Where is the Cheapest Beer in a Bar near Beach Road?

cigar7

Where is the cheapest afternoon beer, draft or bottled, in a bar or restaurant, on or near Beach Road? I use to get 28b draft beer but now the price is up to 49b.

Edited by cigar7
  • Like 1

7 / 11 ........... Not sure if there is one on Beach Rd though .......whistling.gif

Yeah no Family Marts either. Try haggling with them. Beer Archa is the cheepest and best beer and I think about 30 baht now from 7-11. Maybe they will give you a better deal if you buy 2.

Its a perfectly fair question. Hark at all the 'Ten bob millionaires here!! The pension market must have had a boost if they've money to burn....

Last time I was there, the bar complex on the corner of Soi 8 (Great place for sundowners and to sit during the wet season while watching the storms out to sea) had (bottled) beers from 45B and draught from 35B.

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 1

Sailor Bar would be hard to beat.

what soi is sailor bar

Sailor bar is on soi 8, about a 100 meters from beach road. The Singh bottle is 55b.

Edited by cigar7

Posts using Thai have been removed and the quoted replies which also contained profanities

English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

Its a perfectly fair question. Hark at all the 'Ten bob millionaires here!! The pension market must have had a boost if they've money to burn....

Last time I was there, the bar complex on the corner of Soi 8 (Great place for sundowners and to sit during the wet season while watching the storms out to sea) had (bottled) beers from 45B and draught from 35B.

Those prices sound decent. I am no 2 week millionaire, just an old guy on pension. When the price gets boosted 10 or 20 baht, based on the volume I drink, it can hurt the discretionary funds flow. That's a good location too, get to watch all of the talent on beach road, nice afternoon entertainment, for the right price (free).

World Wide bar on Beach Road between soi 7 & soi 8 was about 50 baht a beer in the afternoon last time I was there ( couple of months ago )

Decent spot to sit with a beer and watch the world go by.

It`s the bar with the band in the front corner.

smile.png

• Like 1

Move back from the beach and go to Pattaya New PLaza. Lots of street life to watch, cheap beer, and good music in most bars.

Where is this Plaza? Maybe for a change I can try it. But in the warm afternoon, I really like that breeze from the ocean on beach road, the picturesque palm trees swaying in the wind, and the people walking along beach road, and that ice cold beer, with a cigar.

Move back from the beach and go to Pattaya New PLaza. Lots of street life to watch, cheap beer, and good music in most bars.

Where is this Plaza? Maybe for a change I can try it. But in the warm afternoon, I really like that breeze from the ocean on beach road, the picturesque palm trees swaying in the wind, and the people walking along beach road, and that ice cold beer, with a cigar.

Pattaya New Plaza is off Second Road almost opposite soi 8. Plenty of cheap beer bars up there.

What about the Eagle Bar soi 7? It's a small day time beer bar about half way up on the right (from beach road). I've done an arvo session there before, not bad. Beers are around 50 baht a bottle.

Go to the top of Soi 8, cross Second Road, turn left and walk for about 20 meters. There's a coffee shop in the middle of 2 small sois. Turn right there and you are in the Plaza. Must be about 20 bars there, a few decent restaurants, and a good new fish and chip shop.

Well worth a visit. ,

Go to New Plaza around 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Get chatting to some regulars in Micky's Bar. That will take you on the Happy Hour Crawl. They will know the route very well and always have the most up-to-date info. They follow the Happy Hours round always getting the cheapest beers possible.

Or so I am told.

Stuff the cheapest grog,where are the cheapest women? Gotta beat Beach Rd,the one that's being widened, at 500.

We can't talk about that. Don't try, or His Modship may even close the thread. It's about run its course anyway.