menu she had read.

The waitress fixed the bill.... So yes, they hand farangs the scam menu here.

Preecha is a great place when it comes to the food and they do have a sea view, but the ambience is definitely lacking. Not that I wish theyd change the place, love to go there for their excellent cheap seafood.

Pu Phen is one of my favorites in town, go there quite often and whether theres construction or not dont bother me too much, as Jomtien beach road divides the covered restaurant from the seaside tables anyway. Went there last week and had one of the best meals so far, kept talking on the way home if they have a new chef or not.

Not sure what UncleJ is about. As many Thai restaurants here, they might hand you a menu with pictures on it, however Ive never noticed any dual pricing there.

As for Cabbage & Condoms, this is a place where I often take visitors for a meal. Everyone just love the settings and the stroll through the gardens. The food is a bit overpriced and the falang food is not something Id recommend, however if you ask for the Thai dishes to served spicy it will usually be very good. Went last week and had Satay Gai, Yam Talay, Massaman Gai and Homok Talay, everything but the Homok, that was a bit watery, was just excellent.

I didn't realize Pupen Seafood had the farang pricing until my Thai friend noticed the bill didn't match the menu she had read.

The waitress fixed the bill.... So yes, they hand farangs the scam menu here.

Interesting, thanks for explaining the circumstances. I’ll definitely check the two menus and the bill next time to see if there are any discrepancies.

Lots of hole in the wall seafood places along the coast between Jomtien and Bang Saray if you are into exploring a bit.

Take a smartphone / Google maps and explore that area.

Nice.

Another Seafood place I found on a fishing pier in Naklua needs mentioning.

Take Soi 12 and look for the Zign Hotel. Just before the hotel property a small lane leads to a rickety old fishing pier.

You will find a seafood restaurant there. Very scenic with the fishing fleet tied up.