The thai girl Im seeing at the moment sometimes calls me 'daddy'

advancebooking

She is highly educated and her family are middle to upper class

You didn't need to write this as they all are....

First of all, if she is only middle to upper class, then she is really low class!

99999 out of a 100k would consider themselves almost "special" class, and I believe we all know what that means.

Second ... R U N ... F A S T ...

you are up for the nightmare of your life!

My Thai girlfriend call me 'paa' which in Thai means sugar daddy ! Daddy in Thai sounds more like 'paw' - I have asked her to call me by given name but just falls on deaf ears!!

ps I have never been called daddy........................

Same same..............whistling.gif

• Like 1

You are correct that a good Thai woman takes care of her husband as he is a child and her father at the same time. At home, both her teenage son and I, get the 5 star treatment and we are constantly supervised to ensure we are as comfortable as possible. I sometimes feel like a 5 year old, but must also admit that I enjoy the "take care".

Regarding calling you "daddy", there are two options... Either she wants a kid with you or she considers you to be her "sugar daddy"...

three words..."Run forest Run"...

Once are kids were born, the wife started calling me Dad... Of course she also started calling her mom Yai and he little brother Na....

I believe it is common in Thailand to do this once you have kids and the kids will repeat what they hear so adults change the way they address to middle for the kids...

• Like 1

So we have those who fancy themselves comedians, those who clearly haven’t a clue, and a few people who actually know enough about Thailand to give intelligent replies. I suppose four pages shouldn’t be a surprise with the interaction of three such disparate groups.saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif

• Like 2

Thai lady who goes out with older man tends to address the man that way. It's directly translated from ป๋า(Pa) which means daddy. It's a way to acknowledge your seniority, maturity and to let you know that she is expecting you to look after her and provide for her.

When I met my girlfriend I soon started calling her 'darling', and she responded by calling me 'darling also. But pretty soon the family and then friends started calling me 'darling' and it became my name or nickname. She, being the only one who realises the implication of calling someone 'darling' now hates hearing other females call me it, and I don't like it much either, especially by males. So now we have stopped using it between ourselves, which is a pity, in the hope it will fade away.