Thaksin's Son Won't Run In Election: Jarupong

Lite Beer

Thaksin's Son Won't Run In Election: Jarupong

13874573761387457598l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Chairman of the Pheu Thai Party has dismissed rumour that the son of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra will run in the next general election.

Throughout the week many social network sites, particularly of the anti-government groups, have reported that Mr. Panthongtae Shinawatra will be on the ticket of Pheu Thai′s Party List in the election, which is expected to be held on 2 February 2014.

But Mr. Jarupong Rueangsuwan, the chairman of Pheu Thai Party who also serves as acting Interior Minister, firmly denied the rumour in a press conference today.

He also insisted that the party is looking forward for the election, but added that it is depending on the Office of The Election Commission of Thailand (ECT) whether the election will take place at all; anti-government protesters have demanded that the ECT postpone the election until their "reforms" of Thai politics are implemented first.

“Our interested member who wish to join the list have submitted their application forms, including the acting Prime Minister”, said Mr. Jarupong, “The party commission will reselect the candidate and I will review the list. The whole process should be done by 22 December”.

He also denied the involvement of Mr. Thaksin in deciding the party list.

“Let me be clear: Mr. Thaksin does not interfere with the candidate selection process. I and Mr. Thaksin have not discussed about the issues," said Mr. Jarupong.

He added, “Every representative has equal rights, including late submission candidates from House no.109 faction, House no. 111 faction and the Neutral Democratic Party (Mashima Party)”.

However, he warned that if the protesters managed to prevent the submission of the party list on 23 December at Bangkok Youth Centre (Thai-Japan) in Dindaeng district as they have threatened, the country’s image may be harmed in the eyes of world community.

“Many journalists from both local and international agents will be there, and they may report about the event. Other countries may learn that there are some people in Thailand disrespecting the country’s rule of law”, Mr. Jarupong warned, adding that the caretaker Prime Minister will be there to support the representatives.

He also downplayed the incident when an anti-government protester slipped through PM Yingluck Shinawatra′s security details as she tours the northeastern region and blew a whistle at her yesterday.

"The protesters have the right to do so," Mr. Jarupong said, "People are allowed to have different ideas".

He also suggested that the Prime Minister does not need to enhance her security team and believes that many people still support her.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE56UTFOek0zTmc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2013-12-19

WOW ... judging from the photo, Taksin's Son hair has gotten long (it's a photo of Yinluck).

At least they could have used a photo of Panthongtae Shinawatra and not his Auntie ... facepalm.gif

That said, she is easier on the eye then him, or his Father.

Throughout the week many social network sites, particularly of the anti-government groups, have reported that Mr. Panthongtae Shinawatra will be on the ticket of Pheu Thai′s Party List in the election, which is expected to be held on 2 February 2014.

Democrats obsessed with playing the man and not the ball have had it too good for too long, are now desperately scraping the bottom of a completely empty barrel.

Cheers to Suthep they are marching/crawling towards an approaching land slide.

Edited by Calimotty
  • Like 1

Democrats obsessed with playing the man and not the ball have had it too good for too long, are now desperately scraping the bottom of a completely empty barrel.

Hey Cal, ( that name seems familiar), Thaksin , to quote his own words, appointed his' clone' sister to run the country.

Why not go for the son? Yingluck may not be too bright, but at least she managed to obtain a Masters abroad.

Oak his son, on the other hand, failed at Thammasart and then was found to be in possession of a piece of paper in his top pocket for his final exam at Ramkhamhaeng.!

Dumb and dumber, the better for Thaksin.

• Like 2

Shame he won't run really. Every election needs an element of comedy and just about everything this idiot says is laughable.

yes but that when the results get public the fun changes to dismay when the worst clown won.

“Let me be clear: Mr. Thaksin does not interfere with the candidate selection process. I and Mr. Thaksin have not discussed about the issues," said Mr. Jarupong.

Sorry Jarupong, if you or Mr. Thaksin told me you each had a nose and two eyes, I wouldn't believe you. You guys have zero credibility.

Here's a conversation which was overheard by Thaksin's 300 baht/day maid yesterday:

Oak: daddy. I want to be a politician like you.

