Electrician recommendations wanted

sonos99

I'd be very surprised if your place is earthed, i've even seen the plug sockets and ring-main with earth, but the earth in the consumer box/ fuse box goes nowhere, if your in a house easiest way is to buy a metre earth spike (less then 100B), bury it completely straight down in the earth and get your sparky to connect the earth to it.

Most Thai kettles and toasters come with the earth pin missing, i guess it's off metal appliances you are getting the shocks, metal hotplates, metal kettle, the edges or screws off appliances

If your apartment or house is Thai wired, meaning just live and neutral, no earth!!!!!!, it's worth taking precautions as it seems you are, get them to check the shower electric feed aswel, again you can buy a sensitive mini circuit breaker ( less 120B) and that will will give you another safety device as well as the earth breaker built into the shower itself and the breaker in the consumer box, but it should be earthed 1,000,000%.

Hope you get sorted, not a nice feeling when the appliances bite back

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the suggestions I will get on to it on Monday.

Yes you are probably correct about the house not being earthed. I have had the occasional shock from the oven and microwave in the past but have just got a new dishwasher with a stainless steel door. It seems to be "live". I can open the door using a dishcloth without any shock but if I use my bare hand I get zapped. The poor cat made the mistake of rubbing up against the door - it won't do it again.

I will unplug it until it can be checked by an electrician.

Thanks again

Thank you very much for the suggestions I will get on to it on Monday.

Yes you are probably correct about the house not being earthed. I have had the occasional shock from the oven and microwave in the past but have just got a new dishwasher with a stainless steel door. It seems to be "live". I can open the door using a dishcloth without any shock but if I use my bare hand I get zapped. The poor cat made the mistake of rubbing up against the door - it won't do it again.

I will unplug it until it can be checked by an electrician.

Thanks again

Does the dishwasher have a 2 or 3 pin plug on it, of coarse if there's no earthing it really won't make a difference if it does have 3, does your kitchen sockets have 3 holes, one being the earth???, normally new appliances would be well insulated electrically to avoid a discharge, but electricity always finds a way.

better to be safe then sorry, good your getting it checked, remember your electric showers, have the electrician take a look, just for piece of mind, take care, be safe

Dishwasher has a 3 pin plug but is missing the earth pin - so could be a simple fix. But I still will not know if it is correctly earthed. Also, in the past I have had shocks from other appliances.

So I will get it checked out by an electrician.

Dishwasher has a 3 pin plug but is missing the earth pin - so could be a simple fix. But I still will not know if it is correctly earthed. Also, in the past I have had shocks from other appliances. So I will get it checked out by an electricia

Please post what the electrician says, i'm always interested in what they come up with. regards