People show support by handing over cash to Suthep

webfact

I have given Suthep 100 Baht yesterday (through my company fundraising).

I know Suthep don't pay the 37% tax.

But can I use this as my tax rebate? It is worth 37%to me.

Why not , seems cheap for a soul. Ever hear that saying about people knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing?

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't this show how much the public want the corrupted government out? Perhaps you guys shld find out more the details of the corruption

No it shows the thoughts of perhaps 10-15,000 people (maybe 150,000 if they all can be bothered to turn up). Perhaps you should check out the electorate total in Thailand and compare the two figures.

Hey fab4, you can do better than that. Or can you?

In reality, he won't win because Thaksin has way more money and can buy his votes by a million times....

Suthep has some wealthy supporters who could buy Thaksin a dozen times over.

obviously not, because else he would have bought the last elections or afterwards the MPs.

...or...maybe people are not as easy to buy as you think...

Doesn't this show how much the public want the corrupted government out? Perhaps you guys shld find out more the details of the corruption

No it shows the thoughts of perhaps 10-15,000 people (maybe 150,000 if they all can be bothered to turn up). Perhaps you should check out the electorate total in Thailand and compare the two figures.

Didn't know there was a test?

I just thought it was reasonable pointing out that 15,000 or 150,000 people didn't have the right to make decisions for the 45 Million or so Thai people that make up the Electorate. Do you have a counter argument that is sensible?

He is supported by the people who have money to give - unfortunately for him that is not the majority of the Thai people but the small minority who live well above the average - this is why people en-masse don't vote for them. He would gain more kudos by giving that money to the rural poor (in fact by taking even more of this money and redistributing it!)

If everyone hands him their cash now, he can go home and really retire.

Despite his look, his family owns a farm that makes 100M+ THB profit each year. He could just go home and retire anytime he wants if he weren't caring about anything else at all.

I just thought it was reasonable pointing out that 15,000 or 150,000 people didn't have the right to make decisions for the 45 Million or so Thai people that make up the Electorate. Do you have a counter argument that is sensible?

Since when did the people on the streets claim the right to represent all Thais? This is a straw man argument.

They have the right to protest against what they see as a totally corrupt system which is not real representative democracy. They have a right to call for reform which the clan in charge don't want because they would lose at least some power and ability to screw as much as possible out of the country.

Some of their ideas are wrong and some are right but the likes of your sort focus on the mesenger not the message. The numbers are questionable to say the least when it excludes those protesting in other towns & cities - but that's a minor point.

One thing is for sure - the protests have awakened many complacent Thais, including students I'm glad to say, and the polarisation of political views here will have to be addressed - sooner rather than later.

Since when did the people on the streets claim the right to represent all Thais? This is a straw man argument.

They have the right to protest against what they see as a totally corrupt system which is not real representative democracy. They have a right to call for reform which the clan in charge don't want because they would lose at least some power and ability to screw as much as possible out of the country.

Some of their ideas are wrong and some are right but the likes of your sort focus on the mesenger not the message. The numbers are questionable to say the least when it excludes those protesting in other towns & cities - but that's a minor point.

One thing is for sure - the protests have awakened many complacent Thais, including students I'm glad to say, and the polarisation of political views here will have to be addressed - sooner rather than later.

The people on the street are the ones that are following suthep who doesn't want an election. They are riding roughshod over the majority of the Thai electorate who will show their support or not of whatever political party they prefer at the elections to be held in February. They want to impose their own "peoples council" - on whose authority?

Stuff your strawman BS. Just another new member of the anyone but Thaksin/PTP/UDD even if it means suthep brigade.

I think you people just stp and remember that he is a criminal. He has been charged with murder and has never gone to court.

Are you referring to Thaksin or Suthep?

Criminals are those who have been convicted by a court of law (most understand this fact) and Suthep has never been convicted. On the other hand Thaksin has been convicted so it is correct to refer to him as a criminal.

'Since when did the people on the streets claim the right to represent all Thais? This is a straw man argument.'

Just on this specific point - it seems to me that they have often claimed that they represent all Thais. Although sometimes they vary that and claim to be representing good people, but several comments I've seen on Facebook have suggested that those who aren't supporting this aren't really Thai anyway. And that's why:

'Your supreme protest leader, Suthep Thaugsuban, left no room for doubt when he addressed the crowd on Monday, saying he would soon deliver an announcement, "on behalf of all the Thai people".

