Thai girlfriend coming to U.K.

SimonJ

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, where did you meet her? Honestly? People always reply to these posts with comments like "Another sucker", "This is the norm" etc. What a load of crap. I feel for the OP after 18 months, but please refrain from posting BBC style sensationalist comments. 99.9999 percent of Thai women visit their partner or travel with their spouse to a foreign land without incident.

...you have her personal details...and you sponsored her...if she has 'disappeared' you are obliged to file a report...you should have enough information to help them ascertain if she has entered the U.K....or not.....

...if you don't trust her to that point, why did you sponsor her in the first place.....

...is it possible she sold her passport/visa to someone who wanted to get to the U.K. more badly than her....???

Thank you everyone for your feedback but for the record I have not handed any money over for the airfare. I was going to buy the ticket online so if there were any problems I would get the refund, not her. In the eighteen months I have known her she has never asked me for money.

I don't have any other cellphone numbers for her, just the one, so I cannot ask anyone else as to her whereabouts. Of course she may not necessarily have entered the U.K. she could have gone to visit another boyfriend in another country. Taking everything into account I think I will have to play a waiting game. Only time will tell. However I'm sorry to say it looks like "goodnight" to the relationship!

If it is goodnight to the relationship you can join a club with thousands of members. So many of them on TV. As long as you are not grossly out of pocket you can put it down to experience. Hurts the emotions but that's a life experience for many foreigners in a relationship with a Thai girl.

Some are just singed and some are burnt beyond repair.

There's thousands of girls in Thailand to give you comfort. Short term remedy I know, but it does the trick for many until a decent girl comes along to fulfil your emotional need.

Anyway I think you are wise to play the waiting game. As long as you can keep your emotions and common sense separate in this matter. Depends on the girl but sometimes the most recent boyfriend is the one that catches their interest. And there's always a chance there may be a genuine reason

I reckon immigration would help because it could be foul play or she might be a risk of violating the visa. That was the whole point of sponsorship, word of a trusty brit and she wouldn't have to work illegally. That's all turned to sh*t.

As the Sponsor of her visa application, surely you have an obligation to report a non-observance of the terms under which the visa was granted. So if for whatever reason, she has not come to the UK to see YOU, you should report this on the available hotline for such reports.

UKBA or whatever they call themselves this week should make the necessary enquiries from their resources, and take appropriate action. (Whether they can be bothered is another question) but at least you have not blacklisted yourself as a possible future sponsor if you ever want to put yourself through this again......

If you bought a ticket online via an online agency - Make contact with them - On their ticketing system they will be able to tell you if the seat was used and hence you will know if she arrived in UK or not. Other options open to ticket holder named on the ticket is that the ticket may have some options for changes (different passenger or location) and this information will be available to be known what activity has taken place on the ticket.

To establish contact - Possibly set up a temp new id new social media account - Set the profile to someone you believe might fit someone she might like to friend or connect with online. Send her a friend request and see if the request gets seen i.e accepted or rejected. Obviously if its accepted you can work out the next moves as she will be communicating with you online, but she thinks is someone else - hence location identity or even phone call will be up to powers of online persuasions.

Sorry to hear your tale - And good luck.

Lots of possibilities, met someone else in Thailand, accident and died, lost her cell phone with you e-mail/ phone number,

she may still show up, not Christmas yet, a big Christmas surprise. If not oh well, live and learn.

If you bought a ticket online via an online agency - Make contact with them - On their ticketing system they will be able to tell you if the seat was used and hence you will know if she arrived in UK or not. Other options open to ticket holder named on the ticket is that the ticket may have some options for changes (different passenger or location) and this information will be available to be known what activity has taken place on the ticket.

The OP has stated, a number of times, that he hasn't purchased an airline ticket for this lady.

I know, from experience, that airlines will not confirm if a ticket has been used, but as he hasn't purchased a ticket it isn't really relevant.

