End of Year Get Together.

sceadugenga

In view of the pleasant couple of hours we spent together last year I thought I'd suggest it again.

Suggestions on time and place are welcome by interested parties, I know of at least one who won't be around until after the 25th and that would be fine with me.

I was quite happy with the venue (Central mall food court) last year, it suited our wheelchair bound friend who I hope can make it again.

Food and drinks adequate but no alcohol between 2 and 5 pm of course.

You may need to use the PM function to extend personal invitations to some of our shyer members but I will do my best to attend on any date you decide upon.

After the 25th would probably work better for me as my wife has friends coming around that date. No alcohol would not be a drawback in my opinion as I prefer clear headed, intelligible conversation. If we are lucky, perhaps our squeaky little friend the Hobbit will have learned some manners since last year.wink.png

Sure, what's your planned date of arrival, we'll work off of that.

Hi Sceadu

will be in the rai on Monday morning so anyday is up to you .. Will be leaving 2 days later. Thank you so much for the kind offer . i hope you had a gret Christmas day .

kevvy

For the new guys around town this little get together will be a great chance to test the waters and put faces to names. If we meet at Central Plaza, one is free to come and go as you please and you can easily work in other errands either before or after. It really is about as stress free and painless as anyone can make it. It really is nice to be able to wave and say hello to a few people when walking through the mall. Hope we see some new faces.smile.png

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

For the new guys around town this little get together will be a great chance to test the waters and put faces to names. If we meet at Central Plaza, one is free to come and go as you please and you can easily work in other errands either before or after. It really is about as stress free and painless as anyone can make it. It really is nice to be able to wave and say hello to a few people when walking through the mall. Hope we see some new faces.smile.png

Look forward to meeting my friends from "THE RAI"

If anyone is organising a second event which may involve a decent Scotch (or Irish) or two in the evening I might well be up for it while I'm here on a short winter break (and boy these mornings really are winter - fresher than back home !)

There's no reason why you couldn't get a few starters; as someone who drinks little and lives a fair way out of town I'd probably pass but that would be no reason to deter others.

I suspect that some of us may give off a "coffee and cookies" image to casual observers but I'd be surprised if we didn't have a few drinkers in the line up.

My excuse is old age. sad.png

• Like 1

Well nothing wrong with coffee and cookies anyway scea, and I wish you well with your get together. I was in central just yesterday - for pyjamas of all things! I never though I'd use pyjamas in Thailand, but the winter up here really is winter this year!

• Like 2

Good time today, it was good to finally meet some of The Rai Boys, a shame the townies didn't show up. Too much daylight I guess.

I looked around but didn't see anyone that resembled Sceadugenga's avatar. Where was he sitting?

Oh, and I got an invertor, thanks for the help, I think it was Scorpio who knew where to go.