Bangkok: Missing 6 year old girl feared dead

webfact

Missing 6 Year Old Girl Feared Dead
By Khaood Online

6g.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The 6 year old girl who went missing is feared dead, after rescue workers uncovered a skull and personal items believed to belong to her.

The girl, nicknamed Cartoon, went missing from her family in Bangkok on 6 December. The efforts to locate her were primarily led by Mirror Foundation, a charity group with experience in finding missing children. Many on social network also shared photo of the girl in hope that she would be recognised.

The last-known lead on her location came on Saturday when police reported that a CCTV footage has revealed an unidentified man walking with Cartoon at the Bearing BTS Station.

However, rescue workers have uncovered human remains late last night in Bang Na district of Bangkok, including a small skull. Nearby, the search team found shorts worn by Cartoon on the day she went missing.

Inside the pockets the rescue workers reportedly found a piece of chocolate Cartoon′s father had bought for her.
Further search efforts in the area uncovered a skeleton, Cartoon′s t-shirt. The police also found a used condom and lubricant gel.

As of Sunday afternoon, the area remains closed to the public, with police forensic teams combing the ground for more evidences.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE56QTVNek01TWc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2013-12-16

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After only 10 days the body was reduced to a skeleton and skull? Decomposition was that fast?

Odd, isn't it?

The human body was reduced to a skeleton, but there was still chocolate in her pocket? That doesn't add up. Ants eat chocolate.

The TV news said the guy admitted to the killing and they know it is her.

This is a tragically sad story. But at least the alleged killer has been caught. According to the thai news he had abducted girls before - although not murdered them as suggested.

As for that skull - That is not her skull. It would take at least 8 months to have all the flesh removed and be in that condition. Google Forensic Entomology to give yourself an overview of the decomposition process and time spans involved for an exposed body to fully degrade.

• Like 2

RT@RichardBarrow: Police have arrested a man for the rape & murder of Nong Cartoon - RT @TanisornKag: จับแล้ว! คนร้ายลัก น้องการ์ตูน สารภาพฆ่าข่มขืน

RT@veen_NT: The murderer confessed that he strangled her until she was unconscious. He said he didn't know Cartoon was dead. via @Chu_SpringNews

After only 10 days the body was reduced to a skeleton and skull? Decomposition was that fast?

Very suspicious. Perhaps the girl was missing long before it was reported. In many cases, if not most, child kidnappings, sexual assault and homicides are committed by people who have close ties or are known to the family. Definitely needs more investigation.

What a SAD story.... Definitely need to read the BKK Post story today on the arrest of a previously convicted sex offender for raping and strangling this girl. According to the Post article, the guy has confessed.

The girl's father had taken her to a Luk Thung concert at Suk Soi 105, but she got sleepy at night, so she went to sleep alone in the family's pickup truck, and the father went back to the concert. That's where the suspect guy, drunk on lao khao and beer, found her.

Man nabbed in 6 yo girl's sexual assault, murder

1387158771_1.jpg
Footage taken from Bearing skytrain station captured a suspect leading the six-year-old victim down the station before he sexually assaulted and strangled her.

BANGKOK: -- After an intense 10-day hunt, police have arrested a man who allegedly kidnapped a six-year-old girl from a look thoong concert at Sukhumvit Soi 105, sexually assaulted her and then strangled her.

The suspect, identified only as Nui, 32, is a convicted child abductor who worked as a labourer for a look thoong music band that the girl’s father took her to see on the night she went missing.

The Khon Kaen native was arrested in Thabo district of Nong Khai on Sunday afternoon after a witness recognised the suspect when he went with the band to a show in the northeastern province and alerted local police.

Nui served three years and eight months in jail for snatching a child under 15 years and was released from prison on Aug 23 last year, according to police. He will be presented to a press conference in Bangkok and provide further details on the case on Monday.

On the night of Dec 6, Sayan Petchdon took his daughter to see a look thoong concert near Sukhumvit Soi 105 (Soi Lasalle) near Bearing BTS station with seven other friends in a pickup truck. The concert, which starred the “Mai Thai Hui Jai Silp” band, started at 9pm, so when the girl felt sleepy at 10.20pm, he took her to sleep in the pickup.

He stayed with her for 10 minutes, then went back to the concert which ended at 11pm. He did not find her when he returned to the pickup.

Mr Sayan and his friends searched for the girl and later filed a complaint with officers at Bang Na police station after they asked to see CCTV footage at a 7-11 convenience store nearby and found she had been led away by an unidentified man.

