Motorists and Business Operators complain about new Pattaya Beach Speed Humps

webfact

Motorists and Business Operators complain about new Pattaya Beach Speed Humps

hump-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday a 26 year old man suffered minor facial injuries after he was thrown 20 meters off of his motorbike onto the road after he failed to see newly constructed road humps on Pattaya Beach Road.

The injured man along with other concerned residents and business operators believe the new humps will cause a serious accident which could potentially involve foreign tourists.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/112628/motorists-and-business-operators-complain-about-new-pattaya-beach-speed-humps/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-20

Shouldn't have been driving 180kph while drunk and making a Facebook update. Unseen things in the road will get you every time.

I'm really surprised that some people "like" drivel such as this. Some readers of this forum will actually believe what you posted.

• Like 1

How fast do you have to travel to get thrown 20mts and how stupid/drunk to only get away with minor facial injuries?

Well, travelling at just 40kph means that, normally, in one second approximately 11metres will be covered so add in a little take-off fron the hump and your answer is not necessarily that fast.

You reckon that to get away with minor facial injuries he is stupid? Some strange people on here.

Speed bumps are an effective method of reducing traffic speeds, but they should be clearly marked. Perhaps they should paint them black, then hire a talented artist to paint them so that approaching vehicle operators clearly see what appears to be hundreds of 10-15cm long stainless steel spikes mounted vertically in the road, forming the Thai and English words, "SLOW DOWN."

• Like 2

The irony here is so thick you can cut it with a speeding Thai, who adds stupidity to lunacy by thinking that an intelligent person can be deceived into thinking that speeding Thai motorists and price-jacking businesses are actually concerned about foreign tourists being hurt by speed bumps.

How about showing a little concern about foreign tourists and slowing down to let them cross the street, and so they can go into the businesses and get charged at a price that is the same for one and all?

Speed bumps! Concern for foreigners! Yeah! Right! BWAHahahaaaaaaacheesy.gif

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

The "speeders" will learn in the end.........it may take a few "bumps & bruises"........but they are the reason for them being there

A great idea........well done Pattaya Council

Oh ....and another idea.....

Make the humps "the" designated place where pedestrians can cross the road......(they are wide enough for this purpose)

They can see.....and be seen by the motorists

There should be no speed bumps anywhere in any country. They also slow down the emergency services. What about an ambulance that has to get a seriously ill person to hospital in a life or death situation. Why can't the police go out and catch the speeders on a regular basis? and punish them severely. I am not just referring to Thailand or Beach road here.

The "speeders" will learn in the end.........it may take a few "bumps & bruises"........but they are the reason for them being there

Make the humps "the" designated place where pedestrians can cross the road......(they are wide enough for this purpose)

There should be no speed bumps anywhere in any country. They also slow down the emergency services. What about an ambulance that has to get a seriously ill person to hospital in a life or death situation. Why can't the police go out and catch the speeders on a regular basis? and punish them severely. I am not just referring to Thailand or Beach road here.

You must be joking. Really. You really must be joking. I know you are joking.

...erm...

You are joking, ...right?

• Like 1

These are more like speed hills. Much bigger than any I have found on a road before. And as said above, not marked yet so a surprise if hit at anything over 10km/h!

For 18 years I have lived here, the government has gently requested the Thais wear helmets.

You can see for your self the easy way just don't work with the Thais.

Speed hills are great for teaching Thais and they can get all the free food they can suck up a straw at the local hospital.

• Like 2

...erm...

People dying is no joke. If the police and courts would do their jobs properly, there would be no need for speed bumps, or sleeping policemen as they are called in the UK. May I again emphasis, I am referring to any country here, not just Thailand.

...erm...

People dying is no joke. If the police and courts would do their jobs properly, there would be no need for speed bumps, or sleeping policemen as they are called in the UK. May I again emphasis, I am referring to any country here, not just Thailand.

I am referring to lunatics.

I suspect the consequences of having speed bumps in their proper places will be much less in tally to, say...

...having guard rails in their proper places...

...light poles in their proper places...

...having barriers in their proper places...

...having corners in their proper places...

...having ditches and ravines and cliffs in their proper places...

...having buildings in their proper places...

...having pedestrians in their proper places...

...having other drivers in their proper places...

...and so on and so on ad-nausea.

Yes! Let's argue logic in an all out effort to sustain lunacy.

EDIT: Possum1931, the legitimate point about ambulances which you describe is only corroded by the reasons for which those ambulances are needed, as I implied above. -respectwai2.gif

Edited by cup-O-coffee