Australian needs a document certified.

Ned

Many years ago I had a document certified by the oz consul in Sansai. I read on the official website recently that that can't be done anymore.

I need to make a partial withdrawal from my super account and I need an aussie police officer, or JP , nurse, pharmacist etc with oz qualifications to certify a copy of my passport details.

Has anyone out there done this recently in CM? I don't want to have to go Bangkok just to do this.

Thanks in advance.

You have my commiserations.... I too had to get certified paperwork raised for my estranged wife back in the Phils in order to sell some land. After a lot of too and fro and at some expense (Via DHL couriers and lawyers costs), the land office would not accept my authorised, authenticated and certified Power of Attorney letter.

Bureaucrasy is alive and well in the Phils... if however I repeat the whole saga but get everything certified in the NZ Embassy in BKK all will be okay. Or so Im told. The possibly cheaper venue for me is to go to the Philippines and sign docs. Not something I wish to do.

Im not aware of any Aussie notary public in CM, however I hope some TV member knows of someone suitable to save you all the possible heart ache and subsequent dick around.

Good Luck! wai.gif

There is a JP in Chiang Mai who has volunteered his services in the past. If no on else throws up his name or an alternative I will start digging as I am think I have his details 'somewhere'.

As this is high season I suggest asking at guesthouses to put a note up asking someone in the list of people eligible to ring you. I am sure you will find someone to help for the sake of a few beers.

I believe there are some Australian policemen based near Airport Plaza but doubt they would be willing to help mere mortals.

had to have paperwork certified by the Australian consulate just a few weeks ago, Bangkok was the only way to do it, they will site the original then certify a photocopy for you which is acceptable but make sure you do not need a translated version as well, they hit me with that after I had done everything else immigration wanted me too do and have to wait another week now as the translation mob are "extremely" busy.

had to have paperwork certified by the Australian consulate just a few weeks ago, Bangkok was the only way to do it, they will site the original then certify a photocopy for you which is acceptable but make sure you do not need a translated version as well, they hit me with that after I had done everything else immigration wanted me too do and have to wait another week now as the translation mob are "extremely" busy.

Many documents for Australian use do not have too be certified by the embassy. They can be certified by any Austrailian who has a wide variety of occupations.

Many documents for Australian use do not have too be certified by the embassy. They can be certified by any Austrailian who has a wide variety of occupations.

Aust Fed Police. Talk to the consul in Sansai.

I spoke to the honary Aus consul here (Chiang Mai ) just the other day, He advised that a jp can only sign documents within Australia.

Not strictly true.

Depend on which state the JP is a JP of. Whether the document relates to that state or another state law. Whether the document relates to federal law. Most federal JP requirements have been replaced with occupational ones such as school teacher, accountant, pharmacist, policeman.

OP, are you sure they won't accept certification from a Thai Notary Public?

In short NO. Thailand is not a signature the Internationale agreement for Notary by the UN and as so a notary is only recognized if done by your embassy or consulate. People have gotten themselves into trouble and lost court cases back home because of this.

• Like 1