Pattaya Police search for suspected middle-eastern serial thief

webfact

Pattaya Police search for suspected middle-eastern serial thief

middle-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Friday, Pattaya Police were called to a convenience store in South Pattaya to investigate reports of a middle-eastern man who had reportedly stolen 15,000 Baht in cash from the store owner.

Officers met with Khun Malee, who directed investigators to her CCTV system which had recorded images of the suspect who was accompanied by a young girl thought to be the suspects 10 year old daughter.

The suspect, described as tall and middle-eastern in appearance, was preparing to buy a number of items which were placed in a plastic bag. The suspect handed over a 100 US Dollar Bill to cover payment of the items. Khun Malee informed the man that she could only accept Thai Baht. He claimed not to be familiar with Thai Currency and asked if he could see an example of the currency.

Khun Malee handed over 30,000 Baht in 1,000 Baht notes which were examined by the man. He then handed back the money and paid for the items with the Dollar Bill after Khun Malee agreed to accept foreign currency as payment of the goods.

Source: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/111887/pattaya-police-search-for-suspected-middle-eastern-serial-thief/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-13

Are there really people that stupid? If you hand over 30,000, and half is missing, dosent anyone notice? And who would hand over 30,000 in the first place? I must have spent my life in the wrong line of work. I didnt know that money could be gotten so easily in Thailand. This is the second time this trick has been reported.

While no one looks for Thai thieves, who steal 10 times the amountwhistling.gif

This month, had 2 robberies, both in the amounts of over 75 000 baht.

Police provided with all the details, including address, id cards, photo's, tabian baan and no action or reaction at all.

I guess they really trying to support local "workers"

• Like 1

Here's 30 1,000 baht notes so you can see what they look like? I'm hoping the reporter left some things out or misinterpreted the details. Otherwise, the shop clerk looks pretty foolish! Hopefully the CCTV footage can help sort this out.

Serial thief?

Doesn't there have to be more than one theft for it to be a serial thief? Did I miss the other times the "middle-eastern" person tried this along with his 10 year old daughter?

"Police recognized the suspect who is also wanted in connection with the theft of money from a Foreign Exchange Booth at Tops Supermarket in Central Pattaya."

Khun Malee handed over 30,000 Baht in 1,000 Baht notes which were examined by the man.

Plot:

K. Malee, helpful: "Here are 30 1,000baht notes for your viewing pleasure"

M-E Man, intrigued: "Thank you so much. Oh, they all look alike, how funny!"

K. Malee, proud: "Yes, that is the Thai way!"

M-E Man, returns half the money, preparing to leave: "Oh look behind you, there is an Orang Utan stealing your bananas! Bye, bye"

• Like 2

Serial thief?

Doesn't there have to be more than one theft for it to be a serial thief? Did I miss the other times the "middle-eastern" person tried this along with his 10 year old daughter?

"serial thief" refers to the serial numbers on the stolen Baht notes tongue.png

I know many people here of commented on why the store owner handed over 30 x 1000 THB, yes its very crazy indeed. How has this so called thief got to the center of Pattaya without seeing 1 THB note? Silly owner who must of been last in line when brains were handed out !

OO OO.

I wonder what Thai Baht looks like.

Here you are, examine 30 identical notes.

OK. I will now become a currency exchanger just for you.

You can have any exchange rate you want.

And then rip me off for sizable amount.

Nice doing business with you and your 10 year old daughter.

This story beggars belief.

Serial thief?

"Police recognized the suspect who is also wanted in connection with the theft of money from a Foreign Exchange Booth at Tops Supermarket in Central Pattaya."

I indeed remember that some time ago a similar theft was reported, where a foreign exchange employee handed over 100.000 Baht to a customer to " check ".

Not sure if it was at Tops, but I guess must have been the same.