Open relationships?...just curious!

jkinbkk

I have seen this statement of 'in an Open Relationship' stated by many Thai girls in their profile data on many of the social and matchmaking sites online.

1. Whats the definition of this status do you think?

2. What can be expected in such a relationship?

3. Any of you guys had/having experience of a relationship with such a girl?

I put the topic here as its just bit of idle fun.

• Like 1

Humm ... 'Open Relationships'.

Could be ... I currently have sponsors from England, Germany, Australia and Sweden.

I've done a quick survey amongst my friends and consulted my Calendar and find that I have several Open Relationship opportunities.

March, April, September and December are all good 'Open' times ... biggrin.png

Yes, this could well be true.

Or 'Open Relationship' could be that they are not in a relationship with anybody but they don't want everyone to know that they're a sad lonely singleton, so they put in an 'Open Relationship' just to let people think that they might be playing the field a little bit, when the reality is actually quite different! Kind of a reverse psychology sort of thing.

• Like 1

Most have NFI. I bet you they think its.. I am open for a relationship.

Just like they tick the box "Intimate encounters" only to read in their description, they are good Thai girls looking to get married and settle down, not like lie man,cheat man.. biggrin.png

Like I said... NFI

• Like 1

It means, my current sponsor is a tight ass, if you cough up the readies you can be my number one teelak.

I also have a Thai geek on the side, but you as a dumb farang arent expected to know about these things.

yes this is correct & that new motorbike you buy her is really for her geek.giggle.gif

Humm ... 'Open Relationships'.

Could be ... I currently have sponsors from England, Germany, Australia and Sweden.

I've done a quick survey amongst my friends and consulted my Calendar and find that I have several Open Relationship opportunities.

March, April, September and December are all good 'Open' times ... biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png pagespeed_url_hash=14303579 width=20 height=20>

Yes, this could well be true.

Or 'Open Relationship' could be that they are not in a relationship with anybody but they don't want everyone to know that they're a sad lonely singleton, so they put in an 'Open Relationship' just to let people think that they might be playing the field a little bit, when the reality is actually quite different! Kind of a reverse psychology sort of thing.

Sorry, i must disagree with you. To use reverse psychology ...............one must have intelligence !!!!

Wake up, the can't read or understand any of the descriptions, they tick "open relationship" because they Google it and the reply comes back as single, but the correct reply is i'm single for you darling and i can fit you in every 3 months, now go away and send me money every month and now,, NEXT. These girls work hard and deserve all the cash they get, but not from me i am poor falang. F***** you.

Horses**t.

It's an English as second language misunderstanding.

Matayam 4's and 5's put that on their status, just like they are interested in "men and women."

Doesn't mean they are bisexual, just means they don't get the nuances of English. They're open to having friends, that's all.

So many TV people turn everything to sex possibly as that's why they came to LOS.

• Like 1

Open relationships are an invitation to court trouble and misery.

No commitment from her or a willingness to allow you to date (and have sex with) other women.

That's not any kind of relationship that you can rely on or call stable.

Any woman that would agree to (or participate in) such a thing is not worth bothering with.

These things never end up good.

My advice,... don't be tempted,.. and don't play with fire expecting to not get burnt!

I think 'Open Relationships' means different things for different girls that has posted it.

I believe that there is no exact meaning. For some girls it might mean "I'm working as a bar girl" while for another it might be "I'm looking for a relationship" (open for relationship)

English is not the easiest language for Thais, and there is a lot of misunderstanding.

• Like 1

Open relationship ... at least in America and Europe ... means a man and woman are a couple ... but they are also free to see other people. It's like being able to have a gic with your partners permission.

My experience is that almost always an open relationship never works very long because of inevitable jealously and/or falling for another person.

BTW, FWIW ... I have read literally thousands of profiles on thailovelinks.com and never once saw mention of an oper relationship.

It means, my current sponsor is a tight ass, if you cough up the readies you can be my number one teelak.

I also have a Thai geek on the side, but you as a dumb farang arent expected to know about these things.

+1...Don't think like a person from the West. Thai's don't.

either a hooker with above average computers skills or a non-hooker who didn't understand what she was clicking

Yeah, I suspect a lot of Thai women on the dating sites just tick one of the options, not fully knowing its meaning, or thinking it means something else entirely

• Like 1

You know what's weirder? That other humans are monogamous in the first place. No other species on the planet mates for life, and if you're gonna bring up swans, they cheat like everybody else. They just have better PR than rabbits.

Dr. Gregory House

what is your point?... do you want to be an animal and use your tongue instead of toilet paper?