Alcohol sale on train may be banned in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beer or no beer who the hell in their right mind rides the train ant where. A friend just came up to Chiang Mai from Bangkok by train even on the new tracks it took 18 hours. Ride the train your kidding.

I experienced the train Don Mueang to Hua Lampong (just for the fun experience) it took nearly 4 hours and no derailments. Needed a good massage after that.

Please NO! It is very charming and fun to sip a beer on a Thai train while waiting to get to the destinations.....please make loud drunken behavior on a train a big fine inatead--it would yield a lot more revenue!

Agreed. However this isn't about making trains safer. It's because they don't want anyone drinking alcohol at all. It's always about controlling people and making sure they only do what is "right" and "moral".

As well it is a good training for the people to obey pointless laws. It teaches them who is the boss and who is the slave....

the muslimization of Thailand continuesbah.gif .....there are laws to stop public disturbance etc ...USE THEMfacepalm.gif

Wile living in Thailand, for 5 years, from 1999 to 2004, the friendliest people I met were from the Muslim community. Their hospitality, encouraged by their faith, was exceptional.

How does banning alcohol on trains equate to Muslimization?

Am I reading a hint of bigotry?

Beer or no beer who the hell in their right mind rides the train ant where. A friend just came up to Chiang Mai from Bangkok by train even on the new tracks it took 18 hours. Ride the train your kidding.

Some people aren't in a particular hurry or aren't inclined to condemn personal choices,

angsta, on 16 Dec 2013 - 20:06, said:

What a load of rubbish. They charge 130 baht anyway. Jesus H Christ.

What's the H for????

Me not speak good English.

I think that's his middle name; "holyshit'

Edited by Spare

Another case of focusing the blame in the wrong direction.

How about blaming the criminal, not the drink.

Its exactly when people blame guns instead of the criminals in shootings.

So you would advocate the legalisation of heroin, crystal meth and crack then. After all, its not the drugs we should blame.

And how exactly can you perform a shooting without a gun?

Another case of focusing the blame in the wrong direction.

How about blaming the criminal, not the drink.

Its exactly when people blame guns instead of the criminals in shootings.

So you would advocate the legalisation of heroin, crystal meth and crack then. After all, its not the drugs we should blame.

And how exactly can you perform a shooting without a gun?

When I first arrived in Thailand you could buy speed over the counter in any drug store a few years later the government in it's wisedom decided to make it ilegal. If the past 20 years the goverment's "war on drugs " has increased the consumption of this product by thousands of percent. So yeah I would say going back to legal sales of a controlled product would make a fair bit of sense. As to guns well that's another topic altogether.