Kratom decriminalized in Thailand...

dblaisde

So says "The Kratom News" in this unintentionally rather amusing broadcast. Does anyone have confirmation about this?

Many people have found it to be very useful for pain control and relaxation, without disorientation and lack of coordination (at least in moderate doses). It's also been successful for weaning people off heroin. It's an interesting drug with many different alkaloids and deserves scientific study, of which there's not much. Banning it (as is being talked about in the US) would make it very hard to do research on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kvIELu76Qsk

I have been looking at it for chronic pain but am not up on the best way to use it etc plus I am a bit unsure about it. I was on regular opoids for the pain but have weened myself of them and will only use them when it is extreme as they were really damaging to my health, kratom seems like a pretty good alternative but I know bugger all about it and do not want to use it till I know more. I have a access through people my wife knows(they grow it themselves) if I want it and pretty cheap too but until it is legal and I know more about it I will just sit on the fence.

infinity11--

Decriminalization isn't the same thing as legalization. The former means that you won't go to jail anymore, but may be fined--like a traffic ticket.

But I'm still not sure that it in fact *is* decriminalized, as alleged by the video I posted. I'd hoped for confirmation here (or at least confirmation that it *hadn't*) but nobody seem to know much (or care?). I *much* prefer kratom to beer, BTW. No hangovers, no falling down. But a nice lucid relaxation.

• Like 2

Nice.....a few years ago I went with the wife to visit some relatives and they gave us a ton of fruits and things to take back home (they have a lot of fertile land). Uncle had offered this to my wife and she said no, better not as we are driving a long distance. So, uncle got it into his head to tuck it underneath a seat among all the other fruit (the back of the car was really packed). Drove a few thousand kilos with that in the car. Unfortunately, we didn't know about it so it rotted in the heat in the car and I finally fished it out looking for what was causing the smell.

When I showed the wife (hahaha....I took it out of the car and carried the whole lot to the apt in broad daylight...whatever, guess it looks like any leaf to the unanointed like me) she said "oh...we shouldn't have taken that with us...it is illegal now, but it used to be legal, so "lung" just wanted my parents to have it, I guess."

Never got to try it, hahaha.

We have a kratom tree in our garden in Khao Yai.

It is not illegal to own it -local orbotor said-; but it is illegal to commercialize the leaves.

Actually at the present time it is illegal

The Kratom Act of 2486 specifically states it is illegal to grow and existing ones to be cut down. In early October it went under its 3rd review since 1990 to remove it from the illicit drug list. They expected to know the decision in 2 months, which would make it this month.

• Like 1

It is not illegal to own it -local orbotor said-; but it is illegal to commercialize the leaves.

The told me in the south, that it is absolute illegal to have a kratom tree. The complete plant is illegal crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

In Nakhon Si Thammerat they have huge problems with it. The kids "extract" the substances out of it with coke and drink way too much of it and get complete crazy.

They told me the difference is like chewing coca leaves or taking cocaine.

I am against restricting any narcotics, as it doesn't work, but I can understand that people don't like Kratom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The told me in the south, that it is absolute illegal to have a kratom tree. The complete plant is illegal crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

In Nakhon Si Thammerat they have huge problems with it. The kids "extract" the substances out of it with coke and drink way too much of it and get complete crazy.

They told me the difference is like chewing coca leaves or taking cocaine.

I am against restricting any narcotics, as it doesn't work, but I can understand that people don't like Kratom.

People who compare kratom with cocaine show they have absolutely no idea about the substance(s) themselves.

• Like 2

Agreed but couldn't you say the same of any opiate related painkiller?

you're up early (or late).

Yes, the same can be said. tramadol was released as an over the counter drug in America because, supossedly, it takes a lot to become addicted. I don't know if that is true or not.

That's why I am interested in Kratom but only if it is legal.

• 7 months later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

BTW and FYI: The effect of the leaves fresh and dry are very different.

that is for sure, i ordered some powder and dry leaf (its all legal in the US) and it wasn't the same as the fresh leaves

Is this stuff legal or illegal in Thailand?

Still illegal same with weed, will probably stay illigal for a long time its great to put people in jail for it and extort money. So doubt they will make it legal.

Thanks, very strange that it is still illegal sounds like it could help a lot of people suffering with chronic pain

BTW and FYI: The effect of the leaves fresh and dry are very different.

I what ways?

with a name like yours i MUST respond

weaker or no effect at all

now what they are selling in the states or the uk legally may very well be tainted or a special breed because of the effect i heard about

because the fresh leaves here work fine and the dry ones as a tea almost like nothing