Samsung and Apple are at it again in court battles all over the world. With
Apple’s claims that Samsung has stolen patented technology and Samsung
claiming Apple is lying and has actually stolen some of the Samsung
technology, the battles just keep on going. In fact, Samsung has tried to
get Apple banned from its home country recently. That may not have gone as
well as planned.

Getting Apple kicked out of South Korea

South Korea is the home country for Samsung, which is why the cell phone
manufacturer though it had a shot trying to get Apple products banned.
Samsung thought South Korea would see its side of the argument and
recognize Apple stole a bunch of its technology in recent years. And
Samsung wasn’t just going after iPhones. It tried to get all products
banned that may have infringed on Samsung’s technology, including iPhones,
iPads, and iPods. The court wasn’t going to give in that easy though. It
turns out Apple will be able to keep selling in South Korea for now. That
doesn’t mean Samsung won’t keep trying though.

Samsung not happy about it

A spokesperson from Samsung explained that they are very disappointed in
this decision, according to PC Magazine. She said, “As Apple has continued
to infringe our patented mobile technologies, we will continue to take the
measures necessary to protect our intellectual property rights.” It seems
Samsung has been losing a lot of court battles with Apple lately and has
even had to pay out settlements to Apple in the last year on multiple
occasions. Yet, the fight for who should be on top continues.

Will it ever end?

You might be thinking to yourself that all this fighting in court is
getting them nowhere. Apple and Samsung are not any better off after the
legal battles. One wins, and the other wins, and they just keep going to
court over every little legality. Is it even worth it? Well, the truth is
that neither of them will ever stop. If Apple decides to stop, they will
just get sued into the ground by Samsung, and vice versa. The only way to
really stop fighting over everything like this in court is to have both
companies decide to stop at the same time. And we all know that is unlikely.

Meanwhile in the States…

Meanwhile, back here in the states, the people don’t even care about the
legal fights anymore. There was a time when people got more involved and
were interested, but now it has just become the same old tune. People
buying their smartphones can still choose between Samsung and Apple for
their devices. And that is exactly what we want. We like being able to
choose despite the fight Apple and Samsung are constantly dealing with. And
the best part of the options here? We can even get the new Apple iPhone at
Walmart without a contract, according to the Huffington Post. You can have
your cake and eat it too, and that’s what being American is all about.

Mobile technology news brought to you by businesstexter.com

Source:

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2428270,00.asp

huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/no-contract-iphone-walmar_n_4433304.html?utm_hp_ref=business

Samsung are kicking Apple's arse in global sales, and Apple are extremely quick to spend money on lawyers rather than trying to come up with a better iPhone.

Since Jobs died, they appear to be stagnating somewhat.

Hopefully if and when they do get their 9 figure settlement they'll hand it over to their R&D department.

The only reason why Samsung does well is because it offers much more than Apple.

Apple was and is by far much more superior product, like it or not.

Yes Samsung offers all the features, which you do not use for most of the time and are simply useless.

Samsung started to copy Apple by creating some sort of "enviroment" as i like to call it, but Samsung also started to copy Microsoft by adding all the useless bloatware.

Apple is easy and simple to use, and this is why it is popular and does well.

Many people think they will need and use all the so called extra features, where in reality you do not.

Apple is a one touch operation, while with Samsung it takes 3-5 touches to do the same operation.

Naturally after Jobs has passed, Apple kind of lost its edge, but i think it will be regained eventually.

Bottom line is Apple looks for ways to simplify things, while Samsung keeps on adding things, Do people really want a complex machine or something easy to use?!

• Like 1

The only reason why Samsung does well is because it offers much more than Apple.

Yes Samsung offers all the features, which you do not use for most of the time and are simply useless.

Samsung started to copy Apple by creating some sort of "enviroment" as i like to call it, but Samsung also started to copy Microsoft by adding all the useless bloatware.

Many people think they will need and use all the so called extra features, where in reality you do not.

Apple is a one touch operation, while with Samsung it takes 3-5 touches to do the same operation.

Naturally after Jobs has passed, Apple kind of lost its edge, but i think it will be regained eventually.

Bottom line is Apple looks for ways to simplify things, while Samsung keeps on adding things, Do people really want a complex machine or something easy to use?!

I'm into Samsung and I don't like complex I like something easy to use which I find Samsung to be...Oh and a good freind of mine was an apple man until he saw me playing with my note, he'd been an apple man preacher and everything else was inferior to him...Now to him apple sucks and he's a Samsung preacher...Funny how things like a Samsung can change you...:o

I'm into Samsung and I don't like complex I like something easy to use which I find Samsung to be...Oh and a good freind of mine was an apple man until he saw me playing with my note, he'd been an apple man preacher and everything else was inferior to him...Now to him apple sucks and he's a Samsung preacher...Funny how things like a Samsung can change you...ohmy.png

I must admit Samsungs phones do look more fun, however i still believe are much more complicated and too "bloated"

I was so breathtaken by the note 3, that i bought it. However after 2 weeks, i got rid of it, because while it was fun playing with it when bored, i found it was too time consuming in comparison to Apple to get things done,

Of course it could also be a matter of habit.

@lemoncake...

I used to be Nokia for many years, I knew how to use them so wouldnt try anything else until one day I did, and I'm glad I did, yeah it is about habit but sometimes a change of habit makes you realise that there's more to life than what we are used to...

Same could be said about coming to Thailand for the first time and discovering pastures new...

Lifes like a box of chocolates..

Though a bit cheaper than a note 3 to get rid of after only 2 weeks....:P

@lemoncake...

I used to be Nokia for many years, I knew how to use them so wouldnt try anything else until one day I did, and I'm glad I did, yeah it is about habit but sometimes a change of habit makes you realise that there's more to life than what we are used to...

Same could be said about coming to Thailand for the first time and discovering pastures new...

Lifes like a box of chocolates..

Though a bit cheaper than a note 3 to get rid of after only 2 weeks....tongue.png

Did i mention i also bought Galaxy Gear with itlaugh.png

People who say this don't realise how flexible Android is.

If you download an app called Themer you can basically completely change, on demand, what's on the screen and how it displays.

So if people want just a handful of basic one touch apps on their screen, they can.

If they're like me, they have groups for things like email, network tools, browsers, etc.

Very flexible and that's what, to me, makes it a far more attractive option than the iphone.

The iphone is still too small as well. I guess they are afraid to make a big one for fear of being sued back.

biggrin.png

People who say this don't realise how flexible Android is.

If you download an app called Themer you can basically completely change, on demand, what's on the screen and how it displays.

So if people want just a handful of basic one touch apps on their screen, they can.

If they're like me, they have groups for things like email, network tools, browsers, etc.

Very flexible and that's what, to me, makes it a far more attractive option than the iphone.

The iphone is still too small as well. I guess they are afraid to make a big one for fear of being sued back.

biggrin.png

That was kind of my point. With Apple, one does not need to be tech savvy or even understand much, all is there already with just one touch.

I'm into Samsung and I don't like complex I like something easy to use which I find Samsung to be...Oh and a good freind of mine was an apple man until he saw me playing with my note, he'd been an apple man preacher and everything else was inferior to him...Now to him apple sucks and he's a Samsung preacher...Funny how things like a Samsung can change you...ohmy.png

I've flirted the las couple week with getting the the Note 3 and selling my beloved 4S. Finally decided though that my 4S as a phone does everything I need very efficiently and the Note 3 while very beautiful takes a lot more manipulation. If I want fun I have my iPad. If I want to get to business I have my iPhone.