Car service/repairs for Toyota Soluna

chaiyapoon

Just bought a 1998 Toyota Soluna for 70k and as expected it needs a few things fixed.Already fitted two news tyres and had the front disc pads changed.Took it over to Koh Chang and it got a serious testing on the hills there.So far it seems an excellent buy.

Now it needs the speedo sorting its over reading massively I was off the scale and then some on the motorways.

There is a rattle coming from both sides at the back when going over a series of bumps in the road.The horn is intermitent and the starter solenoid has stuck twice.

Its a long time since I had a old car in Thailand so my contacts for repairs are all gone.Anyone able to recommend a decent repair /service shop,I'm currently staying on the Darkside but happy to travel for quality work.

I am amazed at the work I just had done by a Mechanic i found here a long time ago on the forum, his name is Mr Sakda and he comes to you to pick the car up, his shop is in Naklua but hard to find, so pickup is the best and easiest option, the work i had done I bought the parts myself as I was particular about what i wanted and he fitted them, 4 front ball joints, 2 bushes, 2 new strut inserts, strut dust covers and bump stop rubbers all fitted and wheel aligned, picked up and dropped off for a mere 2,000 baht.

His number is 081 715 6819

• Like 1

I did try another called Ood Service to fix a cam timing sensor, he did fix it, but the car came back and the Air con wasnt working, they had removed the wires from the high low sensor, it had to be on purpose as it is located under the windscreen washer bottle and it could not have been done by accident.