Lecithin - where can buy it in Bangkok

Green

• 2 weeks later...

i found that GNC has a very big bottle of lecithin granules but its 1200B. I bought capsules a couple weeks ago thinking I could just squeeze it out of the caps, and found the gels caps they use are super hard and VERY difficult to open.

Can get lecithin granules from supply places for laboratories and hospitals.

In Chiang Mai Union Science sells 500 grams of lecithin granules for around 300 baht. This is for lab grade quality.

Just check some supply houses in BKK. They often have these places near large hospitals.

It's great cognitive support supplement or popular for making DIY Liposomal Encapsulation supplements like Vit C and glutathione.

Better delivery without the waste and bowel tolerance issues of Vit C.

Pretty sure I have seen it among the vitamins and other supplements in places like Boots, Watsons etc.

I can't recall where, but I have also seen it at some of these places, when searching for something else.

Can get lecithin granules from supply places for laboratories and hospitals.

In Chiang Mai Union Science sells 500 grams of lecithin granules for around 300 baht. This is for lab grade quality.

Just check some supply houses in BKK. They often have these places near large hospitals.

It's great cognitive support supplement or popular for making DIY Liposomal Encapsulation supplements like Vit C and glutathione.

Better delivery without the waste and bowel tolerance issues of Vit C.

Maybe also shops that supply the food industry...it is widely used.

• 8 months later...

Union Science in Chiang Mai sells Lecithin liquid concentrate.

That's interesting, though it's industrial grade and not food grade. Industrial grade chemicals are not for human consumption. Lecithin has some industrial applications.

In the paint industry, it forms protective coatings for surfaces with painting and printing ink, has antioxidant properties, helps as a rust inhibitor, is a colour-intensifying agent, catalyst, conditioning aid modifier, and dispersing aid; it is a good stabilizing and suspending agent, emulsifier, and wetting agent, helps in maintaining uniform mixture of several pigments, helps in grinding of metal oxide pigments, is a spreading and mixing aid, prevents hard settling of pigments, eliminates foam in water-based paints, and helps in fast dispersion of latex-based paints.

Lecithin also may be used as a release agent for plastics, an antisludge additive in motor lubricants, an antigumming agent in gasoline, and an emulsifier, spreading agent, and antioxidant in textile, rubber, and other industries.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecithin

I've managed to find the Thai script for Lecithin which will help to find Thai producers: เลซิติน

^^^ its Lab grade lecithin they sell

I'm not sure if lab grade means food grade. Do they explicity state that it's fit for human consumption? I wouldn't want there to be traces of toxic chemicals, no matter how low. Are you not concerned about it? Would you prefer to source your lecithin from a supplier that explicitly states that it's food grade and/or fit for human consumption?

^^^ its Lab grade lecithin they sell

I'm not sure if lab grade means food grade. Do they explicity state that it's fit for human consumption? I wouldn't want there to be traces of toxic chemicals, no matter how low. Are you not concerned about it? Would you prefer to source your lecithin from a supplier that explicitly states that it's food grade and/or fit for human consumption?

lab grade is highest purity and comes with assay sheet.

Just read the assay to see what is in it. The extra high prices of lab grades reflects the added cost of testing it before sale.

I would like to find a food grade source of Lecithin because it would be much cheaper but haven't been able to find quantities under 5+ liters.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

lab grade is highest purity and comes with assay sheet.

Just read the assay to see what is in it. The extra high prices of lab grades reflects the added cost of testing it before sale.

I would like to find a food grade source of Lecithin because it would be much cheaper but haven't been able to find quantities under 5+ liters.

Here are some pages selling food grade lecithin:

bambicuisine Soy Lecithin Powder Food Grade. However if it really is 300 THB for 50g then it's way overpriced.

Chemipan Soy Lecithin. However there is no price. Their catalogue does not state price either. Maybe you need to call them.

Where have you found the minimum 5L lecithin?

"Pharmaceutical grade" is definitely more reassuring, but where in the unionsci.com site does it mention that? I've only been able to find lecithin mentioned on this page unionsci Industrial Grade Chemicals. I don't think I'd feel comfortable ingesting a chemical labeled "industrial grade".

Did you get the ethanol from unionsci too? On the page that I referred to above 70%, 95%, and 99.8% ethanol are listed, but since they are "industrial grade" then they may not be fit for human consumption. Is food grade ethanol actually available for ordinary people to buy without license? I don't think the ethanol beverage companies would be happy if people started to buy close to 100% food grade ethanol, so I would think that there would be restrictions in order to protect the profits of those beverage companies.

Bakers Mart said they could order Lecithin in large quantities but I didn't pursue it.

Most people in the states order NOW foods non GMO soybean lecithin flakes for making LIPO C

or NOW foods Sunflower lecithin flakes.

People think the flakes have higher levels of phospholipids which are needed for encapsulation

If you want to do it in Thailand then going to have to use less optimal choices like lecithin liquid etc.

As far as the Union Science website I would just go to their shop as I don't think it's that accurate for what they have in stock etc.

anyone interested in making LIPO C should join the DIY-LET group on yahoo and tons of info to get up to speed.

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login;_ylt=AtI46q.M_jXQ2vBSmsjhpB.gwsEF?.src=ygrp&.intl=us&.lang=en-US&.done=https://groups.yahoo.com%2Fneo%2Fgroups%2FDIY-LET%2Finfo

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

You can get lecithin granules at Swanson's Vitamins online. They ship cheap to Thailand via DHL. Order some other stuff while you are at it to make it worth it. A pound is around $10. You can get your vitamin C from them too if you are making liposomal C. Use the sodium ascorbate. It makes better liposomes and make sure to use distilled water as calcium in non-distilled makes bad liposomes.  

• 1 year later...

I have two kilos of Food Grade Soy Lecithin Liquid from Germany which is GMO free Exp. 03.2021 if someone wants them they can collect in Bangkok Thonburi area 800B for the two! Collection only ring 0951129296 English only!