Police investigators also found security footage at Bearing BTS station that had captured the suspect who kidnapped the girl and sought a warrant for his arrest.

The high-profile case made progress at 2.30am Sunday, when a passer-by discovered a human skull in a deserted area adjacent to Sukhumvit Soi 105 and alerted Bang Na police station.

An Initial inspection indicated that the skull was likely to be of a girl aged between six and eight years, who had died not more than a week earlier.

Police searched the nearby area and found purple floral short pants with turtle-shaped chocolate candies in one pocket.

Mr Sayan confirmed the pants were worn by his daughter on the night she disappeared.

A team of police investigators returned to the scene at 11am with two sniffer dogs and were able to collect more evidence after a 30 minute search.

The girl’s disappearance grabbed public attention after her story and pictures, including ones taken from the security camera footage, were shared on Facebook to gather leads about her and the suspect.

Pol Col Thawatchkiet Jindathawornsanong, chief of Bang Na police station, who led the team, said officers found human bones believed to be from the back part of the victim’s body, a cluster of hair and a green T-shirt from different spots in the same area.

Reports said Mr Sayan, who was present at both search operations, burst into tears when police showed him the green T-shirt collected from the scene. He told police the T-shirt was one he had bought for his daughter. “I’m sorry my girl. I shouldn’t have left you [in the pickup truck]. The mean man hurt you,” he said.

Nui allegedly confessed that before the incident, he drank a bottle of the local lao khao (white liquor) and four cans of beer. He walked past the concert to buy some more beers and spotted the girl sitting alone in the pickup truck. He then offered to buy her candies and asked the girl to go with him.

The suspect said he led the girl across Bearing BTS station to the other side of the road and found a desolate dark soi where he raped her and strangled her.

He claimed he thought the girl had only passed out when he abandoned her.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-12-16

Tragic incident. In any civilized world the father would be prosecuted for gross neglect.

Hope he spends every day of the rest of his life realizing this was entirely his fault. Hope the concert was worth it. Pathetic.

I would hope that in a civilized country he would not be prosecuted.

• Like 2

It's so terrible, almost not imaginable, a human can do something like that.

I hope this time they will use some common sense and never let this guy walk free anymore.

I am totally not violent guy - never been involved in any fight - but if somebody would do something like that to my family, I would without any doubt kill him if I would get the chance.

It think it terrible you guys blame the father. He has never asked for this, nor is it reasonable to expect something like this. We are all trying to be good parents, but nobody is perfect. One small mistake can have huge consequences, bad things can happen to anyone of us.

I near totally agree with you feelings, I would may do as you said - posters I believe are just not blaming the farther for this, mistakes do happen parents slip up to their cost. BUT you have to look at this in the way many parents behave here, neglect YES, why would a 6 year old kid be dragged off to a concert at 11pm at night, just because a parent wants to watch a gig ??? sorry but she paid a heavy price for being left in a truck. The kid should have been in a cozy bed asleep.

To my mind this is not just an error it is bad parental care.

Shocking state of affairs anyway for some lousy sneaking stinking sicko to be around using his strength to have sexual satisfaction. Before he is SHOT he should be put in a cell with some nice inmates by (mistake) for a week or two.

You have left this ugly dirty world, I hope you are now flying high in a much more beautiful and magical world, I'm so sorry for the pain you suffered here on Earth.

RIP. /cry

My 6 year old daughter was watching the news this morning, when I showered. She told me parts of this story. Now sitting in office I can literally cry. How can you fully protect your child against psychopaths? Risk analysis is my daily 'routine' here and it is exhausting.

Not leaving your child in the back of a pick up truck alone late at night while you are watching a concert is a start.

• Like 2

This is all very odd, a skull and skeleton, condom and lube, and her clothes. As someone else pointed out, a period of several months are required for a body to become a skeleton. That seems to point to more than one victim, and if this is the case, where is the most recent one? But the authorities stated that the skull was that of a recently deceased 6-8 yr old. And condom and lube? Perhaps the area is used by kids having their first nuptials. All very odd .....

Tragic incident. In any civilized world the father would be prosecuted for gross neglect.

Hope he spends every day of the rest of his life realizing this was entirely his fault. Hope the concert was worth it. Pathetic.

I would hope that in a civilized country he would not be prosecuted.

I disagree with you Mario. The reason that the girl was vulnerable to this sickening crime squarely rests on the shoulders of her father. She was his responsibility and he let her down because he wanted to see a show.