Is the road from Doi Inthanon to Khun Yuam the worst in Thailand?

thaibeachlovers

Why is such a thread allowed in the general forum? Is such a road even well known among foreigners? Which province is that in? I read chiang mai from another poster who in the hell even knows what's the in chiang mai when it's the capital and then like 69 other provinces. That's like posting in a US forum hey do you know how sesame street is like this and that like everyone even knows the area.

Perhaps surprisingly to you, but there are other people on TV that do know what I'm talking about. If you don't know, and can't be bothered using google to find out, perhaps you should just exit this thread and move on to one that you do understand.

If you read my OP, rather than just getting agro about it, you would have noticed where I apologised if it was in the wrong forum. Perhaps you should complain to the mods if you want it moved.

So there really are people who drive on roads they dont know without using GPS? I thought it was just an urban myth.

I don't have a "smart" ( moron ) phone either.

My phone does GPS but I dont use it.

I have a simple GPS unit in the car that I bought for 4000B. It generally sits turned off in the glove box but it's nice to know that it is there for those occasions when the road signs dont seem to correlate with reality, or when I would just like to work out a possible route from A to B. For this it is much handier (and dare I say probably more up to date) than printed maps. I also found it incredibly handy for getting to an unknown part of Bangkok, which it handled particularly well.

And of course it can also just tell me exactly where I am when I'm not too sure, even if I prefer to do the actual navigation from a paper map. In this respect it is like having a mobile phone with you when skiing or mountain climbing: a sensible precaution.

So there really are people who drive on roads they dont know without using GPS? I thought it was just an urban myth.

I don't have a "smart" ( moron ) phone either.

My phone does GPS but I dont use it.

I have a simple GPS unit in the car that I bought for 4000B. It generally sits turned off in the glove box but it's nice to know that it is there for those occasions when the road signs dont seem to correlate with reality, or when I would just like to work out a possible route from A to B. For this it is much handier (and dare I say probably more up to date) than printed maps. I also found it incredibly handy for getting to an unknown part of Bangkok, which it handled particularly well.

And of course it can also just tell me exactly where I am when I'm not too sure, even if I prefer to do the actual navigation from a paper map. In this respect it is like having a mobile phone with you when skiing or mountain climbing: a sensible precaution.

Fair enough then. However, it would be 4,000 baht for a single use in my case. I've never got lost before, as I have found Thai roads to be pretty well signed so far.