Only 13 days to go

eezergood

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow I can harldy wait to drive unimpeded down the beach road in Patong & park wherever the mood takes me, save for the earmarked tuktuk spaces......

Best of luck with that. I look forward to your report smile.png

Yes. I look forward to the report as well. I will only accept photographic evidence. :) :)

I failed to mention that this will be around 530 am smile.png

How did you go then?

Tomorrow I can harldy wait to drive unimpeded down the beach road in Patong & park wherever the mood takes me, save for the earmarked tuktuk spaces......

Give him time..i reckon he's driving and parking and parking and driving unimpeded whilst in the mood,,around the block a couple of times, park again for an icecream...savouring the new found freedom that has been promised for so long....

Park outside Starbucks for coffee, then drive along to the Indian restaurant, park outside eat and go..no key scratches on the car..nothing...all is good...rolleyes.gif

EXCEPT!!!!!....Its only a dream...again bah.gif

I failed to mention that this will be around 530 am smile.png

How did you go then?

Give him time..i reckon he's driving and parking and parking and driving unimpeded whilst in the mood,,around the block a couple of times, park again for an icecream...savouring the new found freedom that has been promised for so long....

Park outside Starbucks for coffee, then drive along to the Indian restaurant, park outside eat and go..no key scratches on the car..nothing...all is good...rolleyes.gif

EXCEPT!!!!!....Its only a dream...again bah.gif

To everyones suprise, they have not yet moved........

Oh well - time to call for Jake the muss

• Like 1

All the genuine expats i know are still here and more are coming

I am talking about genuine expats some work and have businesses here or have fly in fly out occupations and some

are self funded retirees who have made Thailand their home

None of these people have to do border runs to extend their visas

More tourists coming every year but less of the backpacker type on cheap flights looking for cheap accommodation

they are going to Cambodia and Laos and other countries

OP.".Then the beach road in Patong will be clear & the beach side vendors cleared..... hurrrah"

Maybe wrong thread Ned smile.png

Read #17 and the following posts

OK not just you ....wai2.gif

Edited by andreandre

We must be due for a You Tube clip by someone parking their car there and being surrounded by the tuk-tuk drivers and told they can't park there. smile.pngsmile.png

I support your bid, when are you going?tongue.png

I don't own a car here, but there's always another You Tube clip just around the corner on Phuket. :) :)

• Like 1

Yes, are there any significant changes along the beach road? Some TV members must have been over there by now..

I have not tried to park on the beach road in Patong in years, no parking available and its not going to change

Plenty of better beaches with lots of parking available on most days

Weird

Starting reading this thread about Beach Road parking but now we are into the sex trade and bar girls.

Well has anything happened on Beach Road then?.

Quite right - all those posts removed, including one of my posts.

But i will make some observations as I navigate the beach road tonight

Edited by LivinginKata
inappropriate comment removed

Ok no photos as I was on the bike, but if I have time tonight then I will try.

From the Holiday Inn end, I must admit, that I saw a lot less tuk tuks & certainly it appears that you could park. Around the new bananna walk you can forget, I counted 9 tuk tuks & several taxis, I cant say if they were legal or otherwise. These were parked in a clearly signposted area for public parking. The area north around Patong seafood to Bangla was packed & double parked - i counted 12 plus 3 double parked.

Overall I did manage to get home much faster & easier, but it was also not my normal transit time. WIll check again tonight