Former Thai PM Thaksin calls on Asia to enhance economic integration

webfact

LOL!! Nice one Jay!!! But once the maid has swept the driveway etc I turn into "wind up man" winder up of dimwitted couch warriors!!!

Feel free to call yourself anything you like, Mr "wind up man".

Where I come from your type are known as "trolls", who try their best to "wind up" people on forums and insult them with names like "dimwitted couch warriors".

All because it is the only way you can get your jollies.

There's that charge again...500 baht per vote. Why would you pay such an exorbitant amount for votes, when the great majority of people in the "red" provinces are already going to vote PT for free?

I don't doubt that this goes on, but I do dispute the 500 baht amount. I have never seen any reports of people admitting that they were paid by either party for their vote. Maybe this mostly happens in the provinces closer to BKK, where there might be close numbers of red and yellow potential voters.

Don't know about the rest of the country but my wife's family in Surin "sell" their vote to PTP or whoever Thaksin is involved with, every time elections are held.

My mother-in-law says she votes for whoever is paying for her vote, in other words, PTP. So much for the majority of Thailand loving Thaksin. They love whoever is paying the most for their love. biggrin.png

Interesting Mike. Wifey's family are in Sisaket. They tell me they got 500 baht to vote PTP last time, But, its conditional on the whole village voting PTP, The headman is responsible for delivering the village, not just single votes. Any "dissenters" would receive appropriate visits to persuade them. For the good of the village.

It's as much about peer pressure and outright intimidation as it is bribery.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a disgrace for S E Asia, allowing a convicted criminal to attend, let alone address, the meeting.

You state he is a criminal, maybe, but at least one with some brain , I am sure this negative quotes does not come from people doing business.

Correct me if I am wrong, and with business, i don't mean bar-owners....

Notice the red shirts are praising the new election. Stacks of 500 Baht notes will be available to insure that this varmint controls and ruins the country for the 6th.

Sell your vote and you love yourself more than your country.

Tell me, If the country is so cash strapped then just where is these "500 bath notes" for vote buying coming from???

What a steaming pile of buffalo dungblink.png

The money comes from Dubai. For every million spent on votes, a billion is recouped in Governmental corrupt practices. My heart bleeds for Thailand's people.

I think your heat would be bleeding much more, and even cause your dead if Suthep becomes the leader he want's to become.

Notice the red shirts are praising the new election. Stacks of 500 Baht notes will be available to insure that this varmint controls and ruins the country for the 6th.

Sell your vote and you love yourself more than your country.

Tell me, If the country is so cash strapped then just where is these "500 bath notes" for vote buying coming from???

What a steaming pile of buffalo dungblink.png

The money comes from Dubai. For every million spent on votes, a billion is recouped in Governmental corrupt practices. My heart bleeds for Thailand's people.

I think your heat would be bleeding much more, and even cause your dead if Suthep becomes the leader he want's to become.

Sorry, mean your heart !

I agree with aguy, I don't think this is a very significant forum, and Thaksin's comments are just fluff. One Asia ? that's even less likely than one Europe. There's probably even less consensus amongst Asian countries than there is in Europe. Thaksin is still a small player in this part of the world, but his 'delusions of grandeur' problem has kicked in.

Not One Asia. Probably he meant "My Asia"

He is always in the delusion mode.

I just love the way people like you scrabble to the keyboards at the first chance to slaughter Thaksin, who it seems is still loved by the majority of Thais. Excellent work!

They don't love Thaksin, they love how he makes them think they can get rich like him. They love the hand-outs he promises. They love how he cheats (on taxes and everything else) and almost gets away with it.

• Like 1

I just love the way people like you scrabble to the keyboards at the first chance to slaughter Thaksin, who it seems is still loved by the majority of Thais. Excellent work!

They don't love Thaksin, they love how he makes them think they can get rich like him. They love the hand-outs he promises. They love how he cheats (on taxes and everything else) and almost gets away with it.

That maybe right or maybe they just don't like the idea of a man who organizes killings and treason as Suthep has been accused of? Maybe they don't want to have 1000 adults blowing whistles at their own children under the oerder of somebody like Suthep? Maybe the lesser of two evils is what they like? Maybe they don't like the 2 tier class system and feel they too are human beings even if their parents could not afford an education past the age of 11?

That maybe right or maybe they just don't like the idea of a man who organizes killings and treason as Suthep has been accused of? Maybe they don't want to have 1000 adults blowing whistles at their own children under the oerder of somebody like Suthep? Maybe the lesser of two evils is what they like? Maybe they don't like the 2 tier class system and feel they too are human beings even if their parents could not afford an education past the age of 11?

Maybe they prefer having someone tell who to vote for either by offering a few hundred baht or outright intimidation or both

Every democratic country in the world has classes - it doesn't mean they don't have the right and freedom to vote as they wish

It is part of the EC's duty to make sure it doesn't happen - I believe Thaksin/PTP own the EC which is fundamentally wrong

We need to accept that we live in 2 different countries, The Peoples Republic Of Chinese-Thai Bangkok and The Peoples Republic Of Isan and North". With 38 million people in the country working and only 2 million paying taxes what can you expect. It has been like this for the past 30 years.