DSI to freeze bank accounts of Suthep and 16 other protest leaders

webfact

DSI orders bank accounts of 17 protest leaders frozen

protest-leaders-1-728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation has ordered the freezing of bank accounts of protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban and 16 other key members of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee charged with insurrection.

DSI chief Tarit Pengdit said Wednesday that PDRC’s two bank accounts for public donations have also been ordered frozen so investigators would be able to trace back to the sources of the financial support for the protest in the past six months.

He warned protest supporters to stop providing financial or other forms of support to the protest otherwise they could face legal actions.

Regarding the freezing of the bank accounts, Tarit explained that all banks had been notified to carry out the DSI’s order and to send the bank statements of the 17 PDRC key members and also the PDRC’s two bank accounts for donations dating back to six months to the DSI for examination.

Also, the DSI chief said owners of the vehicles used in the protests would be summoned for questioning whether they were hired to provide the services for PDRC or willingly joined the cause of the protest.

Besides Suthep, the other 16 PDRC key members facing arrest on insurrection charges are Sathit Wongnongtuey, Chumpol Julasai, Putthipong Punnakan, Issara Somchai, Witthaya Kaewparadai, Thavorn Senniam, Natthapol Teepsuwan, Aekkanat Promphan,Ms Anchalee Paireerak, Nittithorn Lamlua, Uthai Yodmanee, Samdin Lertbut, General Preecha Iamsuphan, Somkiat Pongpaibul, Yossak Kosaipanont, Pol Lt-Col Supawat Supiyapanich and Somboon Thongburan.

The group is required to show up at the DSI to acknowledge the charges on December 26-27. Tarit said that they will face arrest if they fail to show up.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dsi-orders-bank-accounts-17-protest-leaders-frozen/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-18

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police and DSI work for 1 family and THAT'S what's destroying Thailand.

That is the big pitty, Thailand can look forward to years of political strife when PTP win and make an even bigger mess then they have already. It's too late for a peaceful approach. Not that I think certain individuals want a peaceful solution.

I can see why both sides would want violence, but for different reasons. There is however only one person who wants Thailand to pay for his miss deeds! He will destroy Thailand if he doesn't get to come home a free man!

• Like 2

Was Arisman's bank account frozen after he threatened to burn down Bangkok ??? I am going out on a limb

and guess it was not.... The double standards being applied here are becoming simply unbelievable...

Abhisit's thinking...Doh! I should have done that!

I lived with so many of these corrupt puppets, it was not vile, I merely remarked to the ones who spread the notes around in these red areas, Idiots are the ones that do this as they are to blame for the mess were in today-re voting procedures. That's all it's like saying IF THE CAP FIT"S wear it.

Vile you choose to stir up problems with admin, Most of these village head men are brilliant and are a great help to the community.

Again I did say those are the ones that among others ruin this good country. anyone who is corrupt is an IDIOT. nothing vile in that, so don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

Read my short post again, it means what it says. Anyone who condones corruption is an IDIOT.

It's a bit of a contardiction to call them village idiots and then go on to say that most village heads are brilliant! Also If you lived with these corrupt puppets, then maybe you should know they were not handing out their own money, It was Thaksins!

If they had not spread the money around the village we all know what would have happened come local election time?

Kind of makes your post look like that of an idiot!

• Like 1

What a joke. I'm sure Suthep has all his money in his local Bangkok Bank branch. Everyone knows Singha and other establishment companies are funding Suthep. Why not call them to account?

Because they need evidence first; "knowing" as "everyone" does is not enough.

The police and DSI work for 1 family and THAT'S what's destroying Thailand.

ahh yes thats right one family is all the problems.Good old free thinking light of democratic Thailand. Never had a problem before the T came along xsaai.gif.pagespeed.ic.vG7ALsuRa-.webp ...

PS it wont be destroyed itll just meander about as its always done, slightly goofy, very corrupt and still very very popular with people that like things ... a little different

Are you saying that the DSI and Police don't work for 1 family?

Actually yes, the niavety of people that think its that simple or even true dosnt even make debating with worthwhile.

Every time i hear this stupid claim everythings being run from outside I just think yea right there goes another wishful thinking, pass the blame sheep.

Thinking a guy in an office in Dubai is running the whole show in Thailand for years when there are FAR FAR more powerful families in country pulling the strings is....... well ....REALLY REALLY DUMB.

Been here for decades and I know it's not that simple (at lower levels) but to say that at this moment the leaders of the police and the leader of the DSI are not working for the Shins is just unbelievable.

Haven't you seen their actions the last couple of years? Are they independent in your opinion?

• Like 1

Was Arisman's bank account frozen after he threatened to burn down Bangkok ??? I am going out on a limb

and guess it was not.... The double standards being applied here are becoming simply unbelievable...

Can't recall if Arisman was on the DSI 2010 red shirt funding blacklist or not, but 86 others were.

• Like 1

Been here for decades and I know it's not that simple (at lower levels) but to say that at this moment the leaders of the police and the leader of the DSI are not working for the Shins is just unbelievable.

Haven't you seen their actions the last couple of years? Are they independent in your opinion?

I would say if the police as always are playing both sides like everyone and i do believe the DSI are working for this gov as you would expect any gov dept in Thailand.

People here change allegiance more often than they change shirts. You can't seriously think its all about the Shins and nothing else, thats for the sheeple.

I cant stand the T but neither am I into this godfather Shin family controls all bit. Not with the old money or other godfather families far more entrenched out there.

Its not that simple as you say but from what I hear from a very high up old godfather family member of an ex PM its as muddy at the top echelons as it is lower down. Is this the truth ? damned if I know or really care but thats what its looked like on the ground to me over the past few years.

If only the rice scam accounts were as transparent as you!

His do you sleep at night?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What a joke. I'm sure Suthep has all his money in his local Bangkok Bank branch. Everyone knows Singha and other establishment companies are funding Suthep. Why not call them to account?

Suthep i s no worse or no better than Thaksin,very wealthy men and very corrupt too.Will be very intersting to see how much he has paid the anti government protestors

When did Suthep kill 3000 people?

• Like 1

Imagine this political body supposedly "law Enforcing" having the power to freeze bank accounts without court approval. Tarit that excuse for special investigator the puppet of thaksin and PTP .I only pray this and other action lights the blue touch paper,Thailands needs some revolutionary acts.

• Like 1