Where to buy genuine Win 8.1 here please ?

drx13

I have googled this with no satisfactory results. Cannot (not allowed !)to buy online from Microsoft.

I have d/l the Enterprise Trial Edition and despite all the discouraging comments on the web, find it OK to use.

Have been running "pantip" XP for years.Looked at the pantip 8.1, the readme to install is like a manual for an astronaut.

Why??? Win 7 is the best MS has come up with. 8 or 8.1 is an abysmal failure. If you're actually going to spend good money, get 7, or do as I do, and get a hold of the enterprise win 7 edition, it runs for 90 days and can be reactivated 5 times, that is 1.5 years, after which time, it's probably time for a new comp , or a reformat.

• Like 1

From whence did you get the story that you cannot buy it online via 'Microsoft'?

Windows 8.1

It can be purchased the same way, as in many countries; buy running the Windows 8 Upgrade assistant. There are also options for downloading and creating an image for 8.1. Look to the web for suitable guides.

Not that I'm recommending it. Just advising that it is freely available.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu
  • Like 1

it's because of windows 8 that many countries are going to stop buying US software for it has a direct backdoor to the NSA.

Many countries have stopped using it and are considering going to a straight linux system because it does the same thing.

Windows 7 Ultimate I think is by far the best one out there yet if you want to go the windows route.

• Like 2

Windows 8.1 isn't that good it freezes and many other programs are simply not compatible with it. now is not a good time to invest in it. i find that windows 8 is far better.

I have WIndows 8 and 8.1 installed at a few Computers and it is running perfect at all of it. So you must have another problem, not direct Windows 8.1 related. BTW, Windows 8.1 is better as 8.0.

If you login with an account created outside Thailand you may not be able to buy on the Thai Microsoft website. There are price differences between Microsoft programs in Thailand and New Zealand for example. I recently bought a laptop for my daughter in NZ and it was cheaper to buy the Windows 8 here and post it to her than for her to buy it in NZ.

You need to purchase Windows 8 (Version that applies to you..ie; english, Thai etc ), then go to Microsoft web site to downlod the free 8.1 Version.( The 8.1 version brought back the start button in the lower left corner). Once you get used to where things are, it is quite fast and easy to get around. I read somewhere that there is version 8.2 coming out to supposedly bring back the traditional Start Menu as in the earlier versions of Windows.

I know that at IT City and BananaIT here in western Bangkok at the Bangkhae Mall they have Win 8.1 Single Language, Win 8.1 International, and Win 8.1 Pro. I only remember the Win 8.1 SL (Eng) price which was Bt3590.

• 7 months later...

Windows 8 works great. I bought online from the MS store when it first hit the market for $39usd, full version. Not even sure I want to "upgrade" to Win 8.1 (MS keeps asking) I did register my original MS account inside the US.

Did you do it from within the MS upgrade kit software, or is there a direct link that you bought it from microsoft website. I cannot seem to find it on the actual microsoft webpage. I see product info, but no 'add to cart' button.

Why??? Win 7 is the best MS has come up with. 8 or 8.1 is an abysmal failure. If you're actually going to spend good money, get 7, or do as I do, and get a hold of the enterprise win 7 edition, it runs for 90 days and can be reactivated 5 times, that is 1.5 years, after which time, it's probably time for a new comp , or a reformat.

Buy win7 Pro to tie you over till Win 9 comes out.

I hate Win8

• Like 2