Whats your favourite breakfast

bazmlb

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Canadian breakfast is ridiculous. Never seen that before. French Toast/Pain Dore or pancakes, maple syrup, sausage links, bacon, eggs (scrambled, fried, poached)

coffee or tea, juice, (orange, apple, grapefruit)

That Canadian breakfast is ridiculous. Never seen that before. French Toast/Pain Dore or pancakes, maple syrup, sausage links, bacon, eggs (scrambled, fried, poached)

coffee or tea, juice, (orange, apple, grapefruit)

It is a pretty typical American breakfast that one would have in a restaurant. We use real - Vermont - maple syrup too, but the fake stuff does not taste much different and it is WAY cheaper. I am pretty sure that most American would have bacon or sausage - not both. At least I know that I would.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

I don't know who listed that as America's breakfast.A U.S. Breakfast would be near an English breakfast without the black pudding,and baked beans.Maybe pancakes,or French toast also.

I concur. Pancakes or French toast with eggs and bacon would be my pick. I realy like a good English breakfast too and a bunch of other ones on this thread look great.

These days. oatmeal is lot more likely for health reasons, but it tastes pretty good if you don't think about the pictures above.

Sort of sounds like not being allowed to smoke.

Hmm, I voted American before I saw the pictures. Blueberry pancakes isn't really my idea of an American breakfast. But then again there is no single definitive "American breakfast" any more than there is an American lunch or American dinner. If I was back home eating breakfast five days in a row, it would probably look very different every day:

408394781.jpg

Oh, and here's Saturday and Sunday for good measure:

attachicon.gifdonuts.jpg

and don't forget the rednecks sausage, egg, and cheese bisquit!!

So many choices and breakfast is so horribly misunderstood in this country. I like the version of Canadian breakfast that people here are saying is Canadian, but I also like the one pictured. English breakfast is quite fine too. Breakfast burritos should definitely be on the list, but North America really needs about 5 entries to be fair. We are a breakfast continent eh?

My all time favorite is yesterdays pizza though. I have a secret two step technique to reheating that actually makes most pizzas better than the day before.

So many choices and breakfast is so horribly misunderstood in this country. I like the version of Canadian breakfast that people here are saying is Canadian, but I also like the one pictured. English breakfast is quite fine too. Breakfast burritos should definitely be on the list, but North America really needs about 5 entries to be fair. We are a breakfast continent eh?

My all time favorite is yesterdays pizza though. I have a secret two step technique to reheating that actually makes most pizzas better than the day before.

No secrets here mate....you should know that by now.

Fess up! :rolleyes:

What, no Southern biscuits and sage sausage gravy?

with hash browns.... . and Tabasco sauce.

Yum.

I throw and egg or two on the side as well.

IMG_2384.JPG

Hmm, I voted American before I saw the pictures. Blueberry pancakes isn't really my idea of an American breakfast. But then again there is no single definitive "American breakfast" any more than there is an American lunch or American dinner. If I was back home eating breakfast five days in a row, it would probably look very different every day:

408394781.jpg

Oh, and here's Saturday and Sunday for good measure:

attachicon.gifdonuts.jpj

I was torn with this too. I'm OK with pancakes, certainly not my favorite American breakfast. Being a californian you've missed my other favorite, the Breakfast Burrito

...of course I'm holding out to see how many votes Mongolian gets!

Edited by NanaFoods
  • Like 2

What, no Southern biscuits

I really miss American-style buttermilk biscuits. I have had some passable ones here, but nothing really good for many years. The funny thing is that KFC used to sell them 20 years ago, but they never caught on with the Thais. Actually, Popeyes Fried Chicken did too, but they closed down after the 97 economic downturn in Thailand.

Edited by Ulysses G.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite breakfast is Chorizo and eggs (Huevo con Chorizo), a side of refried pinto beans and fresh flour tortillas, or Chorizo and potato's, (Chorizo con Papas) 2 eggs over easy and fresh homemade flour tortillas.

After a night of Tequila and partying, a great big bowl of menudo, the breakfast of champions!

Cheers

kikoman knows what's happening...chorizo and scrambled eggs is my favorite when in California but with corn tortillas rather than flour..,most 'mom&pop' places around LA always open for breakfast around 7-8am...

when in Indonesa it's gotta be mie ayam; as I've described before it's highly addictive and your whole day is ruined if ye don't get some, etc, etc...

recently I've been substituting instant noddles for the usual combo of corn and bran flakes and sliced banana...

Actually, my favorite breakfast is whatever I was to lazy to cook for dinner yesterday. I'm a morning person and getting up early and cooking when it's "cooler" is great. By the afternoon I'm tired, lazy and it's really hot, so cooking isn't fun, especially if I am intending to use the oven. So I usually have a light, cold snack and cook in the morning. There's a pineapple upside down cake in the oven as we speak. It will go great with a big glass of milk and maybe some homemade ice cream!

Amazing what some eat for Breakfast... Reminds me of being a kid and what my Grand parents used to eat..

for the past 40 years or more is same for me.. Cornflakes with banana and milk or Fruit with yogurt and at least 7 mugs of black Coffee [on my 3rd already and its not 6 am yet]

My UK Grand parents always had the same breakfast every morning,, Breakfast was at 5 am, big bowl of Porrage, followed by a full English Breakfast followed but 3 slices of toast and marmalade. and loads of cups of tea, except when I stayed with them then was black coffee made for me.

Edited by ignis

What, no Southern biscuits

I really miss American-style buttermilk biscuits. I have had some passable ones here, but nothing really good for many years. The funny thing is that KFC used to sell them 20 years ago, but they never caught on with the Thais. Actually, Popeyes Fried Chicken did too, but they closed down after the 97 economic downturn in Thailand.

Biscuits at Popeyes in the airport. Popeyes is back! Yea baby!

https://twitter.com/PopeyesChicken/status/72674790988713984

• Like 1