Wow, I don't recall giving my consent to Suthep (or anyone else) to speak on my behalf. And you know deep down that millions of others hadn't done so, either. The truth is, no one can ever claim to be speaking on behalf of all Thais.'

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/A-letter-to-the-well-heeled-protesters-of-Bangkok-30221768.html

• Like 1

The people on the street are the ones that are following suthep who doesn't want an election. They are riding roughshod over the majority of the Thai electorate who will show their support or not of whatever political party they prefer at the elections to be held in February. They want to impose their own "peoples council" - on whose authority?

Stuff your strawman BS. Just another new member of the anyone but Thaksin/PTP/UDD even if it means suthep brigade.

Actually it is YOUR strawman BS which you can do with it what you like.

If you coulsd only stop the propaganda for a few minutes you would have noticed the following:

1. Suthep has called for a council to sort out corruption and the clan maintaining it followed by an election.

2. Suthep has called for provincial governors to be elected.

3. Suthep has called for the chief of police to be elected.

4. Suthep has called for more decentralisation of government arms.

So it is a plain lie to claim he doesn't want an election. What he doesn't want is another vote-buying spree giving a facade to democracy. He also doesn't want another effort to gove a free pass to criminals, accused criminals and thousands under investigation for corruption.

You seriously need to see the wood for the trees and understand that many, like myself, are not Suthep supporters but do support a number of his aims. But that would take a slightly open mind.

• Like 1

'Since when did the people on the streets claim the right to represent all Thais? This is a straw man argument.'

Just on this specific point - it seems to me that they have often claimed that they represent all Thais. Although sometimes they vary that and claim to be representing good people, but several comments I've seen on Facebook have suggested that those who aren't supporting this aren't really Thai anyway. And that's why:

'Your supreme protest leader, Suthep Thaugsuban, left no room for doubt when he addressed the crowd on Monday, saying he would soon deliver an announcement, "on behalf of all the Thai people".

Wow, I don't recall giving my consent to Suthep (or anyone else) to speak on my behalf. And you know deep down that millions of others hadn't done so, either. The truth is, no one can ever claim to be speaking on behalf of all Thais.'

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/A-letter-to-the-well-heeled-protesters-of-Bangkok-30221768.html

I'll concede that this is OTT. He does tend to get carried away. So point one conceded but the others still stand.

I'll concede that this is OTT. He does tend to get carried away. So point one conceded but the others still stand.

Obviously it's important from the protesters' POV to play up their popular legitimacy. Hence all the talk of the 'Thai people'. But surely the only real test of where the Thai people stand is an election...

Edited by Emptyset

Obviously it's important from the protesters' POV to play up their popular legitimacy. Hence all the talk of the 'Thai people'. But surely the only real test of where the Thai people stand is an election...

I would agree with you if it is free and fair. Free from major vote-buying and fair from no intimidation. Unfortunately I doubt it.

I wouldn't trust this man (who did shady land deals didn't he?) or any 'politician' to tell me the time in a room full of clocks.

The people giving him cash - "A disciple is an asshol_e looking for a human to attach itself to".

Edited by hughben

Another woman was seen holding up a banner that read: "I am pretty and rich and have come to top up money for Uncle Kamnan [suthep]."

Why would anyone hold up a banner like that? Some of these people are unbelievable in their narcissistic, snobbish and condescending attitudes.

I seen another banner better. "No Thaksin, No Corruption".

That should end the accusations,that this present protest has been paid for by the Bangkok Elite. I guess the man from Dubai,had better get his wallet out,nobody in their right mind,is going to give him the price of a cup of coffee!

Yes if you are a Thai, this would surely prove it for them. But then, I would find it hard to believe that this is where Thai's go to get their information and to fool even the dumbest foreigner it would take more than this to prove it. Then when you make comments like this as if we are so naïve. you give your true identity away.

We always believe in three sides to every story and if we don't believe it we at least know it. In Thailand the belief comes from the one that comes up with the story first.....nothing else matters.......not even the truth.

Quote:

[People show support by handing over cash to Suthep]

He probably took large parts of their cash already, when the dems. were in power and before that when he was on Taksin's side !!

At least now it is handed over willingly and knowingly, nice gesture !