Away long time - Visa for Retirement.

Hi,

My wife and I - both none Thai - obtained our 12 month Non Immi O Visa for Retirement last February.

Within a month or so of organised and settled in Chiang Mai and enjoying the life style - a family problem came up that had us back to Europe to sort out.

Left correctly obtaining 're-entry' permits - dated up until late Feb 2014.

We figured to be away only for a couple of months but problem has meant that we are unlikley to get back to Thailand until maybe a few weeks before 're-entry' runs out.

Question is are the powers that be going to query why we were away so long??

Will they be happy to renew our Visa for Retirement??

Necessary Funds are still in bank etc have been all along.

Just do not want to go through the rigamarole of starting to get that Retirement Visa all over again.

Grateful for opinions.

Thnxs. FS

No questions will be asked.

Apply for your new annual extension when you return. Don't wait until the last day.

Typically people apply 30 days early.

Of course you DO need to reenter Thailand while your current reentry permit (and current annual stay) remains valid.

He said they got their retirement visas last February 2013. Would they not be OK with their current visas until Feb 2015 without filing for an extension of stay, as long as they re-enter before late Feb 2014?

I am assuming that their so-called retirement visa is in reality an O-A visa instead of an O-visa as was stated in the OP.

He said they got their retirement visas last February 2013. Would they not be OK with their current visas until Feb 2015 without filing for an extension of stay, as long as they re-enter before late Feb 2014?

I am assuming that their so-called retirement visa is in reality an O-A visa instead of an O-visa as was stated in the OP.

The OP stated they had re-entry permits which is very good clue they have an extension of stay not visa.

• 11 months later...

The OP stated they had re-entry permits which is very good clue they have an extension of stay not visa.

Hi ubonjoe,

Sorry never thanked one and all - just back on Thia Visa as getting ready to get back 'home' to Chiang Mai.

Yes well spotted you are correct - we got our paperwork at Chiang Mai Immi.

By the way we really rate those guys & ladies at Immi - have always been helpful to us - how they cope day after day with the 'rugby scrum' I do not know.

But they do and we noticed on last visit that they are gradually sorting the system - so that it 'goes with the flow'.

Best Rgds.