Thaksin: Well, you have to get elected, to do that.

Oak: Ok, no problem. Auntie Y is making an election soon, I'll be a politician that way.

Thaksin: No son. Not now, you're not ready.

Oak: But daddy, I want to.

Thaksin: You must wait. Now is not the time.

Oak: But dad, I reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally want to be a politician soon.

Thaksin: Son, you're not done yet with being a kid.

Oak: You became a politician and became rich. I want to do the same.

Thaksin: You already are rich, Oak. Anything you want, I will buy it for you.

Oak: Ok, I'll wait. But you can't always tell me what to do.

Now this is a rumour I have problems with believing. I'm sure our dear Oaf realises that being a facebook warrior is much safer than being an MP candidate touring the country side.

Hee Hee, he called Oak, Oaf, cheesy.gifclap2.gifgiggle.gif

Now this is a rumour I have problems with believing. I'm sure our dear Oaf realises that being a facebook warrior is much safer than being an MP candidate touring the country side.

Fabby, I'm surprised you found that so amusing given the fact that the second version is more appropriate.

Oaks are strong and sturdy, reliable and long lasting. Kon ngoh sounds better and he is amusing.

• Like 1

Fabby, I'm surprised you found that so amusing given the fact that the second version is more appropriate.

Oaks are strong and sturdy, reliable and long lasting. Kon ngoh sounds better and he is amusing.

I think you missed the point. I was pointing out how infantile the post was.

Ah, you mean he's a chippy of the old block(head) rolleyes.gif

Mind you, dear fabs, apart from commenting on a terrible typing mistake (what was I thinking), do you have anything to say on this particular rumour or it's denial?

• Like 1

Shame he won't run really. Every election needs an element of comedy and just about everything this idiot says is laughable.

Chalerm doesn't want competition!!whistling.gif

As for "Oak", I have the impression, that he intellectually is on level with a 7 year old. My apologies to all the smart second-graders out there!wai2.gif

Oops there goes your long term visa if / when PTP gets back into power. :-)

When will we ever be free of this nest of vipers ??

• Like 1

I'm not sure of the attributes required to make the PTP party list, but he seems to have, or lack as appropriate, most of those required. From Yingluk and Chalerm to Weng and Korkaew, as nice a bunch of inmates as ever escaped a ward for the criminally insane.

Hey Cal, ( that name seems familiar), Thaksin , to quote his own words, appointed his' clone' sister to run the country.

Why not go for the son? Yingluck may not be too bright, but at least she managed to obtain a Masters abroad.

Oak his son, on the other hand, failed at Thammasart and then was found to be in possession of a piece of paper in his top pocket for his final exam at Ramkhamhaeng.!

Dumb and dumber, the better for Thaksin.

Yes and remember the Deputy President at Ramkamheng Uni said he had done nothing wrong as the paper was a personal matter and even if it had been exam related cheating wasn't serious ! Lots of adverse reaction at the time and that was about it I think.

Nothing is being said about his other Auntie, does anyone have an update ?

Last I heard she, her husband and Mr. T's daughters had gone to London but that was a couple of weeks ago. I think there was a red shirt demonstration In Chiang Mai more recently demanding she be appointed to the local tourist board but am happy to be corrected.

"He also denied the involvement of Mr. Thaksin in deciding the party list.
“Let me be clear: Mr. Thaksin does not interfere with the candidate selection process. I and Mr. Thaksin have not discussed about the issues," said Mr. Jarupong."

full of sh..........................

great candidate potential ... drug user who cheated in school and who had billions in "funny" money ... seems tailor made for PTP

“Let me be clear: Mr. Thaksin does not interfere with the candidate selection process. I and Mr. Thaksin have not discussed about the issues," said Mr. Jarupong."

So perhaps the Big Boss 'discusses' the party-list with the party commission who select the candidates, prior to it being 'reviewed', by the party-chairman who says he himself hasn't discussed it with the party-owner ?

Or perhaps potential-candidates visit Dubai/Singapore/Hong-Kong to take the waters, instead ? whistling.gif