Former top military brass calls PM to resign, back reform

Lite Beer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to many of the other comments I suspect the writing is on the wall in 2014 for these tin-pot generals and other supporters of the mouth from the south. The majority of the country and certainly 70% of the forces have no wish to put the clock back 70 years. Throw in the Shinawatras and their wealthy partners money and pop. Unfortunately it looks like there will be a lot of blood letting next year. Good news is the baht will take a hammering.

Quite interesting..... the serving 'top brass' feels quite rightly that it cannot come out and overtly support either one facation or the other, but there is nothing to stop retired 'top brass' from doing so. No-one should be naive enough to believe that there is no serious linkage between those serving and those retired. I reckn the writing is on the wall for the Sinawatras.

No, it means nothing. The REAL top brass has spoken. They will not let this descend into bloodshed and chaos, nor will they prejudice the international relationships of the country to satisfy the old guard's desires. Let the old boys have their five minutes back in the spotlight, sure...but that's as far as it will go

You and the Shinawatras wish! xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

I couldn't care less what the Shinawatras want. I would prefer a national unity govt but it's very hard to see any credible candidates from the opposition to join such a thing. Mr Suthep hasn't mentioned a single name despite announcing a while back that the preferred PM has been found.

• Like 1

And here we go. Now can understand more of who is backing Super Suthep... No wonder!

This has been known for sometime. It is why I have written that this is not about politics.

When you think of wealth in Thailand, it isn't in the military. The military is where the "high So's" want to keep their sons out of.

Clearly, there are a lot more in support than just these few.

• Like 1

Quite interesting..... the serving 'top brass' feels quite rightly that it cannot come out and overtly support either one facation or the other, but there is nothing to stop retired 'top brass' from doing so. No-one should be naive enough to believe that there is no serious linkage between those serving and those retired. I reckn the writing is on the wall for the Sinawatras.

No, it means nothing. The REAL top brass has spoken. They will not let this descend into bloodshed and chaos, nor will they prejudice the international relationships of the country to satisfy the old guard's desires. Let the old boys have their five minutes back in the spotlight, sure...but that's as far as it will go

You and the Shinawatras wish! xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

I couldn't care less what the Shinawatras want. I would prefer a national unity govt but it's very hard to see any credible candidates from the opposition to join such a thing. Mr Suthep hasn't mentioned a single name despite announcing a while back that the preferred PM has been found.

Prbkk, there are several lists that have been floating around. Read Shawn Crispin's last article on atimesonline for his list.

You reckon?

I think that is just you and your wishful thinking. Everyone on here knows your opinions, and I didn't really have to read your post to know what it was going to say and I was dead right. You have become very predictable, and quite frankly, predictable posting on any forum means 'boring!'.

If you think for a second that any of the current top brass give so much as a flying f*** for international relationships, you harbour another massive error of judgement.

The end is coming very soon, and it will just take one more spark of violent confrontation between protesters and whoever, and that will be it.

• Like 2

You reckon?

I think that is just you and your wishful thinking. Everyone on here knows your opinions, and I didn't really have to read your post to know what it was going to say and I was dead right. You have become very predictable, and quite frankly, predictable posting on any forum means 'boring!'.

If you think for a second that any of the current top brass give so much as a flying f*** for international relationships, you harbour another massive error of judgement.

The end is coming very soon, and it will just take one more spark of violent confrontation between protesters and whoever, and that will be it.

summary: disagreeing with anything you believe is boring, predictable, wrong. Yes, Suthep is your guy...

• Like 2