I don't know what some people have to gain with their sarcastic comments, but there are enough good, friendly and helpful people living here in Thailand. Why not mention her nickname, place of residence etc. Someone might know of her and help you out. I live in a small village in rural Surin, but know quite a few expats and girls with overseas boyfriends/husbands etc. 18 months of dating then no news isn't good, but you care enough to make the post.

You might not get the answer you want...but at least you may discover the truth.

Good luck.

wow. It might be that she already has her visa and thats it, you cd try and report her scam to UK Immigration/customs. Just give her name and hopefully she'll be stopped and sent back on the next flight, worth a try.

You should also inform the British embassy in Bangkok - it will stop her doing it again to another sucker.

This bloke is not a sucker as you suggest,he has played the game quite correctly.He may have made a misjudgement in affairs of the heart,haven't we all or she may have a legit reason.Time will tell.

• Like 2

Could just be that she didn't ever want to go to England as much as you wanted it for her. Perhaps she happily went along with the notion because she didn't want to offend or rock your boat ,but when the crunch came ,she opted out and chose not to deal with any confrontation .

Who would want to go to England in winter time,it's cold enough here.

Could just be that she didn't ever want to go to England as much as you wanted it for her. Perhaps she happily went along with the notion because she didn't want to offend or rock your boat ,but when the crunch came ,she opted out and chose not to deal with any confrontation .

I'm with you on this one.

Cold feet and maybe fear after hearing all the stories about girls being forced into prostitution etc.

My missus was told by the yai's that she would have been sold,but she took a chance as she had known me quite a while.I told her if i was going to do that i would have got somebody 12 years younger and a lot better looking.Luckily she got the joke.

Cold feet and maybe fear after hearing all the stories about girls being forced into prostitution etc.

My missus was told by the yai's that she would have been sold,but she took a chance as she had known me quite a while.I told her if i was going to do that i would have got somebody 12 years younger and a lot better looking.Luckily she got the joke.

But time will tell if she has really never forgotten your "joke" ! Patience patience my man.

But time will tell if she has really never forgotten your "joke" ! Patience patience my man.

To true mate,but 10 years is a long time to wait for revenge,i will tremble with fear for another 10,then presume she got the joke.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

did you give her money to buy ticket, or did you buy the ticket ?

Since you don't really say anything about dates coz Christmas starts in October here lol ...

did you see tickets , stamp on passport don't mean anything really ..

I f you make a visit to immigration you may find out if she in country or not, if she is they will stop her when she goes back , probably be

blacklisted and have to find a new name n passport for next victim ..

She may of just taken your money n found another sponsor, this is normal ..coffee1.gif

Before "falling in love" with a women 30 + years younger do the following. 1. buy a big mirror, 2. with GF in front of you stand in front of the mirror. Use your head and be realistic. The mirror will tell u what to do

I don't see the relevance of this quote under my reply ..or even to the original post ..

The first time I took my G/F (wife now)to Australia we went through the same "he will sell you drama"......it seems to be a bit of a perception, for sure.

Reading between the lines - I am confident that the OP has paid for everything - its just that having to admit to that as well as the fact that she has vanished would have brought a tidal wave of criticism

The OP is mistaken if he believes she has used the visa to go to another country - she cannot it is only for entry to the UK

My opinion is she was not prepared to follow through and there is the trust issue raised by the OP mentioning the possibility of another boyfriend

Another lesson learnt....

To establish contact - Possibly set up a temp new id new social media account - Set the profile to someone you believe might fit someone she might like to friend or connect with online. Send her a friend request and see if the request gets seen i.e accepted or rejected. Obviously if its accepted you can work out the next moves as she will be communicating with you online, but she thinks is someone else - hence location identity or even phone call will be up to powers of online persuasions.

Sorry to hear your tale - And good luck.

How many times does it need to be stated that the OP DID NOT PURCHASE A TICKET.