Establish People's Council, or no Election: Suthep

webfact

Am I missing something here? Suthep says no people's council, no election. But if a people's council is appointed what's the use of the election on Feb 2? Spend 3.8 billion baht to elect MPs who do nothing until the people's council says so? Or have to go through another election when the council deems it appropriate - and waste another 3.8 billion?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" 'The faster Ms. Yingluck can resign' "... " 'the faster the nation will return to peace ' "

I believe the original quote was: "The sooner Hindenburg resigns, the faster the nation will return to peace".

I Googled the quote. The parallels are ominous.

I was also surprised to see that your post was already indexed!

• Like 2

Am I missing something here? Suthep says no people's council, no election. But if a people's council is appointed what's the use of the election on Feb 2? Spend 3.8 billion baht to elect MPs who do nothing until the people's council says so? Or have to go through another election when the council deems it appropriate - and waste another 3.8 billion?

There will never be another election when the peoples council is installed. They will remain the ultimate ruling body until the world explodes. When Suthep passes over to the otherside then the mantle of Supreme ruler will then probably be handed down to Suthep JR. A little like North Korea. The Democratic PEOPLES Republic of North Korea

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

" 'The faster Ms. Yingluck can resign' "... " 'the faster the nation will return to peace ' "

I believe the original quote was: "The sooner Hindenburg resigns, the faster the nation will return to peace".

I Googled the quote. The parallels are ominous.

I was also surprised to see that your post was already indexed!

"The parallels are ominous."

I don't think that the parallels that you're comparing are comparable. He (Supthep) is a bit bombastic and he's pushing it to extremes in his demands but he's still out there preaching it and it will really take extreme measures to have real reform in Thailand. It's his pitch and he's playing it to the hilt.

I don't however see the Third Reich emerging from this.

Suthep has/had a couple of arrest warrants, and the fact that he hasn't been arrested to this day does indicate that something else is going on behind the scenes. I'm not sure if it will be something good to know about. sad.png

Not really, when was anyone with money, let alone a politician arrested and charged with anything???

The only person ever charged and found guilty was Thaksin (but shhh it was not political!!!!)

Thaksin was charged, found guilty and sentenced. Then conveniently allowed to flee the country. Why was he never pursued with an international arrest warrant?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The term "loose cannon" comes to mind. He must know something I don't to carry on like this without getting busted for the Thai equivalent of treason. The Shins must know something to let him get away with it. Do they all believe he has the backing of the military?

What's going on that no one will touch him?

ask your Thai wife/gf who his connections/in-laws are and then you will know why he is so far untouchable...

Suthep has/had a couple of arrest warrants, and the fact that he hasn't been arrested to this day does indicate that something else is going on behind the scenes. I'm not sure if it will be something good to know about. sad.png

Not really, when was anyone with money, let alone a politician arrested and charged with anything???

The only person ever charged and found guilty was Thaksin (but shhh it was not political!!!!)

Thaksin was charged, found guilty and sentenced. Then conveniently allowed to flee the country. Why was he never pursued with an international arrest warrant?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Because everyone knows it was a complete sham! plus no one wants people looking into their affairs.

so lets just go back 4 weeks (or 2 years if you like) and pretend Suthep and the demonstrations never happened

We would still have the most power hungry - corrupt - none transparent - bunch of crooks and thieves that ever took office in Thailand with their prime leader a convicted criminal living abroad - running things, oh wait they still are

• Like 1

The term "loose cannon" comes to mind. He must know something I don't to carry on like this without getting busted for the Thai equivalent of treason. The Shins must know something to let him get away with it. Do they all believe he has the backing of the military?

ask your Thai wife/gf who his connections/in-laws are and then you will know why he is so far untouchable...

2006 - all over again, and I guess your wives/ gf will confirm similar associations.

• Like 1

Idiot.

What's he going to do attack voters and place fear into the community?

If he doesn't want to partake in the election that is up to him but don't start trying to instil fear into everyone else.

Sure. Let's change nothing and have another election because everything was going well in Thaksin controlled Thailand... Removing a few more checks and balances and everything should be good to go for another 4 years.

While everyone likes to rant and rave about the wealth of Thaksin he is only number 23 of the top 50 wealthiest people in Thailand from the last poll I saw. That means that suthep has the top 22 backing him with far more combined wealth than the Thaksin family could have ever had, these are the rich BKK elites that back Suthep now and have always backed this group along with the ties to the military. That is why he has not been touched and will never be touched, that is why none of them have ever been convicted even in odds of ocewhelming evidence and only people that oppose them recieve convictions.

Plus the 100's of other families with hundreds of millions in undisclosed wealth- no doubt much of it raped and pillaged from the country over the last 100 years, and by all accounts if they can get rid of the certain little fly in the ointment over the past 10 years they will get back to their position when everything is returned to 'normal'

• Like 1

I had to google 'absolute democracy' as i'd never heard of the term. This is what wikipedia said:

"an extreme form of a collective perception of order, based by the need of the human mind to control its surroundings and conduct a predictive view of perceiving the collective world."

If Sutheps running off at the mouth lunacy bringing ex-military dictators into the conversation ( and what a nice little potted history that guy has) means he's confident that he's got some serious backers for his "ideas" then in Thailand Thaksin isn't really the problem, despite being the problem.

• Like 1

"Absolute Democracy".. Sounds like a term DPRK, Mao Zedong or other failed communist experiment would use... Being the complete opposite of what a normal person defines Democracy like... History tells us that if he gets what he wants Thailand might be in for more serious problem than they faced in a very long time... Scary to say the least...

The only right move I can see the country take is a new election, and yea, PTP will probably win again, but so be it. The Democrats should get out in the provinces and fight to convince people to why they should change their minds, they will get much resistance in the beginning. But most of the PTP supporters wont be winning in the long run, and just as some "Farangs" get thrown out of the family when the money and support runs out, many PTP supporters will give up on them when they see that in fact nothing got better for them in the long run... And even though the process will be slow, it's the only democratic way I can see for changing the ruling side.

Just the fact that he refuses ANY form of negotiation and dialogue is scary enough, and shows well what kind of person he is... I smell doom... Doooooommmmmmmm

• Like 1