Chiang Mai International School Newbie

AJ Alex

Hi there

I have several job offers from international schools in Chiang Mai. I seek advice from some experienced teachers in this area. I am an experienced music teacher from the UK. I have a degree in music and a pgce. I do not have NQTS. How much should I be asking for as a starting salary. I have been living in south thailand and teaching english for one year whilst living off 30k a month. I would like to know how much more I can expect to be paid. I have been offered jobs teaching music and another job mentoring students who are full boarding.

Any other general discussions regarding international school work is welcome as there is not much on here compared to the English/tefl stuff

Thanks and greetings to you all

With your qualifications you deserve at least 45k per month at an International /decent bi-lingual school. Check out 'Satit' a bi- lingual and feeder school for Rangsit University. They are developing a branch in Chiang Mai, promoting Music as a discipline and recruiting staff. Go for it.

Edited by Hugh Jarse

With your qualifications you deserve at least 45k per month at an International /decent bi-lingual school. Check out 'Satit' a bi- lingual and feeder school for Rangsit University. They are developing a branch in Chiang Mai, promoting Music as a discipline and recruiting staff. Go for it.

In Chiang Mai, Rajabaht and CMU also have 'saitit' schools. They are 'demonstration' schools attached to their university's faculty of education.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to open a stand alone satit school if it's not within the campus of a university. Do you know whether Rangsit is planning to open a northern campus?

45K is entry at many of the International schools in Chiang Mai.

Thanks for the comments. I will ask for 45k that seems a nice step up from the 30k which I have been struggling on for the last year.

Any ideas on the length of contracts I could be expecting once i'm settled

As well thanks Hugh Jarse I have sent my info to them. I'm interested to know where you found out about this opening as I couldn't find it myself. But I did find a general email address so thanks

Not long to go now