VirtualBox (Oracle) & openSUSE 13.1: Running Wit Mouse Capture Crashes System

MrGaoMungGawn

I have tried running the Virtualbox VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.6_91406_openSUSE123-1.x86_64.rpm

With Windows 7 and Windows 8

When the screen captures mouse

When the screen is increased in size, or full screen,

The system will just stop working, crashes, needs to be rebooted

This has happened after two VB installs.

Now on my third install, but what would cause this?

(I know that there is one other here who uses opensuse, and I assume also uses Oracle's VB)

When I try to reinstall the virtualbox, now I keep getting this message, even though I tried with and without DKMS, and with guest package installed, and after checking permissions in groups, etc.

I do not usually install virtualbox, but once per half year, and i forget when I last had this same problem.

Any ideas?

"The VirtualBox Linux kernel driver (vboxdrv) is either not loaded or there is a permission problem with /dev/vboxdrv. Please reinstall the kernel module by executing

'/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup'

as root. If it is available in your distribution, you should install the DKMS package first. This package keeps track of Linux kernel changes and recompiles the vboxdrv kernel module if necessary"

With win7 host I up graded to 4.3.4 and lost my LAN. could not connect the host back to anything or recover the connection even with VB turned off. I had to restore the system and roll back to org. version of VB.

VB 4.3.4 to many problems and I have never had problems with a version upgrade before this. Was not willing to try again yet. There might be some issues with the upgrade 4.3.4 try an older one and hope it did not corrupt the host.

I am running VB 4.3 in my Mint 16 (Petra). Installed with Synaptic selecting the Oracle version not the org. Usually I get the install file from Oracle but not this last time. All is very fine, have WinXP and Win7 as guests, mouse and kbd capture automatic with no problems.