Kratom decriminalized in Thailand...

dblaisde

Is this stuff legal or illegal in Thailand?

Still illegal same with weed, will probably stay illigal for a long time its great to put people in jail for it and extort money. So doubt they will make it legal.

Thanks, very strange that it is still illegal sounds like it could help a lot of people suffering with chronic pain

You could say that about marijuana and the opiates, but the puritans don't like them, so you're not allowed to have them. Because they know better than you how you should structure your life, It was ever the way with interfering busybodies who get some power.

Freedom of choice? Only if it conforms with what they have decided you can cope with. After all, they are the 'experts', and they know you better than you know yourself.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

a bit off-topic, but when I went to buy rubber glue (called 'rubber cement' in US), the hardware guy said they sell out, because young boys buy the stuff.   It's doubtful the boys are doing so much repairing of shoes.  I should tell the Hardware store owner not to sell the stuff to kids, but he's Thai, and you know how Thais hate for farang to suggest they do things differently.

17 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

a bit off-topic, but when I went to buy rubber glue (called 'rubber cement' in US), the hardware guy said they sell out, because young boys buy the stuff.   It's doubtful the boys are doing so much repairing of shoes.  I should tell the Hardware store owner not to sell the stuff to kids, but he's Thai, and you know how Thais hate for farang to suggest they do things differently.

Yes....you're right, that is, pretty much totally off topic.....

I do know that in Borneo rubber farmers have replaced that crop with kratom as they get more for it. At the time of the doco I watched kratom was legal there. I am not sure about its status now, though it seems that a lot of the kratom that is sold, dried and powdered in the U.S is from Indonesia. IF Thailand legalised it someone...could make some pretty decent moola.....Surely they know this and that is why it is/ was being considered.

1] Kratom is not drug. Kratom's = coffee. It will give you energy. That's it. Not addictive. If you're going to drink coffee for a really long time and stop, you will also get some minor withdrawal syptoms. Same kratom.

2] It was mainly banned because drivers were using to drive long distances which resulted in accidents. Same way we could ban Redbull or coffee. It was also banned because opium users were using it as substitue when they coulnd't put their hands on opium. Well, why not let them eat leaves instead of opium?

3] It's a tree that lives in a jungle. And leaves are consumed in raw form. How you wanna ban a tree?

I'm not using it. I don't use any drugs. Just seems stupid to me to ban kratom in the first place.